Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the king of acid house...josh wink

mrmovement33

it's halloween. and i love to go out on halloween. just to laugh at all the crazy and scary costumes.a chance to forget about our everyday personas and transform into someone else. all for the good, and no evil ofcourse. josh wink @ space this weekend alongside prof. howells. seems wicked. i am really expecting some top quality acid,electro, and minimal breaky tracks from wink. i was at the 1st howelloween @ spin. it was a great night.

set times any1. as unfortunate since the event is @ space. i can't stay stuck in there all night. without re-entry. and please no shady door mongers either. and the bums. ahhh shi*. i hope wink is worth it. i'm sure he will be. :type:

happy and safe halloween :dj:

bling,

why the relentless hate for howells? surely i can think of 1,000,000 other djs that u praise that really do suck. perhaps he doesn't play what u like, which is totally understandable. maybe he didn't want to french kiss u in front of the space crowd the last time he was here which would piss anyone off for that matter.

but to consistenly bash the guy on a public msg board everytime someone brings him up is in the utter most disrespect on your behalf. it's only music guy...

:hat:

u know that space wants the mad progger up there @ 1:00am to blow up the speakers. so i am guessing that wink will come on like at fuc*in 6:00am in the fuc*in morning. and by that time i'll be sound assleep.

yes, i do agree tsheritage. those damn lines and the door mongers and the bums and the fact that there is no re-entry might be enough to send me to the grove halloween night =)lol

bling,

why the relentless hate for howells? surely i can think of 1,000,000 other djs that u praise that really do suck. perhaps he doesn't play what u like, which is totally understandable. maybe he didn't want to french kiss u in front of the space crowd the last time he was here which would piss anyone off for that matter.

but to consistenly bash the guy on a public msg board everytime someone brings him up is in the utter most disrespect on your behalf. it's only music guy...

:hat:

I have to agree with Bling. Everytime I saw Howells at Vinyl/Arc, he sucked (Danny Tenaglia always had to pick up the slack, which he did very well)... it was just boring beats with nothing else!!! The only mix I can still listen to is his GU:NuBreed and the first two Nocturnal Frequency sets...

You, Dennis Rodgers and Bill Patrick were much more interesting in the Arcade. :D

I went to every single howells party @ vinyl/arc, he is one of the best imo. you cannot judge him by his parties w/tenaglia, he wasnt at his best. face it, you are not gonna beat up tenaglia in his home, so basically howells might have held back a little or changed his style for those parties. for this 'bling' person, well, all i can say is that we used to get howells once a month here in ny(for a 10 hour set), at which time he basically spun whatever he wanted. in clubs like space, especially during a holiday type event in which he will only spin for a few hours tops, you will get a different set. the howells parties @ vinyl were great. i think that is a pretty fair view of this entire matter.

-------

I went to every single howells party @ vinyl/arc, he is one of the best imo. you cannot judge him by his parties w/tenaglia, he wasnt at his best. face it, you are not gonna beat up tenaglia in his home, so basically howells might have held back a little or changed his style for those parties. for this 'bling' person, well, all i can say is that we used to get howells once a month here in ny(for a 10 hour set), at which time he basically spun whatever he wanted. in clubs like space, especially during a holiday type event in which he will only spin for a few hours tops, you will get a different set. the howells parties @ vinyl were great. i think that is a pretty fair view of this entire matter.

-------

Are you talking about the MADE parties on sat nights???

I have to agree with Bling. Everytime I saw Howells at Vinyl/Arc, he sucked (Danny Tenaglia always had to pick up the slack, which he did very well)... it was just boring beats with nothing else!!! The only mix I can still listen to is his GU:NuBreed and the first two Nocturnal Frequency sets...

You, Dennis Rodgers and Bill Patrick were much more interesting in the Arcade. :D

lol, first off, im not a dj.

sorry for the confusion. the djs in the arcade were probably billy, dennis, matt, and tommy.

also, danny and danny only played at arc/vinyl together 3 times. so out of respect to tenaglia, howells ALWAYS pitched it down. something 95% of the djs out there know nothing about.

i may not agree with the music he plays at times(esp. peak time), but he sure knows how to open up a room. he's the master when it comes to shit like that. his 6 hours sets at twilo and 10 hour sets at arc showcased pretty much every danceable genre thinkable sprinkled on with classic hits by marvin gaye and donna summer for encores.

just curious, were any of u at bed in march 2003 in which he absolutely destroyed BED a new ass? LEGENDARY!