Clubplanet Nightlife Community

At what age will you stop clubbing / seeing dj's?

it seems that whenever I go to avalon, spirit, Ikon etc, the crowd gets younger and younger since obviously older ppl settle down or tire of the scene.

for example Gabriel & Dresden... so many little kiddies even though there's no age limit to trance. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but personally, I like to see an older crowd cuz they're more mature and knowledgeable about their music.

i know 'age ain't nothing but a numba', but does anyone else here feel the same?

its not an age thing ...its a matter of morons, and assholes that come into nyc- mostly from 201,973,718,516. 203 etc, that has distrubed clubbing in nyc for a while now...get rid of them..club scene would improve dramatically--lmfao

i myself am only 18.

i know how older people look down upon us, because its an "age thing". that we're inferior to them.. but like.. serioulsy.. its that whole "im a man" mentality. age is seriously nothing but a number. age does not define one's maturity. its how the person defines himself.

i dont know why u think older generations look down at younger ones ..

ok . some people do . but some others dont .. and those are the respectful ones you want to deal with anyway ..

on the other hand .. some younger generations also look at older generations as if they are not suppose to be in clubs .. as if they are suppose to stay home and die ..

so .. the point here is that .. it goes both ways .. but lets not consider those people who look down at people anyway ... coz young or old . no one should disrespect anyone .. lets look at those good examples (not the bad ones) .. that respect people no matter what their age ...

if u love music .. enjoy it .. understand it .. dance to it .. that is all that matters ..

ALL of my club friends are younger than me . and some are .. your age or v. close to your age .. we all share the love to music . the dancing passion .. the love to clubs ... and the love to people and making friends ..

peace

the MASK

When the scene was how it should be...you were 12 years old. :woah:

But at least you are on the level and going with the flow of the music. In the end, that's what matters.

you were right. not exactly 12, but i did get into the scene when i was 14-15. and yes, the underaged clubbing was in full effect. yes i was one of those damn youngins.

but a youngin that appreciated the scene. :beer:

i dont know why u think older generations look down at younger ones ..

ok . some people do . but some others dont .. and those are the respectful ones you want to deal with anyway ..

on the other hand .. some younger generations also look at older generations as if they are not suppose to be in clubs .. as if they are suppose to stay home and die ..

so .. the point here is that .. it goes both ways .. but lets not consider those people who look down at people anyway ... coz young or old . no one should disrespect anyone .. lets look at those good examples (not the bad ones) .. that respect people no matter what their age ...

if u love music .. enjoy it .. understand it .. dance to it .. that is all that matters ..

ALL of my club friends are younger than me . and some are .. your age or v. close to your age .. we all share the love to music . the dancing passion .. the love to clubs ... and the love to people and making friends ..

peace

the MASK

MASK! how you doing? been awhile since we chatted.

everything ok with you?

looking back on my post, i didnt neccesarily mean the entire age group above our generation looks down upon us. i take that back. (but i've met a portion, that i wont let go of) - it's a whole misunderstanding. but i've met people who were very ignorant about our generation and they were rambling away about how we're all drug addicts, how we dont know anything about the EDM scene.. and im just like.. oK..

some people are just very ignorant in this world and so egotistical about themselves... we dont need this. lol

but then again, theres people out there are just really chill. knowing and/or having friends younger than they are - YET are still chill with them, thats whats up. age shouldnt be a factor when it comes to making friends. if you bond, you bond. if not, then it was never meant to be.

anyways, see you around MASK.

take cares` keep rockin that dancefloor! :clap2:

MASK! how you doing? been awhile since we chatted.

everything ok with you?

looking back on my post, i didnt neccesarily mean the entire age group above our generation looks down upon us. i take that back. (but i've met a portion, that i wont let go of) - it's a whole misunderstanding. but i've met people who were very ignorant about our generation and they were rambling away about how we're all drug addicts, how we dont know anything about the EDM scene.. and im just like.. oK..

some people are just very ignorant in this world and so egotistical about themselves... we dont need this. lol

but then again, theres people out there are just really chill. knowing and/or having friends younger than they are - YET are still chill with them, thats whats up. age shouldnt be a factor when it comes to making friends. if you bond, you bond. if not, then it was never meant to be.

anyways, see you around MASK.

take cares` keep rockin that dancefloor! :clap2:

cool man . we agree then ..

and good to hear from you too dude ..

lets try to meet up sometime in the future .. do i hear Chris Leibing?????

