Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Change on the Horizon - Roland leaves Space

digital7

Just remember that things happen for a reason and believe me that good things will come from this. You've been a good friend for the last 4 odd years that I've known you and you know that I've always supported you. You've rocked dancefloors from Miami to Detroit to Venezuela and beyond. Where ever you end up, you know I'll be there.

change is good. change is evolution. change is life.

best of luck on your future endeavors

- danny

TO A GREAT FRIEND, A GREAT PERSON, AND AN ALL AROUND FIRST CLASS GUY.

YOU STARTED FOUR YEARS AGO AT SPACE AND HAVE COME A LONG WAY IN THOSE FOUR YEARS. YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR DEDICATION AND PASSION FOR DJing AND MUSIC IS SECOND TO NONE. FROM LUNAR SESSIONS TO THE DEFINITE OWNER OF THAT SPACE PATIO. YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR OWN SOUND, AND YOUR OWN CROWD AND HAVE CONSTANTLY GROWN AS A TALENT AND HAVE BECOME ONE OF THE BEST DJ'S THIS TOWN HAS SEEN. YOU HAVE TOTALLY DRAWN THE RESPECT AND RECOGNITION THAT YOU ARE SO INCREDIBALLY DESERVING OF FROM SOME GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE LIKE SANDER KLEINENBERG, ALI AND SHARAM, AND MANY OTHERS LIKE MY BROTHER, OSCAR, WHO HAS SPENT THE LAST 4 YEARS PLAYING WITH YOU IN THE SAME VENUE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY SOMETHING, WHICH IS ONE THING HE ALWAYS SAYS IS NEVER HAS HE HAD A BETTER CO-PILOT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS.

LIKE I SAID, YOU ARE A FIRST CLASS GUY, AND YOU ARE TRULY SOMEONE WHO DESERVES ONLY THE BEST IN LIFE, AND DONT WORRY, I AM CERTAIN THAT YOUR TIME TO REALLY SHINE IS RIGHT BEFORE YOU RIGHT NOW.

LOVE YA BUDDY...

---JASON.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLY, you're a great guy, you're a badass DJ, You're the freakin' man. I've had many memorable moments with you, Biz and Rocky in the DJ booth on the patio at Space. To this day I still haven't forgotten that marathon set you threw down back in March. It was epic to say the least. You always greet me well in the booth or wherever I run into you, and always put up with my drunken,slurred speech after I've had way too much too drink and still play my favorite tracks upon request, although my timing may be a little off. LOL...... I wish you the best of luck and I will always support you 100% buddy. You can count on it :)

omg i just saw the article and i am heartbroken. I know what he is doing though is best for him and his family and im sure he thought about it a long time.

HE is the type of dj that can never be replaced by anyone. Whoever LP puts on that patio im sure will be good but never another Roland. I have the utmost respect for the man and the music he has graced us for all these years.

He was the very first dj i ever heard at space and still moves me the most to shake my booty dancing.

roland is a true class act.. one of the nicest guys in the biz i have ever met. always has treated me with respect as he does all his fans. ..

ROLAND YOU ARE THE MAN!!! YOUR MUSIC WILL LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS!! BELIEVE THAT BROTHER !!!!

(LOOKS LIKE A FEW OF U KNEW ABOUT THIS WAY BEFORE :( ) damn i gotta call roland....

TO A GREAT FRIEND, A GREAT PERSON, AND AN ALL AROUND FIRST CLASS GUY.

YOU STARTED FOUR YEARS AGO AT SPACE AND HAVE COME A LONG WAY IN THOSE FOUR YEARS. YOU HAVE SHOWN YOUR DEDICATION AND PASSION FOR DJing AND MUSIC IS SECOND TO NONE. FROM LUNAR SESSIONS TO THE DEFINITE OWNER OF THAT SPACE PATIO. YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR OWN SOUND, AND YOUR OWN CROWD AND HAVE CONSTANTLY GROWN AS A TALENT AND HAVE BECOME ONE OF THE BEST DJ'S THIS TOWN HAS SEEN. YOU HAVE TOTALLY DRAWN THE RESPECT AND RECOGNITION THAT YOU ARE SO INCREDIBALLY DESERVING OF FROM SOME GOOD FRIENDS OF MINE LIKE SANDER KLEINENBERG, ALI AND SHARAM, AND MANY OTHERS LIKE MY BROTHER, OSCAR, WHO HAS SPENT THE LAST 4 YEARS PLAYING WITH YOU IN THE SAME VENUE. I CAN HONESTLY SAY SOMETHING, WHICH IS ONE THING HE ALWAYS SAYS IS NEVER HAS HE HAD A BETTER CO-PILOT LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS.

LIKE I SAID, YOU ARE A FIRST CLASS GUY, AND YOU ARE TRULY SOMEONE WHO DESERVES ONLY THE BEST IN LIFE, AND DONT WORRY, I AM CERTAIN THAT YOUR TIME TO REALLY SHINE IS RIGHT BEFORE YOU RIGHT NOW.

LOVE YA BUDDY...

---JASON.

Jason is right on the money. FIRST CLASS GUY, great friend and wicked DJ

Roland has always been my favorite Dj at Space and have made many of my mornings/evenings there memorable. Change is all about perception. If you perceive it to be exciting then you will go out and live life. Do what needs to be done for yourself and make it happen! Good Luck in all that you do Roland and I look forward to hearing you play out again!

~Rich

I remember the first time I heard Roland about 3 years ago..he plainly sucked LOL ..I believe he was playing in the old Space patio on a night that PVD was in the blue room. From that time to now, he has excelled big time and I absolutely love his sound on the terrace and he is my favorite local DJ.

Let us know where will you be landing and I'll be there to show support and dance to your beats.

Good luck bro!!

Lalo :hat:

well since what I already knew is now somewhat official, I can say what I want. as I told Roly there are only two reasons I go Space that is for Roly and OG. the other erroneous nonsense which goes on at Space really doesn’t really matter to me. it seems to me over the last few years, I have seen a pattern of disrespect for talent, and a growing acceptance of who can kiss ass the best. the in house talent sets get cut, to point where the in house talent becomes a guest DJ in his own house! That is just wrong!

very little insight is put into what the DJ is actually doing, in terms building a crowd and creating a vibe. it's unfortunate in a town full of so many talented DJ’s. in order to achieve any measure of success you must become immersed, in the infamous politics of clubbing. which has done more to destroy the scene then to grow it IMO.

if the mediocre set I witnessed from Ivanno Bellini this past week, is an example of the best Space can offer on the terrace. then Space will need to dig deeper IMO. trying to reinvent the wheel is not going to work.

All the best to my good friend Roland, it is my sincere hope that you will soon find a venue and setting which is both appropriate and appreciative of the talented DJ you have become. My sincere thanks to Roland for the numerous nights, mornings, and afternoons of rocking it like nobody else can.