Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NATION this past Friday (10/8)

This past Friday at Nation was an incredible night. I can't even begin to describe how much of a treat it was for me to hear two of my favorite djs truly enjoying themselves in the booth, doing what they love first and foremost.

Razor, you were nasty beyond belief, and you are so brilliant in the dj booth, it's not even funny. You're one of the most technically gifted, diverse djs I've ever heard spin. Some of the vocals you dropped were just the perfect mix between passionate and wicked. Overall, flawless track selection and mixing.

Rob, you stepped into that booth and made us feel your presence, plain and simple. Some of the beats you dropped were so fuckin dirty, I couldn't even dance to them; I just stood there and listened. You dropped the heaviest, dirtiest, most intimidating beats throughout the night. Ever since I first started listening to you spin at Freedom, I've always loved the way you spin as if you're letting some animosity out on the tables - as if you are challenging anyone to contest you in that booth. I have yet to hear a dj who can drop the quality of beats that you do, and in my opinion, regardless of what anyone thinks, there aren't many djs who can fuck with you when you're in the booth. You take your love for house music very seriously, and that shit always comes across in every one of your sets, in every single song you drop. Also, thanks for dropping "Roaches" near the end of the night - it was a real treat to hear that right before I broke out.

I feel privileged to have been present at such a great, intimate night at Nation, where the small crowd had two remarkable talents all to themselves for the night, without any of the unneeded bullshit to spoil the event. The night was incredible, and lasted until about 6 a.m. At no point during that time did the beats ever cease from being anything but wicked.

Jesse, Matt, Deniz, and the rest of the Nation squad - thanks for the continuous hospitality and endless efforts to bring these quality nights back to Long Island. You guys continue to make genuine attempts every single week, despite how dismal things may seem at times - that, in itself, is truly selfless, highly admirable, and worthy of respect.

And thanks to both of our house music veterans for a simply perfect show.

Next week, Dj Mike Whitmore will be stopping in to mix things up nicely.

Def. had a great time again.

Listen..it wasnt packed out but damn man...did the Music and crowd in there make up for that or what?!?!?!?!?!

Havent missed a party yet.

I hate having work saturdays...cant stay past 3-3:30. Starts getting good around 1am as it is.

Gonna try to take off some saturdays real soon!

I have to say that this party is truly BANGIN'. As many of you know I have done several successful weeklies in the past and have great experiences from them. Nation is an awesome weekly, these guys are on to something big and I am happy to have them host this party at my club. You owe it to yourselves to check out Nation every Friday night @2686 Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown (516) 520-1332

This Week Will Be

Crobar Resident Mike Whitmore With an opening set by Ryan Nagle. Ryan is one of those DJ's with a ton of talent but just needs the platform to showcase his talent! I hope everyone comes early this week to check out Ryan's set! He plays alot of big room drums and progressive.

Playing October 22nd will be 3 Good Friends of mine!

Headlining will be Neptune Beach Club & Brazil Residents Theo & Mimic!

Both DJ's can take you all over the EDM spectrum. Be prepared for what both of them have instore!

Opening that night will be one of my best friends and one of THE BEST DJ's YOU HAVE NEVER HEARED BEFORE!!! Eric Crechenzo! Eric & I have been spinning together as a Tag Team for almost 3 Years now and this will the first time we are not spinning a night together. Eric can mix anything together and make it sound good he will set the night up perfect for Mimic & Theo.

If anyone wants to drop off a mix CD or wants to help promote this party ask for me @ the door on Friday Night!

This Week Will Be

Crobar Resident Mike Whitmore With an opening set by Ryan Nagle. Ryan is one of those DJ's with a ton of talent but just needs the platform to showcase his talent! I hope everyone comes early this week to check out Ryan's set! He plays alot of big room drums and progressive.

Playing October 22nd will be 3 Good Friends of mine!

Headlining will be Neptune Beach Club & Brazil Residents Theo & Mimic!

Both DJ's can take you all over the EDM spectrum. Be prepared for what both of them have instore!

Opening that night will be one of my best friends and one of THE BEST DJ's YOU HAVE NEVER HEARED BEFORE!!! Eric Crechenzo! Eric & I have been spinning together as a Tag Team for almost 3 Years now and this will the first time we are not spinning a night together. Eric can mix anything together and make it sound good he will set the night up perfect for Mimic & Theo.

If anyone wants to drop off a mix CD or wants to help promote this party ask for me @ the door on Friday Night!

Mike Whitmore should bring some good flavor to Nation. I like the experimenting with different NY talents, especially good ones. We have so many different talents in NY to choose from, so might as well bring them in and give them a forum to show their talents. I've heard Mike lay some shit down before on 2 separate occasions, and he's extremely talented and underrated.

Being underated sux,lol.I get that alot from people..."Hey Rob I think you are one of the most underated...blah blah...."...lol..So many dj's and so few rooms I guess.Sux to be in NY with so many talented DJ's and not as many places to build your reputation any more.

Tekno, I'll be the dark-skinned, bald-headed, goatee wearing guy in the grey long sleeved dress shirt and black slacks.

If you don't see me inside, I'll be outside with Matt at some point. We've all been chilling at the same party since it started, so we might as well introduce ourselves formally, lol.

See you guys tonight.