Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Afterhours?

jesseh49

Recently moved out here from NY. Looking for a good afterhours spot that plays House on Friday's and Saturday's in LA. I know about Avalon but thats about it.

Use to go to clubs like Soundfactory(before it got shutdown) Arc/Vinyl Spirit, Crobar.... Thanks in advance.

NOPE there is nothing out here...

Only afterhour clubs are Avalon, Godskitchen Circus... those are the three major clubs... but if you're looking for after after hours.. AfterHour Power at avalon.. but personally I can't handle the scene out here anymore .. too many pretentious pricks and asian mom and dads... no offense...

yeah i hate to be one of those "back in the day it was sooooo much better...." people, but it really is true. now i go back pretty far in the la scene and i can tell you this city used to go off big. there were great events, great party people, a very healthy, creative and supportive scene. this town was incredible, now it's a drag for the most part. this stuff is cyclical though, so if you have some patience it will come back around. also, if you can't find anything good, do something about it. start a night at some small space. support local dj talent. network in the scene. make it better!

It sucks that their are no good afterhour spots. Once in awhile it is good to get out to those "shady" places. Nothing beats the feeling that you get walking into the club in the early hours of the morning. The sun is starting to come up, it's quiet outside exept for the pounding bass coming out of the club. Then finally getting in and seeing this whole other world that exists. RIS...

yeah there was a great after hours in la for many years called does your mama know. i'm not sure if it's still happening. it moved from the club it had been at for years a while ago. that was the shit! went until at least 9am sunday morning. it was almost pitch black inside. lots of illicit things going on in dark corners, great music. such a vibe! there were times i'd go to bed early and then wake up at like 6am on a sunday, head to dymk and get my "church" and then there were the nights/mornings we'd pull up after rocking it at some underground all night and head in for more madness!

Recently moved out here from NY. Looking for a good afterhours spot that plays House on Friday's and Saturday's in LA. I know about Avalon but thats about it.

Use to go to clubs like Soundfactory(before it got shutdown) Arc/Vinyl Spirit, Crobar.... Thanks in advance.

Club Larchmont "last man standing" goes off every Sat and Sunday morning from 6am - ??? I like AHP once in a while, I agree with you guys that the scene there is not of the best, but it does remind me of NYC clubs a lil. When I moved here I was in shock that there's no clubs like in NYC, but then I got used to it. I really miss SF and Twilo good ol days :dj:

Club Larchmont "last man standing" goes off every Sat and Sunday morning from 6am - ??? I like AHP once in a while, I agree with you guys that the scene there is not of the best, but it does remind me of NYC clubs a lil. When I moved here I was in shock that there's no clubs like in NYC, but then I got used to it. I really miss SF and Twilo good ol days :dj:

Nice...Where is Club Larchmont located? Yea, never thought I would miss seeing the JP Shuffle... Sasha and Diggers once a month at Twilo was insane..Use to have to drag me out of there....

Nice...Where is Club Larchmont located? Yea, never thought I would miss seeing the JP Shuffle... Sasha and Diggers once a month at Twilo was insane..Use to have to drag me out of there....

Nice...Where is Club Larchmont located? What is the crowd like? Yea, never thought I would miss seeing the JP Shuffle... Sasha and Diggers once a month at Twilo was insane..Use to have to drag me out of there....

I will not step foot into club larchmont anymore.. I do like some of the dj's but the crowd is amazingly gross.. well some of them... too much craziness for me.. I like Lil pedro's once in awhile... but club larchmont is on melrose and larchmont in hollywood

Larchmont will be getting an supposed change of scene from a westside house music hotspot host in the coming weeks.

The best afterhours are the teenlate.com listed events that go to 6 am. Also, of course, Stock is very good .. but if youve been dancing since 10 your feet give out around 2:30

Larchmont will be getting an supposed change of scene from a westside house music hotspot host in the coming weeks.

The best afterhours are the teenlate.com listed events that go to 6 am. Also, of course, Stock is very good .. but if youve been dancing since 10 your feet give out around 2:30

who goes out at 10?

6 is not after hours my man.

What do all these places spin out here?

we used to live in new york and have been in LA and now San Diego and afterhours is usually not that good. We used to go to Last Man Standing but the music is usually hard house. nothing like twilo or vinyl and it is like paying two covers, one at the first place and then another at the afterhours. they say avalon is afterhours but that only means it is open until 4am, not 10 or later like new york clubs, so if you really want afterhours you must go somewhere else.

I was just at the avalon this saturday for miggs. It was ok. By far not an afterhours club though. Especially since i am coming from Miami where i was spoiled by space where sometimes i didnt go out until 2 and thats when klienfeld or fontaine was just starting to touch a record.

the music was a little sped up for my taste but there was a back room where you could smoke and they were spinning a little proggressive trance. i am sure they wil figure out that putting live percussion 'timbales' in that room will bring it up two or three levels.

as far as afterhours though. i think its up to us to bring it to the 11am level. if anyone wants to let me spin

i am more than willing

ariel :pint:

I was just at the avalon this saturday for miggs. It was ok. By far not an afterhours club though. Especially since i am coming from Miami where i was spoiled by space where sometimes i didnt go out until 2 and thats when klienfeld or fontaine was just starting to touch a record.

the music was a little sped up for my taste but there was a back room where you could smoke and they were spinning a little proggressive trance. i am sure they wil figure out that putting live percussion 'timbales' in that room will bring it up two or three levels.

as far as afterhours though. i think its up to us to bring it to the 11am level. if anyone wants to let me spin

i am more than willing

:rock:

There is a scene, which we carry, that goes to 3, and one that goes til the sunshine. Every thing is here in LA, just have to find it :)

i am more than willing

There is a scene, which we carry, that goes to 3, and one that goes til the sunshine. Every thing is here in LA, just have to find it :)

I need more help than this.. You seem to know of the place I am in search of. If you could give me some more info on the party that runs the latest in the morning I would appreciate it..

sounds like we are getting something going here.

all we need to do now is make sure we get the right people with the right music at the right time.

la late? i went to your site. $. for passwords? hmmmmm. sounds kind of sketchy. how about connections for passwords isnt that what a scene is supposed to be about. ANYONE can buy there way into a club.

on another note. has anyone on this side heard of a meet up at acapulco's

ariel