:bounce:

All you guys have to do is watch THE MASK dance. And if you haven't seen him you should. he really inspires me to keep dancing , And im quite sure he'll inspire everybody else that hasn't seen him move..

trust me you'll dance for a very long time after seeing him

DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWW .. man . that is soooo nice of you .. this is the nicest thing someone ever said about me ..

i am soooo happy to inspire a great dancer like yourself ... :)

I was driving down the road having this very conversation with myself. Scary huh? When will I stop going out? I think the answer is never but the way I go out has changed and continues to change. It used to be about rollin around to deep trance and as I grew out of that, the places I went changed. I dont know what the last stop will be, but I will never be tired of cool places, cool vibes and good people. I wont be clubbin when Im 50, but I also wont be at home watching NYPD Blue reruns and watching my wife knit sweaters.

its not an age thing ...its a matter of morons, and assholes that come into nyc- mostly from 201,973,718,516. 203 etc, that has distrubed clubbing in nyc for a while now...get rid of them..club scene would improve dramatically--lmfao

So babbo, with that brilliant logic, since I work in 212, but live in 201, does that make me at least half as cool as you?

DREWWWWWWWWWWWWWW .. man . that is soooo nice of you .. this is the nicest thing someone ever said about me ..

don't worry man . im quite sure , when we are the first people at partys man , we inspire alot of people to try and dance..

don't worry man . im quite sure , when we are the first people at partys man , we inspire alot of people to try and dance..

don't feel so bad sweetie. i live in a 516 and go to a 718 everyday...so i am twice the "moron". it's only "distrubed clubbing in nyc for a while now"...you know they only put those tunnels, bridges and subways up...back in the 1990's.

So babbo, with that brilliant logic, since I work in 212, but live in 201, does that make me at least half as cool as you?

I'm 38 and I have been partying since I was 15 and my best friends dad and his 2 partners bought Studio 54 from Steve Rubell and Co. and we used to walk thru the crowds into the VIP lounge. In 2 days Iam heading to Ibiza for the final 5 days of the season after 3 weeks of rockin' in St. Tropez, Monte Carlo, Santa Margherita/Portofino and then to Milan for the Fashion shows and clubs like Plastique and De Sade. Iwill never stop, I will simply open my own club some day here in Italy and bring in all the talent I have experienced in my days. Why stop? :bounce:

I'll stop when its not fun for me anymore...I think its that simple.

So true.

Just because you get married and/ or have kids doesn't mean itz time to count your days to death. That is why some marriages fail... cause all the fun stuff is forgotten.

I still go out on occasion with my hubby and other married friends. We have great times...just less hours than we used to because of our family obligations. :love:

Exactly bro - I'll be 35 in Nov, married and have a 3 yr. old son; I don't party like I used to, but don't get me wrong, if PVD or Tiesto is in town, my wife will watch our son...I just learned to prioritize and pick my parties...

and now it's a different kind of fun to just watch my son bug out to the music...

QUOTE=starburst777]If music is your passion the answer is NEVER. I am married- have 2 kids and still DJ. Just not the crazy hours I used to... If you truly love music and the scene you will find a way to be a part of it--anyway you can. I could and really should spin in a full fledged club, but I settle for Wed nites b/c it works with my lifestyle. I drive a minivan with beats pumping out the window. Music is a part of me and I will never give it up. Next to my family it is my Happiness.

I'm 36 and I've seen alot of trends come and go...What happens is as you get older you get lazy and basicly just wanna sit around , be comfortable and have some drinks and what not. I like to keep up with what's going on so I still hit a few spots every now and then... but it's usually with a group of people my age and we're usually off in some room drinking really overpriced bottles and staring down at what we used to be.... But it's cool when you can do that and listen to good music, re-live the past have some laughs and appreciate the culture.... It would be cool if some of the younger crowd of clubbers weren't so out of control

It almost seems like everyone's trying to outdo each other. The other thing that bugs me is these so-called promoters and guestlists. Back in the day if you were on a guestlist it wasn't so that a college kid could put $5 in his pocket... Guestlists were for real vip's who were comped because club owners knew they'd spend money once inside or attract people who would. Promoters were people who rented a club for a night and threw a party that usually revolved around a live act that was hot at the time and took all the financial risk in promoting thier party. Some things have gotten better...The buildings themselves, the technology (lights, sound etc) security and the selection at the bar.. I definately do feel very old when I walk into one of these places tho....The day will come soon when I'll be sick of it....