Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OFF TOPIC: interview

fearlesss

I just had an interview w/ JP Morgan Chase for a cbo analyst position.

It's been awhile since I interviewed but if you did well do not companies usually ask you back for a second interview the same day? Are is being told that they have a couple other interviews to do and that I would hear some thing by the end of this week or beginning on next standard? She also said that I could call to follow up as well if I did not hear anything.

It's been awhile since I interviewed but if you did well do not companies usually ask you back for a second interview the same day? Are is being told that they have a couple other interviews to do and that I would hear some thing by the end of this week or beginning on next standard? She also said that I could call to follow up as well if I did not hear anything.

in my experience...

and no i haven't always been a tattoo artist...

i interviewed at the comodities exchange... (while in the building i realized it is the mecca of all evil) tenant construction, managed construcion of malls... ran energy management systems for several large companies... all before 25...

anyway... wait one week and make your follow up call...

if the office you interviewed at seemed laxed enough... i dress up to the T...

and show up... i've also made my follow up call from my cell phone in the lobby and walked in talking to the secretary... always gets a good laugh...

this maybe to forward for some companies... but ima dick... make your own choice... if you want it, go take it...

good luck!!! be fearless dog!!!

I would send a letter to the person you interviewed with thanking them for the opportunity...blah, blah, blah. Then follow up with a phone call next week.

Usually you have the second interview scheduled that day.

how big of a company is it? do you know what there total assets under mngt. are?

it's for jp morgan chase. They bought bankone and this division was part of bankone. Total asset of JP morgan? close to a trillion. The capital market division? in the billions

Total asset of JP morgan? close to a trillion. The capital market division? in the billions

I know that...I'm saying did they talk to you about or do you specialize in any specific bond sector. We have about 1.8 billion in assets and only about 6 analyst as well as 3 more people in upper mngt. My company is small, only about 12 people

i dunno. i have had mixed things happen. i have had people ask me to come in right away, i have also had to send a thank you letter BS and i have been scheduled for a 2nd (even 3rd) interview. i think it all depends on the impression you leave on them. if they KNOW youre the one they may schedule something on the spot or tell you they want you to meet their boss asap. if they are meeting or have met other people they like they may put you on the back burner which means they will try to get the other people and it if falls through possibly call you or continue interviewing for the position. its not necessarily a bad thing, in big companies like that one people have to go by certain rules and who knows, maybe she just wants to finish interviewing everyone she has scheduled before she makes any further arrangements. definitely send a thank you letter, if youre the one person who does out of 20 it puts you ahead b/c it shows you took the time to follow up which is extremely important in business.

hrm, so jp morgan is looking for someone?? :idea: jk. you should never tell people who is hiring, your best friend would go behind your back for money. certainly people on CP would too.

goodluck.

i

hrm, so jp morgan is looking for someone?? :idea: jk. you should never tell people who is hiring, your best friend would go behind your back for money. certainly people on CP would too.

goodluck.

lol, yea I know. But I am not on the east coast. The postion is not listed on on their site ( I checked after they called, I was looking for a job description).

As an HR manager by trait...second interviews are not always established the same day. It most likely will be with another person and their schedule needs to be checked, etc. Now, the fact that they called you is def a plus on your side. As others have said, def send follow up email thanking for time (it does count) and also the fact that you were told to call was a good thing too.

Most importantly, keep in mind that this is a holiday weekend and things are prob moving slower than usual for the company.

Best wishes :bounce: