Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC 2005 (March 2-6??)

mjpeter4

definitely not correct... they tried the wed-sat format two yrs ago and it was a nightmare wmc... rumor is march 5-9th (sat -wed) or the following week... they will definitely not do wed to sat again as that killed the vibe and attendance two yrs ago...

definitely not correct... they tried the wed-sat format two yrs ago and it was a nightmare wmc... rumor is march 5-9th (sat -wed) or the following week... they will definitely not do wed to sat again as that killed the vibe and attendance two yrs ago...

Jon, Jon, Jon....You know I love ya but....ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND????

The Conference is much better on the Tuesday to Saturday shcedule. With the Sat - Wed schedule everything winds down by Monday. The Mon - Tues - Wed events are weak.

With the schedule being Tues - Sat everything builds toward the weekend and all the parties are better.

PS - My inside info says they are doing the Tues - Sat schedule.

The Conference is much better on the Tuesday to Saturday shcedule. With the Sat - Wed schedule everything winds down by Monday. The Mon - Tues - Wed events are weak.

With the schedule being Tues - Sat everything builds toward the weekend and all the parties are better.

That is awesome.

Yeah, Sat to Wed was a real downer..people are so done after the weekend anyway...

Start the lounge parties early in the week and ramp up from there

tues - sat works well .. only 4 days needed off of work versus the entire week and then some .. ill take 5 days anyway but some people may not have that luxury.

Well said SEñOR RAY!

I do not have the luxury to take 5 days off @ WMC and give up my personal

'meaning' holidays (wed anniversary, thanksgiving, X-mas, new year's eve)

Luckily my boss KNOWS I'm into the scene and she lets me have 3-4 days

into the WMC. That is why I rather have a buildup to the weekend when I

can get more bang for my buck - ie: Ultra @ $55 discounted tix for a

SELECTION of DJ's to MY choice, and before that, bangin' parties like

Wetgrooves @ The Shelbourne, Bedrock, Marine Parade or something alike....

:idea:

But that's just ME!!!

verycool.gif

LOL - either way works for me to be honest... I had just heard from someone in the wmc office that they weren't swaying from the format (days) of last yr but who knows. I definitely agree that by weeks end with the format from the past everyone is just beat and the party suffers but then again two yrs ago when they did the wmc on the wed-sat format I know attendance, especially the european people was down significantly. Who knows when the real dates are... we could all sit here and speculate till we're blue in the face but nobobdy will know for sure until they are announced officially and for some reason these guys at wmc always wait until the last minute... lets just hope this yr they are smart enough to scheduale it not during spring break or not during the food and wine convention like they've done in the past. We need wmc on a week when the city would not be full on its own with other events and confrences.... guess we'll see - hey dade, You and I do need to catch up on a few things.. give me a ring when you get some time..

J