Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone got any good cd reccomendations

msoprano

holy shit, E RAZOR .I was about to mention a cd that i downloaded, but then i saw your post... the cover art of this cd is EXACTLY the same with your avatar...its taxed from american psycho.Thats too weird. n e awyz Its not like what soprano asked for but its really different, its trance (but a little on the harder side from the melodic stuff he plays(skoof)(never heard of mavz though)

but its different....not for everyone but worth checking out i guess(sounds good on a nice car stereo):

EDIT: here, i found the picture of the cover.

SkoofandMavzPsychotitle.jpg

Check out this list! Includes so many of the rare mixes only previously available on the 12"'s!!! Also I included a little info written about this comp below.. wink.gif

DISC ONE

1. Never Let Me Down Again - (split mix)

2. Policy Of Truth - (capitol mix)

3. Shout - (rio mix)

4. Home - (Air "Around The Golf" remix)

5. Strangelove - (blind mix)

6. Rush - (spiritual guidance mix)

7. I Feel You - (Renegade Soundwave Afghan Surgery mix)

8. In Your Room - (The Jeep Rock mix)

9. Dream On - (Dave Clarke Acoustic Version)

10. It's No Good - (Speedy J mix)

11. Master And Servant - (An On-USound Science Fiction Dance Hall Classic)

12. Enjoy The Silence - (Timo Maas Extended Remix)

DISC 2

1. Personal Jesus - (pump mix)

2. World In My Eyes - (Mode To Joy)

3. Get The Balance Right - (combination mix)

4. Everything Counts - (absolut mix)

5. Breathing In Fumes

6. Painkiller - (Kill The Pain-DJ Shadow Vs. Depeche Mode)

7. Useless - (The Kruder + Dorfmeister Session)

8. Little 15 - (Ulrich Schnauss remix)

9. Nothing - (Headcleanr Rock mix)

10. Lie To Me - (LFO The Pleasure Of Her Private Shame remix)

11. Clean - (colder version)

12. Halo - (Goldfrapp remix)

13. Enjoy The Silence - (reinterpreted)

DISC 3

1. Question Of Lust, A - (remix)

2. Walking In My Shoes - (random carpet mix)

3. Are People People?

4. World In My Eyes - (Daniel Miller mix)

5. I Feel Loved - (Danny Tenaglia's Labour Of Love Dub Edit)

6. It's No Good - (Club 69 Future mix)

7. Photographic - (Rex The Dog Dubb mix)

8. Barrel Of A Gun - (Underworld Hard mix)

9. Route 66 - (Beatmasters mix)

10. Freelove - (DJ Muggs remix)

11. I Feel Loved - (Chamber's remix)

12. Just Can't Get Enough - (schizo mix)

DEPECHE MODE: THE EVOLUTION OF THE REMIX

The first single from Depeche Mode's upcoming best of remixes album, 'Depeche Mode Remixes 81-04', entitled 'Enjoy the Silence' is scheduled for release on 18th October with remixes by Linkin' Park member Mike Shinoda as well as Timo Maas and Ewan Pearson. The history of Depeche Mode, consisting of Dave Gahan, Andy Fletcher and Martin Gore, coincides with that of the remix as the band worked with currently respected remixers Francois K, William Orbit and Air early in their careers. According to Sideline, the idea of the remix, the idea of something that tampers with fixed states, one track minds and set grooves has been ever present in the travelling story of Depeche Mode. The whole concept of the 12'' single can be traced back to the early 1980's, which few people understood at the time. The 12'' was similar to a maxi single but like an album in terms of size and it included the original version of a single, a B-side track and another version of the single that was longer, harder, more instrumental and not as vocal. In this case, the song, say Sideline, had been extended, made over, made other. It was the remix. Depeche Mode are a pioneering synth pop band that moulded, crafted, remodelled and set the trend for the remix and dance music. If you monitor the sequence of remixes put out by the band since the beginning and then listen to their new remix compilation, you will witness the history of the remix - from the tentative primitive early days when a pop remix was often just a small re-emphasized extension to the original song, with perhaps a sketchy little deviant introduction to the late 20th century idea of the remix where a remixed song would often be a different piece of music, say Sideline. "Hear the avant garde become pop become disco become house become techno become sleaze become abstract become infinitely reversible." The remix compilation will see versions by Underworld, Goldfrapp, Air, Kruder and Dorfmeister, Francois K., Daniel Miller and Flood and will also include a bonus disc with rare cut mixes.

Depeche Mode Remixes 81-04 is out on 24th October on Mute Records. (09/28/04)