Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Rebound

guest00901

So..after a few months my girl and I decide to call it quits

because I am moving and she can't deal with not living 5 minutes away from me (( fuckin idiot ))

ANYWAY! So I met a girl a few weeks ago that my friend introduced me to and we are going out tonight....we have been talking every day on the phone and she seems so freaking cool

But last night she makes a comment that she's my "Rebound" and she know's nothing will most likely come out of this because she is.

For some reason I don't look at anyone as a "rebound" but why do people think like that? I told her that my X and I are whatever and she's immature and I def wouldn't get back with her...but I'm really liking what this chick is all about.

How do I get her to not think she's a rebound?

Guest gabo

because I am moving and she can't deal with not living 5 minutes away from me (( fuckin idiot ))

ANYWAY! So I met a girl a few weeks ago that my friend introduced me to and we are going out tonight....we have been talking every day on the phone and she seems so freaking cool

But last night she makes a comment that she's my "Rebound" and she know's nothing will most likely come out of this because she is.

For some reason I don't look at anyone as a "rebound" but why do people think like that? I told her that my X and I are whatever and she's immature and I def wouldn't get back with her...but I'm really liking what this chick is all about.

Ill be ur rebound

Ahhh, she is scared you are going to use her for sex and then dump her.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Didn't you have a boyfriend like three months ago?? Im confused......doesn't seem like many of your relationships last very long.

I believe that you should explain to her that people all go through experiences on there own. Maybe she has experienced that it takes a long time to heal and get over past relationships/flings. It all depends on the depth of feelings and at what point you were in the relationship. Were you ready to end it? How did it end? These are all details that only you know. I think you need to convey to her that you each have had your own experiences and that feelings and being genuine come when they do, there is no time table set on those types of things. And that you hope she can understand that you go with what your mind and heart tell you when they tell you. If she doesn't think so, then all you need to do is be yourself and through your actions you will prove that her statement is wrong. Hope this helps...

girl u know i love u --- but im curious cuz knowing what i know about u and knowing that u move through relationships fairly quickly, i think most of ur relationships start off as rebounds because u dont seem to ever give urself time between them to get over the relationship u just got out of... every time i hear about a new relationship of urs its right after one that just ended and u seem to fall so deeply into every relationship ur in. if u always insist that u feel so strongly about every person ur with, every relationship after that will be a rebound b/c how is it possible to feel as strongly about the new person as u did about the person u just broke up with? although thats what seems to happen in ur case....

idk if any of this is making sense but my advice to u is-- take a break! u definitely like being in relationships but ur always gonna run into this problem if u dont give urself more time to regroup and fully rid urself of the previous relationship.

:aright::kiss2: