Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Taking "time off" and other women...

damelo

Dude, you just said in your first post that part of the agreement was to see other people. Hello?! McFly!

it was a mutual agreement. the problem is that even though she SAID we could, you know how girls can be. She could just be testing me. or she could just be saying that we can, but would still freak out anyway if/when she finds out.

well first off, i dont get why you need time off because of stress in your lives. i mean, you say she's the one....say you do end up marrying this woman, do you plan on taking a break during your marriage due to stress in your lives?? youre supposed to work through problems in your relationship, despite what they are, if you truly want to be/stay with this person. thats just my opinion

but anyway, as for whether or not you should have a fling or not, do what you feel comfortable with. if you want a fling, then do it, if not then dont simple as that, just remember everything has consequences ...however, i would tell her what happens. she will find out, that usually happens, and chances are that she'll be pissed. besides if she's "the one", and you plan on being with her again in the future, theres the comfort level and trust aspect to be able to tell the other person anything... therefore, the secrets arent necessary.

well first off, i dont get why you need time off because of stress in your lives. i mean, you say she's the one....say you do end up marrying this woman, do you plan on taking a break during your marriage due to stress in your lives?? youre supposed to work through problems in your relationship, despite what they are, if you truly want to be/stay with this person. thats just my opinion

but anyway, as for whether or not you should have a fling or not, do what you feel comfortable with. if you want a fling, then do it, if not then dont simple as that, just remember everything has consequences ...however, i would tell her what happens. she will find out, that usually happens, and chances are that she'll be pissed. besides if she's "the one", and you plan on being with her again in the future, theres the comfort level and trust aspect to be able to tell the other person anything... therefore, the secrets arent necessary.

i agree :aright:

right... i agree with u somewhat... but at the same time we dont know why they need time apart exactly.. maybe theyre both too young and/or the issues that are stressing them require time alone to figure things out without the added stress and burdren of a sig other/relationship... when it comes down to it, they ARENT married so if they feel they need time apart now, better give themselves that chance now while they can.

So my girlfriend and I have been having all sorts of stress in our lives, and we decided to take a little bit of "time off" to have some time apart and figure things out. I'm sure we are going to get back together very soon.

However, when we took time off, part of the agreement was that we are allowed to see other people. What do you think? Should I have one more thrill, or should I be good? I know I want to be with this girl, she's definitely the one, but while we're taking time off, should I try to hook up one last time? It IS my last chance, although I might feel really guilty

Advice, please!!!!!!!!

I find this situation laughable...if you guys really loved each other the times you would NEED and WANT to be together are when you are "stressed out" and really need someone who cares and who you care about. These are the times when a relationship can get stronger and you two realize how much you love and need each other, not that you need time apart.

When a cpl says they need a break I think everyone knows that its over and the one who says "we need a break" is just scared of telling the other.

If it as her who said you need a break don't be a fool and think you can get it back cuz most likely its OVER!!!

I find this situation laughable...if you guys really loved each other the times you would NEED and WANT to be together are when you are "stressed out" and really need someone who cares and who you care about. These are the times when a relationship can get stronger and you two realize how much you love and need each other, not that you need time apart.

When a cpl says they need a break I think everyone knows that its over and the one who says "we need a break" is just scared of telling the other.

If it as her who said you need a break don't be a fool and think you can get it back cuz most likely its OVER!!!

:clap:

Ok, I'm well aware of the risks, etc. However, for the purposes of this question, let's just assume that we will get back together. Does that change your answer???

lol...your not getting back together.

OK, lets assume you will get back...lol...the reason for the break (and lets be honest here, its not stress) is to see if you are ment to be together, so of course she is gonna hook up with other guys, why else would you want a break from the person you supposedly are in love with?...so you better get yours.

..and there in lies the irony...if you two were ment to be you would NEVER even consider a break and seeing other people.

So good luck with that

:aright:

the only possible reasons i can think of for taking a break (and i'm stretching to reach for these) are: 1) she wants to date other guys for a while to see if anyone else makes her feel the way you make her feel (or to see if she finds someone better in some way than you)

2) she wants to break up with you but doesnt have the guts to say it

3) she wants to try to find someone else, but wants to keep you around as a safety net in case she cant find someone else

4) she just wants to go get laid with someone else

5) the "stress" in her life is you, and she wants some time to relax

6) she wants to test you, to see if you will sleep with other girls as soon as you get the chance

7) she wants to see your reaction if/when you find out she slept with other guys during the break

8) there really is something wrong in her life that she feels she needs to work out on her own

now, from your post, it seems more like she suggested it, or at least beat around the bush enough to make you think that you both thought of it together, that you take a break... now, did she say you should both see other people? or did you? (and who brought it up first?)

anyways, my advice is to go have fun, sleep with whoever you feel like, and relax. if she asks questions, refuse to answer no matter what. until you get back together again, she is NOT your gf, and therefore not entitled to know about anything that happened while you were apart.

most likely, you're not getting back together, but who knows... maybe she is "the one"

(and another little tip... if something makes you feel guilty, you probably shouldnt be doing it)