Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I think....

xxgrooveericxx

Hurricane Ivan is a Category 3 with 115MPH max winds. It broke the record for being the strongest hurricane EVER to be so far away from land in the Atlantic.

I think Global Warming is a major cause for this very active hurricane season (so far) and very powerful storms. What does a hurricane need to get stronger? Warm water! :idea:

:idea:

Our house will have a nice decor of plywood and shutters for the rest of hurricane season! Looking out the window won't happen until late this year...

LOL we will not be seeing any sunlight in the house for a while. especially since i just took the shutters off last week and then had to put them back up this week....not doing that again! :mad:

i JUST got my cable modem back and we lost power about 3 hours ago but thankfully it only lasted for half an hour. at first i thought it was out for the night.

that track for ivan is coming just a little too close to florida! :shake: and it's a 4 now!!! 135mph winds. it's headed straight for us. florida is in the middle of the freakin path.

a lot of houses have the accordian like metal ones that go into tracks above and below the windows (we have those here for the lanai windows/doors), all of the new houses around here (lee county) have to have hurricane shutters so they are using those mostly. some people have awnings that can be put down (we have those for the external windows and they are a BITCH to put up/down).

LOL we will not be seeing any sunlight in the house for a while. especially since i just took the shutters off last week and then had to put them back up this week....not doing that again! :mad:

QUOTE]

thats not too bad, half of the population in Alaska only see sunlight every 6 months...

QUOTE]

thats not too bad, half of the population in Alaska only see sunlight every 6 months...

yeah but is Alaska the Sunshine State? :laugh:

they get sunshine all night/day if that makes any sense for 6 str8 months and than they get complete darkness for another 6 str8 months...

but i know what u meant lol...

i know about alaska :) it's just funny, no sunlight coming into the house in florida, the sunshine state.....

actually it will prob cost less to keep the house cool :idea:

Hurricane Ivan is a Category 3 with 115MPH max winds. It broke the record for being the strongest hurricane EVER to be so far away from land in the Atlantic.

I think Global Warming is a major cause for this very active hurricane season (so far) and very powerful storms. What does a hurricane need to get stronger? Warm water! :idea:

This is begining to sound like a sequel to The Day After Tomorrow.