Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why Miami can NEVER parallel NYC nightlife...

philippio

Hey Eric, aren't you one of the ones who has always advocated undiscovered talent with an open mind? Do you not care anymore? Are you just gonna let them win??? I know you don't do it for the money! :(

you can't force people to open their minds if they don't want to...

you can't force people to open their minds if they don't want to...

Open your minds to what?

Tell me what is SO F&%^*ING AWESOME out that that we need to have these discussions all the time...

the elite, the flock, the massess

vs.

??????????? what????????????

I'm really curious

Open your minds to what?

Tell me what is SO F&%^*ING AWESOME out that that we need to have these discussions all the time...

vs.

I'm really curious

It's not something versus something else... it's about being open to new ideas: skip Space one saturday and see what else is out there! You might actually enjoy it! Be daring... go listen to a dj you've never heard before even if they're not on the "A" list. Look for the less obvious parties. Venture a bit north, even, and head out to Sonar, Delux, Resort, Ninety 9, etc... The next time you see a CPer post that they're playing somewhere, go check it out. At the very least, you'll meet new people and the dj will thank you for the support. I think that spontaneity and an adventurous attitude are mainly what Miami clubbers lack when compared to New Yorkers.

don't worry about it bro' I'm not preaching to you or anybody, or trying to judge or classify different people according to their taste, I was just explaining to Philip why I think it's kind of pointless to keep arguing about it, but anyway it's his time, he can spend it however he wants :)

Open your minds to what?

vs.

I'm really curious

It's not something versus something else... it's about being open to new ideas: skip Space one saturday and see what else is out there! You might actually enjoy it! Be daring... go listen to a dj you've never heard before even if they're not on the "A" list. Look for the less obvious parties. Venture a bit north, even, and head out to Sonar, Delux, Resort, Ninety 9, etc... The next time you see a CPer post that they're playing somewhere, go check it out. At the very least, you'll meet new people and the dj will thank you for the support. I think that spontaneity and an adventurous attitude are mainly what Miami clubbers lack when compared to New Yorkers.

trust me bro...I know...I've been doing this since 1993...every which way you turn it...trance, house, d'n'b, techno, ambient, gabba...done it all....DJ'd since 1994 (though not anymore)....clubbing in LA, NY, Orlando, Spain, Sweden, Ireland...

somehow I just find the music, energy and people in Miami is where it's at for me atm...so if you start a thread like this...I'm on it!

(and I don't even go to Space fanatically, just that I think that they bring something extraordinary to Miami's scene...if it weren't for them half the DJs on their roster would never make it over here)

clubbing is a business .. it really comes down to that .. you need to be able to pay your bills and you need to be able to keep able to have your club open. I love underground music I really do, but unfortunately the masses don't care/don't know .. and I'm not one to push it down upon anyone .. I've been called an elitist before and frankly I don't care .. I listen to what I like and I know people out there are good at what they do. I'm really happy we have a place like Space. They bring in a consistent amount of dj's that pretty much satisfies most of the public. They are able to do this with consistent marketing and a pretty loyal fanbase. When Nocturnal opens we'll have yet another player in the mix. Someone to bring a different flavor that some people may have been wanting, but no one was willing to cater. Personally I would love to do something again weekly, but I have to find a venue a night and something that people would be willing to support. It's not about minimal or maximal or tech-house or progressive-breaks .. its about good music .. its about music that moves you. If Tiesto/Van Burren/PVD moves you then so be it, if its Carl Cox/Hawtin/Vath so be it, if its Oscar/DT/Lawler so be it, if its Sasha/Digweed/Sander than go out and fuckin enjoy yourselves cause thats what we should be doing not bitching about why Miami can never be NY. We are different cities with different people with one thing in common a love for MUSIC.

bLiSS only admits beautiful bi women and attractive couples dressed in sexy theme and has new yorkers flying in every month in mass to attend!

Pictures tell the whole story:

Ha-ha-haaaa! Thank you Roxanna for bringing the answer home so clearly as to why Miami rules!

As far as the original statement goes, the reason that no nightlife will be able to equal NYC's is because no other American city is so insanely overpopulated as NYC. And this is a good thing??? As was stated earlier, even small scenes, that only a small percentage of people would support, can get enough patrons to make it viable in a city that is as large as NYC. The thing is, the percentage of people who support alternative music is probably about the same in either city, it's just that NYC has so many more, so that percantage comes out to a larger actual number. So, yeah, if you want to put up with all of the issues that overpopulation brings, then you can indeed enjoy a wider variety of music. It is just up to the individual to decide if the trade off is worth it. Different strokes and all.

nightlife in nyc is at an all time low in my opinion. there are the shi shi parties that im sure are slammin but those parties are never about the music. they bore me to death. nowadays just gotta choose my battles. most of the time i have to travel to hear djs that im interested in hearing because no one in nyc would book them...and even if they did, there would be less than 100 heads there and promoters, club owners, and bar managers will obviously lose money.

u can't smoke here, u can't dance unless u have a cabaret license, u can't drink past 4 am, some clubs prohibit u from chewing gum, no text msging (be yourself at arc), and the list goes on... fuck that, i rather just fly to london or frankfurt and get my groove on for a weekend and come back all fixed up.

u know what's funny people in new york are always talkin shit about miami(how much better everything is there muscially or whatever) what they dont understand is that people here really dont care at all about anything that is going on in NY good or bad u can keep it all.

u know what's funny people in new york are always talkin shit about miami(how much better everything is there muscially or whatever) what they dont understand is that people here really dont care at all about anything that is going on in NY good or bad u can keep it all.

no it's not the NY peeps that talk shit about Miami, it's the wanna-be NY peeps that talks shit about Miami

NY ppl love Miami, that's a fact

And Chicago is Chicago

10.1: Osunlade @ Sonotheque

10.1: Seb Fontaine @ Soundbar

12.11: Colette, Gene Farris @ Smartbar

12.24: Lee Burridge @ Soundbar

Thanks for that list..I'm working in Chicago every week until about March '05...gonna have to stay back a weekend or two to check things out

The geographic coordinates of New York City are 40° N, 74° W, meaning that it is located 40 degrees north latitude and 74 degrees west longitude.

Miami is nearly 25 degrees north of the equator, meaning its approximate latitude is 25 north.

I knew it, New York's and Miami's nightlife could never be paralleled...geographicly, it's impossible.

:pint: