Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Way to go Boston Fans!! Winning with class

someclown

Thursday, October 21, 2004

ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- A college student died Thursday after suffering a head injury in a clash between police officers and a crowd of Red Sox fans who poured into the streets outside Fenway Park to celebrate their team's victory over the New York Yankees.

Victoria Snelgrove, a 21-year-old journalism major at Emerson College, was among 16 people hurt in the revelry. The injured also included a police officer.

Most of the injuries were minor, but Snelgrove suffered a severe head wound as police tried to subdue the crowd, authorities said.

Mayor Tom Menino told WBZ-AM that Snelgrove, of East Bridgewater, was struck by a "non-lethal weapon," but he did not elaborate. The Boston Globe reported that Snelgrove was hit by a "bean-bag" bullet. After Snelgrove was found lying outside Fenway Park bleeding from the head, the Globe reported she was taken to Brigham and Women's Hospital, which said she died at 12:50 p.m

David Procopio, a spokesman for the district attorney, said the office is investigating whether the student's injuries "were sustained in any way during crowd control measures."

Eight arrests were reported during the Boston celebration. The crowd set several small fires and numerous fights broke out, police said.

Elsewhere, 29 people were arrested at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst after revelers threw beer cans and flaming toilet paper at police. And at the university's Dartmouth campus, about 2,000 people had to be dispersed by police using stun grenades.

In New Hampshire, police made about 15 disorderly-conduct arrests as crowds swarmed the campus of Plymouth State University and surrounding neighborhoods.

In the Dominican Republic, six people were injured by stray bullets shot into the air by revelers during celebrations, police said Thursday.

The Red Sox's victory prompted raucous celebrations across the Dominican, home to Pedro Martinez and ALCS MVP David Ortiz. Shooting in the air is customary during sports celebrations in the Caribbean country.

A sleeping 13-year-old boy was shot in the leg when a bullet tore through the zinc roof of his home in the Dominican capital of Santo Domingo, police spokesman Gen. Simon Diaz said.

One other person was injured in Santo Domingo, as were two in the central city of Santiago and two in the southeastern coastal city of La Romana, Diaz said.

All six were in stable condition, Diaz said. There were no arrests.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

it's truly sad that the girl was hit in the eye resulting in her death. it was unintentional but it is sad that it even happened.

so are you saying the fact people went out into the streets to celebrate wasn't classy? they reported 8 arrests. all of the other ones were on college campuses. hrmmm, college students getting drunk and rowdy and acting like idiots. i have never heard of that ever happening before! if you didn't know this, the boston area has 60 colleges and universities. there are bound to be drunk idiots doing stupid things when celebrating with such a high concentration of colleges and students in one area.

The Red Sox's victory prompted raucous celebrations across the Dominican, home to Pedro Martinez and ALCS MVP David Ortiz. Shooting in the air is customary during sports celebrations in the Caribbean country.

so it's unclassy for Dominicans to do something that is customary? it's sad that people got hurt, but it's obviously a tradition in the DR.

you guys are seriously the ones without class trying to do whatever you can to bring down sox fans. get over it already.

it's truly sad that the girl was hit in the eye resulting in her death. it was unintentional but it is sad that it even happened.

so are you saying the fact people went out into the streets to celebrate wasn't classy? they reported 8 arrests. all of the other ones were on college campuses. hrmmm, college students getting drunk and rowdy and acting like idiots. i have never heard of that ever happening before! if you didn't know this, the boston area has 60 colleges and universities. there are bound to be drunk idiots doing stupid things when celebrating with such a high concentration of colleges and students in one area.

so it's unclassy for Dominicans to do something that is customary? it's sad that people got hurt, but it's obviously a tradition in the DR.

you guys are seriously the ones without class trying to do whatever you can to bring down sox fans. get over it already.

Listen, number one, I was actually rooting for the Sox to beat the Yankees. I'm a Mets fan (sucks), so I was getting pretty tired of all the Yankee bandwagon jumpers around playoff time.

Secondly, I remember what happened in LA and Chicago when they won NBA championships. Cars rolling over, houses being burned down, people dying. I was just pointing out the fact that if the Bosox beat the Cards, it's gonna be an ugly scene because of a few really dumb people. And that sucks. Why would even one person need to die because they wanted to celebrate the Red Sox winning a championship? That NEVER happened in New York.

Go Sox!! (I mean it. I hope they kill St Louis--I hate the Cards)

I dont even know where to begin with this......

If you are gonna shoot dont you think that your mark would prob be someone that didnt expect it? so he missed by a long shot... I still dont get why tear gas wasnt used, shit 3 or 4 big tear gas drops would have had them all puking and running

fucking so sad

I dont even know where to begin with this......

If you are gonna shoot dont you think that your mark would prob be someone that didnt expect it? so he missed by a long shot... I still dont get why tear gas wasnt used, shit 3 or 4 big tear gas drops would have had them all puking and running

fucking so sad

You are absolutely right about that. What the fuck was the police thinking? That article just upset me a little. That's why I had to share it. It sucks that because something good happens, a family is destroyed because of it. Anyway, I didn't mean to offend any Sox fans. Have a great weekend. I hope Schilling takes another cortisone shot.

RED_SOX_FANS.sff_BX103_20041022113559.jpg

RED_SOX_FANS.sff_BX101_20041022111958.jpg

Pretty sad. At least Yankees fans have class and know how to handle winning. Then again if we had 86 years of pent us frustration, I'm sure New York would be out of control too. Oh yea, you guys havent won anything yet. Although I'm not so sure St.Louis has the pitching to hold that line up down. Should make for great baseball anyway.

RED_SOX_FANS.sff_BX103_20041022113559.jpg

RED_SOX_FANS.sff_BX101_20041022111958.jpg

Pretty sad. At least Yankees fans have class and know how to handle winning. Then again if we had 86 years of pent us frustration, I'm sure New York would be out of control too. Oh yea, you guys havent won anything yet. Although I'm not so sure St.Louis has the pitching to hold that line up down. Should make for great baseball anyway.

Shut the fuck up. we came back and beat your sorry asses give us just a little credit. But instead you have to knit pick about this bullshit....here's a news flash: youre right we havent won anything yet. but the yankees arent gonna win didly shit and they'll be home watching the series on the tube like you.

Shut the fuck up. we came back and beat your sorry asses give us just a little credit. But instead you have to knit pick about this bullshit....here's a news flash: youre right we havent won anything yet. but the yankees arent gonna win didly shit and they'll be home watching the series on the tube like you.

First of all, kudos on the 'newsflash' We weren't aware that you haven't won 'didly shit' since 1918 or anything.

Anyway, I'll keep this simple and straight to the point. You can have your WS title this year because we don't fucking care. While you're jerking off to your ONE RING in the last 90 fucking years; were playing connect the dots with ours.

You people are acting like the typical losers that you are. OMG YOU WON! Yeah, well, in order for a rivalry to stay alive, BOTH fucking teams need to win, dingbat. I've never witnessed a team celebrate more without having won a single thing.

While you're jerking off to your ONE RING in the last 90 fucking years; were playing connect the dots with ours.

our one WS title will mean more than your 26. because we aren't spoiled like you guys. you just EXPECT to win. we have been wanting this for a long time, and we have been wanting to beat the yankees in the postseason for a long time. the AL Pennant makes up for a lot of years of losing in bad ways to the yankees. you guys will NEVER EVER know what it's like to want something so bad for so long and then finally get it. it means more than just being used to getting it. i know, because the pats 2nd SB victory didn't mean NEARLY as much as the first.

hey yankee fans

enjoy choking on biggest bankroll in sports history

if you ask most RS fans, especially the younger generation they culd give a shit about this WS

the yankees choke fest was the WS to us

njdionysus, super class yourself, harping on how some chick got killed by a beanbag riot gun

our one WS title will mean more than your 26. because we aren't spoiled like you guys. you just EXPECT to win. we have been wanting this for a long time, and we have been wanting to beat the yankees in the postseason for a long time. the AL Pennant makes up for a lot of years of losing in bad ways to the yankees. you guys will NEVER EVER know what it's like to want something so bad for so long and then finally get it. it means more than just being used to getting it. i know, because the pats 2nd SB victory didn't mean NEARLY as much as the first.

I may be spoiled but I will not apologize just because my team happens to win alot. This win is all yours, believe me. No excuses. You guys fucking deserve it. And if it makes you sleep better at night knowing you have some sort of edge over NY just because of this win, then, more power to you.

I can tell you are a true Boston fan considering you dont even know how many championship titles your team has won...

This is the funny thing. People talk about NY bandwagoners. I think there are just as many, or more Boston Bandwagoners because you have people who are not Boston fans just rooting for Boston because they hate the Yanks. Boston fans are built of fans from all teams who have no hope except Boston...

PS - BOSTON HAS WON 5 WORLD SERIES TITLES YOU MORON.

I hate Boston and know more about a team you will never see me root for!!! Than again I am a fan of the sport. Not just a fan of the moment.

Bro, not for nothing, but destroying a city is "knit picking"? That's pretty fucked up if you ask me. Anyway, I am still rooting for the Sox to beat the Cards (I hate the Midwest).

Thursday, October 21, 2004

ESPN.com news services

BOSTON -- A college student died Thursday after suffering a head injury in a clash between police officers and a crowd of Red Sox fans who poured into the streets outside Fenway Park to celebrate their team's victory over the New York Yankees.

Victoria Snelgrove, a 21-year-old journalism major at Emerson College, was among 16 people hurt in the revelry. The injured also included a police officer.

My condolences to the family and friends of this woman.. She was just in the wrong place and the wrong time.

I can tell you are a true Boston fan considering you dont even know how many championship titles your team has won...

This is the funny thing. People talk about NY bandwagoners. I think there are just as many, or more Boston Bandwagoners because you have people who are not Boston fans just rooting for Boston because they hate the Yanks. Boston fans are built of fans from all teams who have no hope except Boston...

PS - BOSTON HAS WON 5 WORLD SERIES TITLES YOU MORON.

I hate Boston and know more about a team you will never see me root for!!! Than again I am a fan of the sport. Not just a fan of the moment.

:laugh: :laugh: ahahahahaahaaaaaa :laugh: :laugh:

we have won FIVE including the very first: 1903, 1912, 1915, 1916, 1918 ( MFY fans favorite number)

I WAS ALLUDING TO THE FACT THAT YOU FAGGOTS HAVE WON 26 SINCE 1918 AND WE HAVE WON NONE AND OUR ONE SINCE 1918 COMPARED TO YOUR 26 SINCE 1918 WILL MEAN SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE SWALLOW THAT YOU FUCKING ASSHATS!!!!!!! DID YOU GET BUMPED OUT OF LINE TO SUCK JETERS COCK SO YOU HAD TIME TO COME ON HERE? go away, you fucking suck and smell like sewage and wear a yankees hat with 5 gold chains on your neck and think you are GHETTO. just go away.

Yup, right here, bandwagon jumper. I watched the 86 world series and cried my eyes out for a fucking week 18 years ago when they lost. I have been waiting 18 fucking years for this WS appearance, you douche bags wait every fucking year and see it just about every year so FUCK OFF!!!!!!! You guys are DEFINITELY more stupid than I thought you were, you try to make something out of nothing and get shot in the fucking ass. FUCK OFF. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA, ASSFUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am done. you yankee fans are nothing but trash and belong in the NYC gutter with the fucking rats.