Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Junior quits Discotheque....

this is the official word from Juniors manager.i personally think this was a great move dicsotheque just doesnt have the right vibe or the right space for Juniors events.im sure they got something planned up there sleeve they always do lol.

For immediate release

JVM's Jerome Farley announces today that Junior Vasquez has officially resigned from his weekly residency at Discotheque and will play only at special events on a bi-monthly schedule at THREE New York City megaclubs! ARENA CLASSICS scheduled to take place this Friday 10/22/04 have been postponed until further notice, and MASQUERADE on Friday 10/29/04 has been canceled.

JVM will confirm venues and dates for ARENA CLASSICS, 10,000 QUEENS UNDER THE SEA, THE RED PARTY and other special events by the end of October on www.******************.com. JUNYEAR’S EVE at ROXY 12/31/04 has been confirmed, and Junior will be joined by American Idol Superstar TAMYRA GRAY at his 18 hour dance event. Additionally, Junior is confirmed to perform on Saturday 12/11/04 at the AIDS Dance-a-Thon at the Jacob Javits Center, and at a benefit event for GLAAD on Sunday 11/7/04.

JUNIOR WILL ALSO BE APPEARING OUT OF TOWN AT:

Miami - White Party (venue tba)

Las Vegas - Jeffrey Sanker’s Krave (10/23, 2/19)

Philadelphia - Pure (11/13) Blue Ball (Closing Party)

Palm Springs – Jeffrey Sanker’s White Party (Saturday After-hours Party)

Osaka (12/3) & Tokyo (12/4)

DON'T FORGET! You can still listen to Junior spin each and every Friday night btwn 12-2AM in your living room, car, friends apartment or wherever you may be ... JR's WORLD on KTU 103.5FM!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohh whatever baldy go drink some more juice maybe your hair will grow.morons like u make me laugh when u say jrs done all the more reason to stick it to u when u find out hes not!!!!!! how many times can u people say junior is done?dont u ever learn your lesson?....guess not :vomit2:

ohh whatever baldy go drink some more juice maybe your hair will grow.morons like u make me laugh when u say jrs done all the more reason to stick it to u when u find out hes not!!!!!! how many times can u people say junior is done?dont u ever learn your lesson?....guess not :vomit2:

what has he done lately????? he played sf to 200 people a night, exit to 300 people. should i go on?????

no actually fucktard if you have even been to see junior lately you would have seen at 55 he looks damn good and is in excellant shape thanx to the 19th st gym.the only overdosing is this lame sucker punch jabs at junior.and by the looks of it with 13,000 posts youve done a little overdosing yourself :spam:

yes please go on soo u can make yourself look more like a fool than u already are...i dont know where these kids get there news from.get a clue 1st than maybe youll have a chance otherwise shut the fuck up dumbo... :bounce:

the last good days of jr were @ twilo. you can say whatever u want, you may blow him i don't know??? WHO CARES!

i did enjoy jr a long time ago & wish he would just retire because his time has come & gone! sorry if the truth hurts, but its still the truth!

fyi jnr is one of the greatest djs in history.

arguably the greatest nyc or usa dj ever.

and he still is fantastic in 2004 as anyone who was at discotq & crobar & spirit this year knows

junior will be back at roxy, spirit & crobar & if you have taste & energy youll be there.

end transmision

what has he done lately????? he played sf to 200 people a night, exit to 300 people. should i go on?????

Junior and discotech just never amounted to anything. Anyone who has heard him at spirt the last 2 times he played there knows he is still as good as twilo days.

Junior is a living legend. His popularity has decreased but i still think the man is one of the best djs in NY. Whoever says JR is done is probably a JP or Boris fan that goes to these events to buy tables and be a big shot....you might very well be a big shot. And you did say some truth SF did do 200 ppl. It was a very bad move on thier behalf. But thats not JR's fault. JR plays the way JR plays. Everyone knows that. JR is still better than JP and Boris In my eyes. JR makes you move Boris is boring. JP is well hes JP....He is old though but i still stick it out with this guy. He is a pioneer along with DT. People are still saying DT is done DT is done. You guys must be fuckin crazy!

I dont know about that one but thats your opinion. If your looking for a good gay party Peter R. or Abel at Alegria but JR is better than most on any given night. He is surely better than JP and Boris for most of the nights. He is a legend but his legendary status has been dwindling. Ill still love his productions and his work. Man is a genuis but i tend to listen to more up and coming djs. Hope JR continues to do his thing.

"On a bad night" Junior is better than every other DJ I can think of on there good night...We unfortunately tend to expect the best from him ALWAYS...but personally I'd rather hear him over just about everyone else..and everyone else are my friends!

I tend to agree with this guy, the last time I saw Junior was at Sand Bar in Jersey (OK, its Jersey, I know), and he was pretty bad. There are still plenty of old'schoolers that kick ass (like Carl Cox) so its not his age. His energy level just seems non-existent.......

I tend to agree with this guy, the last time I saw Junior was at Sand Bar in Jersey (OK, its Jersey, I know), and he was pretty bad. There are still plenty of old'schoolers that kick ass (like Carl Cox) so its not his age. His energy level just seems non-existent.......
a sand bar in jersey and tell me child when was this?

sooo its been a whole year since u have gone to dance to a jr set but u say that his energy level instant ehat it used to be?well maybe if you went more often u would see yes jr has his bad nights like any other dj does but when he is on point there aint nothing betta and i dont care who you are how long you been around what djs you have heard live cuz u know what ...I GIVe A POOPIE.Mr Vasquez is and always will be a legend .you think house music would be where it is today without him?it wouldnt.can u say that about any other dj?i dont think sooooo.nuff said :ghey:

sooo its been a whole year since u have gone to dance to a jr set but u say that his energy level instant ehat it used to be?well maybe if you went more often u would see yes jr has his bad nights like any other dj does but when he is on point there aint nothing betta and i dont care who you are how long you been around what djs you have heard live cuz u know what ...I GIVe A POOPIE.Mr Vasquez is and always will be a legend .you think house music would be where it is today without him?it wouldnt.can u say that about any other dj?i dont think sooooo.nuff said :ghey:

What can I tell you Starscream, I havent gone to see him again because his shit was weak....only joking, I know Jrs legendary status, I am just a bitter bitch that misses Twilo.......

-Megatron