Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving On

ladyshady

How long do most of you feel it takes to move on and get over someone after a serious break up? Weeks, months, years?

Is it a good thing if you move on quickly?

How long do you wait to start seeing someone else, either on a playful, or semi-serious level, is it a good thing?

ehh...comments?

you never really get over someone that you loved, the way you love them may have changed, but the feelings are still there. its hard to let go of the expectations, dreams, and plans you might have had together. i sometimes wonder how i got over some of my relationships after being so down when the relationship ended, but time heals all wounds.

in answer to your question nic, only you know when your ready to let someone into your life again, there is no time frame. rushing out and dating someone after a long term breakup isnt wrong, its just that person's way of dealing with loss. :)

well said :type:

you never really get over someone that you loved, the way you love them may have changed, but the feelings are still there. its hard to let go of the expectations, dreams, and plans you might have had together. i sometimes wonder how i got over some of my relationships after being so down when the relationship ended, but time heals all wounds.

in answer to your question nic, only you know when your ready to let someone into your life again, there is no time frame. rushing out and dating someone after a long term breakup isnt wrong, its just that person's way of dealing with loss. :)

that was a smack in the face... :(

but you're right..always have good words Lee, thanks :)

oopss....edit --i meant lee.......i guess i love barstar though

as hard as it sounds , things happen for a reason, maybe u will get back together , if not , u are a very attractive beautiful woman u can find another guy, who knows maybe he will make you happier ... hes out there somewhere it will happen in due time, when u least expect it :love:

totally agree with u

as hard as it sounds , things happen for a reason, maybe u will get back together , if not , u are a very attractive beautiful woman u can find another guy, who knows maybe he will make you happier ... hes out there somewhere it will happen in due time, when u least expect it :love:

I think it really depends. The longest it ever took me to get over someone was almost 2 years. I still talk to him almost every day and I see him maybe once a month but we didn’t talk for almost a year and he moved to Miami. If he wasn’t so far away I don’t think I would have gotten over him. He moved back last year which made things quite tempting.

I think that many times you need to get with someone else to take your mind off of your ex. Sometimes this turns into a rebound or whatever.

I also think that it depends on what your feelings were for this person. Was it love or lust, sexual or emotional, or all of them.

How long do most of you feel it takes to move on and get over someone after a serious break up? Weeks, months, years?

Is it a good thing if you move on quickly?

How long do you wait to start seeing someone else, either on a playful, or semi-serious level, is it a good thing?

ehh...comments?

There is a lot that comes into play when dealing with a break up..

I dont think who broke up with who has anything to do with it..

You can love someone but get to a point where you realized that

its not going to work and that you are in it to loose. Only time as

well as your heart will tell.. I was in a long relationship and it took me

even longer to get out but when I finally realized what was at stake.

I bid my goodbye and stopped looking back -- and now Im happier

then before... Good luck if the question you asked deals with you!

I'm not sure how you are....but I'm a pretty sensitive person and my feelings can get hurt very easily. But I just surround myself with my closest friends and snap out of things pretty quickly. Takes a few weeks but its different for everyone. feelings are always there. Little things you hear or see about the person will definitely get to you. The most important thing is to just be there for yourself. Bullseye is right....time definitely heals all wounds.