Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubs on L.I.

They played more house when i went. And dont forget that not everyone is that into house, theres only so much I can take of it. They played a good mix of everything. And dont say it would ruin most peoples night, cause theres plenty of people I know who cant stand house.

I completely agree with you. What's funny is that in the end, places like Ice and Mirage are the ones that will make it because of the diversity. People that like clubbing to all types of music (there are usually more of these types of people) go to theses places, drink, and rarely go on mesage boards "bashing" house clubs/nights. They just make a fun night for people. Plain and simple. House heads seem to be angry that LI doesn't have enough (or all) nights designated to one type of music. I can't imagine having all places on this great Island being the same music.

They played more house when i went. And dont forget that not everyone is that into house, theres only so much I can take of it. They played a good mix of everything. And dont say it would ruin most peoples night, cause theres plenty of people I know who cant stand house.

I completely agree with you. What's funny is that in the end, places like Ice and Mirage are the ones that will make it because of the diversity. People that like clubbing to all types of music (there are usually more of these types of people) go to theses places, drink, and rarely go on mesage boards "bashing" house clubs/nights. They just make a fun night for people. Plain and simple. House heads seem to be angry that LI doesn't have enough (or all) nights designated to one type of music. I can't imagine having all places on this great Island being the same music.

i usually go into the city to party, but i keep hearing about Nation all night house music! what is the deal? and how is the crowd, is it all juice heads and wannabees or is it a crowd where people love the music and love to dance and how packed does it get because i heard nothing but good replys so far! hope some one can answer!

danceing till the sun comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i usually go into the city to party, but i keep hearing about Nation all night house music! what is the deal? and how is the crowd, is it all juice heads and wannabees or is it a crowd where people love the music and love to dance and how packed does it get because i heard nothing but good replys so far! hope some one can answer!

danceing till the sun comes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Straight up house music crowd; no wannabees. The party is the best on the Island, hands down, with talent that rivals much of the talent in the city at this moment. Place draws a nice, intimate crowd, and the party usually lasts until 5:30 or so. The crew throwing the party is also one of the most respectful and hospitable.

21+

strictly house

No dress code

Email Matt at SanctuaryLI@yahoo.com for guestlist info

My sig explains the events coming up this Friday, and for you old school house heads who live on Long Island, it will be a real treat - LI's own veteran djs Razor & Rob James going head to head in an all out free for all.

Razor's reputation precedes him, and his solo work, as well as his work with his former studio partner, Guido, has included tracks / remixes like: "Do it Again," "The Buildup," "Follow Me," "Brain on X," "Did it again," "Don't look behind you," "Weep," "Muzik," and many many other hits that have defined the early clubbing experiences of many heads on this board. He's rocked the house at many spots throughout NY, like Vanderbilt, Juniorverse @ Twilo, Roxy, and Discotheque.

Rob's work includes tracks like "Amsterdam," remix of Trancesetter's "Roaches," "Dolphins," "I'm Rick James," and just recently, the remix of "Dirty House Beats" (which you'll most definitely hear this Friday!). He's held shit down as the resident dj at spots like Sound Factory Fridays (w/ Frankie Knuckles and many others), Freedom Afterhours (one of the last real afterhours parties on LI), Hefrons Aferhours, Amsterdam, and currently, Nation.

Both djs have rocked NY for years, so this should be a real treat.

no place on longisland is worth going to in my opinion. (except nation..havent been there...but from what i can tell...its pretty damn nice for a long island club...good talent..etc etc..but like i posted b4 somewhere else..i hope they can stay that way....cause sooner or later when it blows up up up...the guido crowd will enter and kill it.

and whatever u do..stay AWAY from bogarts and all those places..its not nightlife its just plain stupid.. its a bunch of stupid long island bars that try to act all cancun-ish with wet t-shirt contests..girls dancing on bars...yada yada..if u dig the shallow slutty..stupid spoiled brat long island college crowd(with their horribly bad wanna-b "fast and furious" peice of shit badely hooked up cars).....then go..but otherwise..i wouldnt..but like i say in most my posts. this is MY opinion..and im simply stating it and not forcing it down anyones throat..if u dig that stuff..then by all means..go have fun.."whatever tickles your pickle".

BOTTOM LINE (IMO):

LONG ISLAND IS INFAMOUS FO TAKING POPULAR CULTURE AND RUINING IT. ITS THE MTV OF GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION..IT MAKES EVREYTHING SO CHEESY...THEY ALL TRY TO ACT HARD EVEN THOUGH THERE ISNT A GHETTO BONE IN THEIR BODY...THEY COPY EVERYTHING "FROM THE CITY"..AND THEY JUST SWALLOW UP ANY LIFESTYLE AND RUIN IT..FROM NIGHTLIFE..TO THE IMPORT CAR INDUSTRY..TO EVEN JUST GROWING UP IN QUEENS..(EVERY LI KID TRIES TO ACT LIKE HE/SHE KNOWS THE ROPES IN QUEENS..LIKE ITS SOOOO KOOL..WHEN 95% OF US JUST LIVE THERE AND ITS NOTHING MORE BUT OUR HOMETOWN THAT WE LOVE!.. grr dont get me started..lol.

