Clubplanet Nightlife Community

God, if i see ONE MORE yellow Lance Armstrong band...

georgym

Everyone and their mother is going out to get this.

I understand it's for a good cause, but is it just me or are people just buying them "to be hip" :yuck:

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for donating money. Instead of selling my car, i donated it to cancer research (which should be worth 1,750 of those yellow bands :rolleyes: -), and will get a tax rebate

MONDAY VENTING :frust:

yes, you 2 make a good point.

At least it;s not those snap bracelets that were in over 10 years ago that had no meaning.

but still, i hope that people buy it with the intention of helping cancer and not just "to fit in".

ps, it should cost more than $1.

you know...next time i see a younger person helping an old lady cross the street, i'm gonna slap him in the face...

it just annoys me that he is doing it because "its right"...

don't even TRY to compare the 2

Tell me what's harder, going up to a complete stranger and asking them if they need help, or going online and completing a $1 order for a bracelet :rolleyes:

I just think that they could have made it a more engaging thing with the bracelets, i.e. send you information on the latest cancer stories, successes, opportunities to donate more, etc....

...yea but at least they can use the fact that people are jumping on the bandwagon and take the money for a good cause....i'd rather see a yellow bracelet than any other stupid trend....

such as becoming a lesbian and protesting your hatred of bush at union square while wearing your che shirt...something im sure that you do every day...

Relax, its a wristband

AND its for a really good cause

They stopped making them BTW

And I believe they raised about $8 Mill for cancer...

ps..Live Strong..RIP :(

Well, being that my father, grandfather, grandmother, best friends dad, close friend (when i was 12) , and .... well, i can go on, have ALL passed away due to cancer, I think i have a vested interest in this cause

(not saying YOU ladyshady said i don't, but im just saying)

It's a nice idea. I just hope people do it for the right reasons, not for "just cuz everyone else is doing it" reasons.

Relax, its a wristband

AND its for a really good cause

They stopped making them BTW

And I believe they raised about $8 Mill for cancer...

ps..Live Strong..RIP :(

lance armstrong said on the today show that:

they raised 15 million....there is a high demand.....a back order for them, and more is on the way.

point is...they never thought they would get the response they got. they raised a huge amount of money for a good cause in a short amount of time......and it annoys gmccookny...

edit:

Majinbou... you are seriously a prime example of someone who's THICK-headed.

Just like in the sex board where that guy "jaleousy" SAID he doesn't speak english well, yet you make fun of him... What i was saying on this thread is that I just hope people are doing it out of the kindness of their heart and not just another "hip" thing to do, like wearing Che shirts.

Im not going to discuss this anymore, except to say yes, it's a nice thing to do, but there's still SO MUCH MORE everyone can do to join in the fight against cancer, and this "yellow bracelet" hopefully is just the start.

When people start going out of their way, rather than foundations and corporations catering to our needs, is when generosity and good deeds will thrive~

...yea but at least they can use the fact that people are jumping on the bandwagon and take the money for a good cause....i'd rather see a yellow bracelet than any other stupid trend....

:werd:

if your complaining about the lil yellow bracelets and wat they stand for, you have issues

hmm, ill take these yellow thingies over all the "Believe" sticker i see plastered all over Baltimore :yuck:

first time i saw it was when i went to pay for my parking at an automated parking garage...put in my ticket and it just flashed in bright white letters and black background "BELIEVE"...i was scurrrred. Believe what??!!!?? :cry:

im not complaining about them per se.... just about the intent why people would buy them, which is a completely different topic nonetheless.

i see your point.

i also think its great marketing to feed off of people's superficial nature and vanity :)

who cares what the fuck people buy it for? if they wanna buy it..let them live....

i hate it when women wear those fucking retarded shawls with all the holes in them....point is to keep you warm right? why the FUCK you buying something with holes in it then? but u dont hear me complaining about it....like i said...LET THEM LIVE