Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pedro Martinez... 10/14/04

captainpec

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spragga, I think it was you who mentioned "the proof is in the pudding," although I'm not sure, but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Anyway, you should look at Pedro's stats, man. His stats are pretty fucking impressive, albeit, not that great against the Yanks, but so what? How does that make him overrated? Every great pitcher/hitter has at least one team/opponent that he has trouble against. I fucking hate the Red Sox so if there was even a hint of him being overrated I'd be the first one to say it. But, he's definitely not. And he won't be a Yankee. Then again, I said the same thing about Wade Boggs.

The difference between Clemens and Pedro is that the Rocket spent a couple of seasons in Toronto before the Yanks got him. So the hate/intensity had died down.

spragga, I think it was you who mentioned "the proof is in the pudding," although I'm not sure, but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Anyway, you should look at Pedro's stats, man. His stats are pretty fucking impressive, albeit, not that great against the Yanks, but so what? How does that make him overrated? Every great pitcher/hitter has at least one team/opponent that he has trouble against. I fucking hate the Red Sox so if there was even a hint of him being overrated I'd be the first one to say it. But, he's definitely not. And he won't be a Yankee. Then again, I said the same thing about Wade Boggs.

The difference between Clemens and Pedro is that the Rocket spent a couple of seasons in Toronto before the Yanks got him. So the hate/intensity had died down.

Clemens didnt sign, he was traded....he never signed a contract to be a Yankee

Boggs, on the other hand, signed as a free agent

Thats why Clemens is still loved and respected to Red Sox fans and Boggs is a Benedict Arnold

dude....so was Pedro

thats why I'm making the comparison

HOLLY FUCKEN SHIT - I am retarded... I replied "Mariano" instead of "Marino"... Marino was great and yes, he never won it all; however, he never had a complete cast in my opinion. Give him a good running back and he could have done it (in my opinion).

Pedro has had run support and could have won it last year, but was selfish and played with his emotions wanting to shut the Yankees down purposely. He didn't do it and for that we mock (and thank) him. On the otherhand, Marino talking his team (many a times) down 14 points in the 4th quarter for a comeback win... that's clutch. His comeback wins killed my Jets many a time.

Johnson/Schilling good

schilling good?

schillings numbers are 1-1 with a 4 something era against the yanks in the playoffs in 4 games

pedro is 1-2 with a 3 something era in 4 games

If johnson was not on the d-backs curt does not win a ring, if schilling was not on the d-backs johnson does not win.

So once again you show that you are really just against pedro.

schilling good?

schillings numbers are 1-1 with a 4 something era against the yanks in the playoffs in 4 games

pedro is 1-2 with a 3 something era in 4 games

If johnson was not on the d-backs curt does not win a ring, if schilling was not on the d-backs johnson does not win.

So once again you show that you are really just against pedro.

3 something????? Link me with facts