^Correction:^ not al..li has ALOT of super chill people...but its definitly not as big as the other population which was listed above. Or maybe im just basing this off my one year experience at a highschool on longisland...because let me tell u..it was a major culture shock...1 min your in queens..being with people who are just themselves..living life..next min your in a bad scene from the movie clueless...loll

no place on longisland is worth going to in my opinion. (except nation..havent been there...but from what i can tell...its pretty damn nice for a long island club...good talent..etc etc..but like i posted b4 somewhere else..i hope they can stay that way....cause sooner or later when it blows up up up...the guido crowd will enter and kill it.

and whatever u do..stay AWAY from bogarts and all those places..its not nightlife its just plain stupid.. its a bunch of stupid long island bars that try to act all cancun-ish with wet t-shirt contests..girls dancing on bars...yada yada..if u dig the shallow slutty..stupid spoiled brat long island college crowd(with their horribly bad wanna-b "fast and furious" peice of shit badely hooked up cars).....then go..but otherwise..i wouldnt..but like i say in most my posts. this is MY opinion..and im simply stating it and not forcing it down anyones throat..if u dig that stuff..then by all means..go have fun.."whatever tickles your pickle".

BOTTOM LINE (IMO):

LONG ISLAND IS INFAMOUS FO TAKING POPULAR CULTURE AND RUINING IT. ITS THE MTV OF GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION..IT MAKES EVREYTHING SO CHEESY...THEY ALL TRY TO ACT HARD EVEN THOUGH THERE ISNT A GHETTO BONE IN THEIR BODY...THEY COPY EVERYTHING "FROM THE CITY"..AND THEY JUST SWALLOW UP ANY LIFESTYLE AND RUIN IT..FROM NIGHTLIFE..TO THE IMPORT CAR INDUSTRY..TO EVEN JUST GROWING UP IN QUEENS..(EVERY LI KID TRIES TO ACT LIKE HE/SHE KNOWS THE ROPES IN QUEENS..LIKE ITS SOOOO KOOL..WHEN 95% OF US JUST LIVE THERE AND ITS NOTHING MORE BUT OUR HOMETOWN THAT WE LOVE!.. grr dont get me started..lol.

^Correction:^ not al..li has ALOT of super chill people...but its definitly not as big as the other population which was listed above. Or maybe im just basing this off my one year experience at a highschool on longisland...because let me tell u..it was a major culture shock...1 min your in queens..being with people who are just themselves..living life..next min your in a bad scene from the movie clueless...loll

Long Island, like Manhattan, has its mainstream popular nightlife culture, and it also has its more hidden, underground, intimate nightlife culture (which is much more rare here than it is in NYC). You can always find the latter as long as you stay in touch with the right people and the right music.

Fuck everything else, and come to Nation. This Friday will not be a dissapointment. Other parties serve their limited purposes, but if you want to shade out into a darker vibe, and escape the usual LI vibe & music, Nation is the perfect spot.

Li only sux because of the people on it dont support it! They all go to the city....

Nation has right idea, whether there is enough people on the island to support it is another...

I agree. There are those who complain endlessly while quality parties are going on right under their noses; they just never really bother to look into them or do their homework beyond what's advertised or spoken of.

Then there are those who criticize the few quality parties on the Island as being nothing more half-assed attempts that will never go anywhere. In my opinion, people like that don't even deserve the right to bitch, because while they're bitching, there are people out there trying to add to LI's scene.

You can either complain and make general, stereotypical comments about Long Island, or you can help in whatever little way you can to add to the scene and change it in little ways by showing support for quality parties. There used to be people all over clubnyc back in the day who criticized the shit out of LI as if it were some desolate shit hole with no parties. Meanwhile, during that time, Long Island had some of the nastiest afterhours venues that rivaled - and were, in many cases, much better than - some of the most infamous NYC nightclubs/parties, including the Tunnel.

Whether the scene in Long Island can ever be revived to what it was remains to be seen, but Long Island's not-so-distant nightlife history has has certainly proven that LI is capable of holding shit down musically, and having quality parties.

i stated my OPINION above. Just like i said, I base them from MY experience. Others may differ in opinion. Very simple statement.

I don't know that anyone's debating your opinion, specifically, or undermining its simplicity in any way. I think the majority of heads on LI all concur that the EDM scene out here has been stagnant for quite some time.

However, there have been many strides to move beyond and rise above the current state of LI nightlife, more recently within the last year, and my opinion (and the opinions of many others) have simply been in support of making such strides.

and i am 100% with you. And as for my previous post, i was just making it clear, because your response seemed as if it was targeted at my original statement. Either way, Im glad LI is making progress. With nightclubs like ZACHARY'S , MIRAGE, ETC ETC or whatever....it seemed very unlikely that i or any other true music fans would attend those venues. (understandably so ,no?)it kinda seemed like the only direction it was going into was the KTU direction.