Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Welcome to the Tunnel

i also remember the first night i went there, The grand Re-opening, i was a baby,

prior to it opening the entire city was Talking about this new spooky Massive club that was gonna open on the west side, Everyone Wanted to get in, the line went from 12thAve (west side highway) to 11th, and wrapped around the corner! SoundFActory (Spirit,Twilo) was DEAD! that night. And you could not drice down 27th, Because it was filled with people, The entire street was Filled with people, Screaming at the door guy, and little old me, PRob 14-15? at the time was scared to death, lol we got in Because my Best friend at the time, use to Fuck the Door guy there, who use to work at The Mudd club.

im old, lol

TUNNEL FRIDAYS WOW!!!!!!! What a time in my life. The memories go on and on. Coat checking and as soon as you were done, turning around and walking in right in front of that bar, you could always count on there being a circle right there and a whole bunch of people you needed to say hi to. Eddie baez ripping the shit out of that place every Fri. Anyway i would def pay for one more of those nights. Well for those who missed Tunnel im sorry!

How bout when you got past Paris, and you heard "Welcome to the Tunnel," was the best phrase ever, and you know you made it in to the hottest place in NYC!!!!!!!

Paris who used to do the door@ SF ?

when i ws going to the tunnel ,one of the guys who did the door is the guy who was doin door@ crobar when i went on a sat nighht in june

I'm kind of upset that I never went to either Limelight, Palladium or Tunnel back in the day. :unhappy: Each of the parties at those clubs were legendary from what I've heard. The promoters, the people, the time.. . it will never be the same. Those parties at those clubs paved the way for the parties and clubs of today. Each of those promoters created the blueprints that were necessary to make the parties at these clubs successful. I don't think any of the clubs now will duplicate the same success these clubs had. My question is which of these parties in your opinion was the best and why? Describe the crowd, club, as well as the year it occurred in.

I started going to the Tunnel summer of '98 and continued going late into '99. Must say that place was the best. I remember we were there one night and my friend was messed up on x and she had these big ass heels on and she busted her ass either going up or down that little ramp that was by the hallway upstairs. While she was on the floor yelling for someone to help her up, I just stood there laughing my ass off, I couldn't help her up cause I was laughing so hard. I had some of the best time's in that club with that friend ( were no longer friends). Loved the fuzzy room and the library.

I used to be a valet attendant at that spot. The service would only be available till 4am. Afterwards i was allowed to go in. I was alone and didnt really get attached to the scene. I did tho remember what i saw, and i vowed to come back. I did and didnt stop till they closed those doors.

reading everyones posts is just making me so miss the "ole days". Its a whole other scene now in my opinion. I miss that vibe so much. At the FEVER Pier 63 party i felt it, that ole skool just shut the fuck up and dance mentality. No poppin' bottles bullshit and other extravagent money spending antics. I say once justin timbercrack and spitney rears started showin up to clubs it sprialed to its end. They wanted to be part of that real alive sub-culture and not their scripted pop exsistence. Which in turn brought all them lil pop listening bastards and then their mommies and then the news and then the end....

my one memory

I promoted for kurfew so i got to run around that motherfucker a lil bit. One night there was this sick snow storm on a saturday. There was some suprise guest, i didnt look into cause i knew i would be there anyway. The tunnel was so empty due to the horrid weather. I being a crackhead went anyway also these were the years SNL was at its worst and I couldnt bare to be home. It was simply jeff at the decks and i stood next to him for like an hour watchin him spin some of the illest breaks and there was barely anyone there. Thats was a funny night..

I almost forgot this was another MAJOR reason The Tunnel got so much heat all the time. Sunday night hip-hop parties. For all the xtcy filled saturdays there was equal amounts of henny, blunts and mad freaknic shit going on sunday.

http://www.blackstarvideo.com/videos2/The-Tunnel-Is-Closed-v2.html

This video pretty much says it all. It was a source of constant violence. I really wonder how much peter was skeaming off them selling huge key's of yak all sunday night long?