philippio

What do you prefer  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer

• Underground
    • Mainstream
    • Whatever has the largest guestlist

LOL

We are going to guess that option one is for the true music lovers that are at the point where they actually understand and appreciate where EDM comes from and what it takes to create such sounds.

We are going to guess that option two is also for the music lovers but who have yet to grasp the details of EDM.

and

We are going to guess that option three is directed to the promoters.

Our sig should tell you what we favor

:)

Guest brwneydtrouble

Miami is the home of the mutherfuckin bass

Detroit motor city is always in the place

Germany can't you see is where it all began

Kraftwerk and Bambataa had the master plan

From Frisco Bay to the UK

Electro pounds the ground

B-boys prepare for battle cause..........

Germany can't you see is where it all began

Kraftwerk and Bambataa had the master plan

From Frisco Bay to the UK

Electro pounds the ground

B-boys prepare for battle cause..........

wheres ny???

Blah, blah, blah. Everybody votes "underground", but everybody goes to "mainstream". So, whatever. Do what you want, but at least be honest about it.

Be patient, coach... let them all vote! I think this poll will reveal everything that's going terribly wrong with Miami's scene! :D

Be patient, coach... let them all vote! I think this poll will reveal everything that's going terribly wrong with Miami's scene! :D

The poll is a little vague most people that listen to our music that's on this board will vote underground. Of course some people on this board do listen to 93.1fm cuz it has dance music on there. Whether it's cheeze or not it's got dance music on there

As for the 3rd option being for promoters I could care less about a guest list especially when theres no cover to go to the weekly Im involved with.

Miami on the other hand needs a guestlist or to reduce admission cuz I don't see myself paying 20 to 40 to get into a club then get drinks etc etc

just my 2 cents

Peace,

Yeah, skytraveler, you guys are definitely underground. But that's part of my point. How many people on this list actually listen to pulseradio regularly or attend something like Ignite on a regular basis.

Note that unlike some people, I do not have a bias against mainstream music. It is all music to me. I like some underground sounds, and I like some mainstream sounds. All I'm saying is that if somebody chooses "underground" as their favorite music style in the poll and then spends most of their nights out at Space or Crobar, or even Envy, then they are not being honest. Or maybe they just don't know the difference.

Productions (music) that exist outside the mainstream establishments. I also see it as a movement. One that is not saturated by "club politics" leaving the root of the sounds pure, intelligent and somewhat secretive.

I could go on but.......

I think people like MENG (and others) know what I mean.

:dj:

It's underground before radio stations put it in heavy rotation.

If it's played religiously at clubs it still maintains street credibility without crossing the commercial line.

PS -- Bjork is performing at the Olympics right now... channel 6

It's underground before radio stations put it in heavy rotation.

If it's played religiously at clubs it still maintains street credibility without crossing the commercial line.

PS -- Bjork is performing at the Olympics right now... channel 6

So, something is underground only if it is unpopular? Wow, I guess I must be the MOST underground DJ in the world!

So, something is underground only if it is unpopular? Wow, I guess I must be the MOST underground DJ in the world!

I don't know if I'd agree with that. A scene can be popular and still maintain that "underground" edge. Popular to me would mean that it attracts a group of followers, but not a majority of listeners like pop culture. For me, when a city's major radio stations get a hold of a certain track, it loses its "underground" status the fisrt time it's broacast on the airwaves! :D