Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gabriel and Dresden w/Eddie Lee @ Avalon Sat Sept 4th

This Saturday Sept 4th at Avalon NYC features one of dance music'ss most prolific and highly sought after remix teams Gabriel and Dresden. They were responsible for the anthem "As the Rush Comes" which found its way into the box of every DJ worldwide. They've also remixed New Order, Annie Lennox, Andain, Jewel, and Way Out West among others. Check out www.avalonnewyorkcity.com for more info. I'll be warming up the room so come early and party till late!

Cheers,

Eddie Lee

don't forget your blankets and pillows, haha. i don't know, their sets tend to be a very mellow side, last time i saw them at avalon i wanted to pass out.

true. that's why I think I just go for Eddie - he always gets me going.

Who will be closing the show....? or will they just turn on the ugly lights like they did the last few times (sucks!!!)

Thanks PCR...I always do my best to get the crowd going before the headliner. Believe me, it's a delicate task.....

Last time Gabriel and Dresden were here I recall them being very experimental with their sound. They're quite an interesting duo with a unique style. Every international DJ has played their tracks and I'm sure they'll break out something special.....

Hope to see everyone there!

Eddie Lee

Thanks PCR...I always do my best to get the crowd going before the headliner. Believe me, it's a delicate task.....

Last time Gabriel and Dresden were here I recall them being very experimental with their sound. They're quite an interesting duo with a unique style. Every international DJ has played their tracks and I'm sure they'll break out something special.....

Hope to see everyone there!

Eddie Lee

oh shooot .. Eddie Lee is a great DJ .. and i hate myself but i cant make it to this event .. sorry dude

but to everyone else .. Eddie kicks ass .. and G&D should be a good event ..

wish i could go .. waaaaaaaaaaaa

peace

the MASK

So if I'm reading this correctly, it's 21+ for guys and 18+ for girls?

Heh, if I'm 20 and visiting from the other side of the country, do you think they'll make an exception?

i wont be so sure man .. but you can give it a try .. just dont be disappointed if they dont let u in

what might help is if u go with a hot woman .. they might let u in if the woman uses her charm ...

peace

the MASK

where is the lap lougue anyways? is it that red room with the chandelirs or it it the room next to the hiphop room

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the Girls Gone Wild event! If you guys are lucky, maybe you'll get to see the Avalon resident DJ doing backflips in the lap lounge yelling "Show me your tits!"

Eddie Lee

So if I'm reading this correctly, it's 21+ for guys and 18+ for girls?

Heh, if I'm 20 and visiting from the other side of the country, do you think they'll make an exception?

Don't hold me to this bro, but I got in a couple of times on Saturdays as 18. I never got rejected at Avalon. Just don't dress like shit (meaning trendy) and you probably won't have a problem.

i'll be there tonite. was there last night also. i'm easy to spot. i'm the only one with glow braclets in the club. i usally just stay in the hip hop room and sometimes go to the main room. so if you happpen to see me say what's up.

peace

root aka joe

Anyone going that wants to meet up somewhere before the club? I have no idea where the hell I'm going and it'd be nice to know a familiar face inside the club.

Just got back a little while ago and I wasn't thrilled. Way too many pauses in the beats. It was like 1 minute of good shit and then 2 or 3 minutes of shit you can't dance to. I'm not an expert on dance music but I've been to a lot of better nights. Blah, can't complain though. I got to make out with 3 chicks. Also, where the heck were all the girls from girls gone wild? It seemed like they were just filming the dance floor. If anyone recognized me give me a shoutout...I was the guy in the gray button up shirt walking around for a good portion off the night in a drunken stupor :pint: . Well, I'm off to take a nap...gotta be in the ER in 2 hours :zzz: .

Nikola Gala's "Swing 2 Harmony" is my currently my favorite track and I drop it every chance I get. It is an absolutely gorgeous piece of music and even G&D asked me what it was....

I hope everyone had a good time. Thanks to those who came to Avalon and especially to those who stayed till the end......

Eddie Lee

i left you a pm a couple days ago.. too late to check it out now but read it and let me know for next time your in the city

Nikola Gala's "Swing 2 Harmony" is my currently my favorite track and I drop it every chance I get. It is an absolutely gorgeous piece of music and even G&D asked me what it was....

I hope everyone had a good time. Thanks to those who came to Avalon and especially to those who stayed till the end......

Eddie Lee

sorry for the double post... i inadvertently pushed something...

the girls gone wild party was so lame...the girls were gross. too bad it was the same night as G&D.....I don't know why avalon brings those dancer girls either. G&D spun all my fav trance anthems....thankfully they also spun 'no one on earth'. everyone was jumping up and down when they spun 'as the rush comes' every once in a while they added a track and we were like 'wtf is this??'

way too many asians there...i thought that was odd, but I assume most ppl saw G&D last time they came.

Thank you G&D for a great night!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!