Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Residency for a local favorite DJ

Bling

According to my inside sources, (industry peep....DJ ), George Acosta will begin a bi-monthly residency at Moscow in Ft. Lauderdale (Davie), starting October 2nd.

Other guest djs to spin there will include DJ Garfield, Markus Schulz and Edgar V

it's weird. Acosta is not really respected down here in Miami, but in LA, Seattle, Boston, and other places the venues are usually packed to rafters with hungry ears.

he was supposed to play Sunday night at some new place in WPB but due to Hurricane Fuckeverythingup, the show do not happen.

it's weird. Acosta is not really respected down here in Miami, but in LA, Seattle, Boston, and other places the venues are usually packed to rafters with hungry ears.

he was supposed to play Sunday night at some new place in WPB but due to Hurricane Fuckeverythingup, the show do not happen.

Noone is a prophet in his own land :pint:

He's played at Resport in WPB on the past 3 Holiday weekends. I havent been so I dont know how the crowds were.

According to my inside sources, (industry peep....DJ ), George Acosta will begin a bi-monthly residency at Moscow in Ft. Lauderdale (Davie), starting October 2nd.

Other guest djs to spin there will include DJ Garfield, Markus Schulz and Edgar V

what the fuck are your inside sources...pancreas? liver? :vomit2:

The guy has his own style & rocked for years SOBE.

Obviously, different ears for different styles, so people have turned to

other sounds, but he still has a strong following outside of MIA.

People bash him here and whut not...but he's the one laughing all the way

to the bank! Literally!! bank.gif

People bash George Acosta everywhere. I am serious last time he came to Spundae in Chicago there where like 4 pages of GA bashing in Pure Future a House, Techno board. But the day of his gig he had a pack house and Spundae Chicago has like 4 floors is huge club that was a great night. The guy is doing his thing and he doenst care of the trash talking.

I think Acosta has a trademark sound that he developed around 98-99, when he was at the top of his game. He did rock SoBe for some time, and was SoFL's #1 local for a while there. He was also the one who introduced many ppl i have met thru the years into the whole sounds and the scene in general. He definitely has my respect as a dj, and as an entrepreneur.

The problem is, he has not further developed his sound to keep up with newer rythms and beats out there. Maybe he is a "purist" i dunno, considering the access he has to every label out there and the potential of receivinng maad demos; and has decided to stick to his energetic, anthemic trancey sound.

He does have a big following in other places in the country for 2 main reasons: One. Newcomers to the scene follow the Acosta gateway of entrance no matter where they are; the same way some follow the Oakenfold gate, to this day. And Two. many of those who are not as new were not exposed to his signature sounds back then, and are somewhat attracted to it now, as well as just plain promotion/hype based on his reputation

I personally havent heard him in over a year at least, but i just lost motivation to do so, mainly because of his monotony and his non-evolving sound.

just my .02 ...

Peace!

mp3.-:smoke:

You guys say that he really doesn't have a following in Miami. Well let see when he played one time in Maze how many people went to see his show I think it was over 2000. In Level when he played he packed the house he had Spin rockin for a while. I just think is hard to keep a residency when you are a trance dj . But I am completly sure that if GA gets a gig a Friday night at Space the turnout would be the same if Tiesto or PVD or Armin etc where there.

Acosta had Miami in the palm of his hand back then. Unfortunately, his cocky attitude fucked it up for him here. I think that's the one of the main reasons why he isn't down here too much anymore. He still has a following here, but nowhere near like before. But I can say this, and I don't care what anyone says, but he can still rock the crowd! Now whats the deal with the Jon Secada thing :tongue:

But I am completly sure that if GA gets a gig a Friday night at Space the turnout would be the same if Tiesto or PVD or Armin etc where there.

Miami is force-fed house music way too much IMHO. So anytime a big name "trance" DJ is at Space, of course the place will be slammed. I'm pretty even if it was Acosta. The 'tranceheads' still long for their favorite beats and will take any opportunity they can get and gobble it up when it's presented to them.