Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Welcome to the Tunnel

oh how that phrase brings back memories:)

the train song

kurfew

living in your skin

the kenny sharf room

the main floor

the cages

the tunnel store

d-tour saturdays

open bar at kurfew every sat

pack your bags playing ever sat in kurfew

having more fun in the upstairs bathrooms then you should

the library downstairs

and so on and so on

what are your memories share them

oh how i wish someone could rent out the tunnel as a hall and have a reunion party.

i guess i can only dream

The Half Pipe. Arriving super early to get max ramp time.

D-Tour.

Size 9- "I'm Ready" at 5am being dropped to a capacity crowd on the main floor especially when WinX - dont Laugh came right after it.

Being excited to find a friends after not seeing them for 6-7 hours, and then swapping stories.

I look into that room every day and night on my way to and from work. The only thing that still looks like the tunnel in there is the brick walls and the steal beems holding the 2nd floor up.

It truly was an incredible place. Have alot of good memories...

The dead chicken hanging in the wall upstairs between the bathrooms and that room that was like 20 below zero just before you walk down to the main bar.

The long long hallways that never seem to end just after the coat check and around the bend.

I remember being really fucked up back in the day in that place and getting lost from my friends for hours. Looking over my shoulder and always thinking someone was calling me.

I remember the guy with the short tight shorts running around that place like a complete freak with his briefcase.

I remember the abondant amound of glowstick sellers in there.

LOVED D-TOUR SATURDAYS... DANNYS ELEMENTS RECORD RELEASE PARTY, HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY...

I loved the couches just behind the main bar. Great place to just chill.

The room right next to Danny's DJ booth upstairs overlooking the main floor... Seeing that many people going absolutely insane while Danny rocked that place apart...

The library, The Hip Hop room which you caught a contact high if you were within 10 feet of the place.

The FUZZY room at about 5am... Go in there and watch the bubble tubes and just chill for an hour or 2 before going back to the main floor so Danny can beat the shit out of you for a few more hours before the night was over.

The doors opening up in the wee hours of the morning too the brightest of sun light... Watching a couple hundred crack heads hit the streets...

I remember that kid that died at 17 years old. And still have the article from that night. I think me and my crew left about 10 minutes before the incident happened.

My first night there was amazing... I popped my DT Cherry and After Hours party all on the same night... Most intense feeling I think I ever felt.

I remember the night that Danny Dropped " Stereo Dancer " at about 9am or so... The lights went out and the music went off... People started chanting Danny, Danny, Danny, Encore, Encore... Or something to that effect... Then he dropped it. " Stereo Dancer " and as if everyone had the same idea at the same time. A sea of glowsticks came out of absolutely no where... I was peakin chilling against one of the speaker boxes on the main floor... The bass was going through my body. I was numb from head to toe. Trails of glowsticks flying everywhere. The hair on my body was standing on end. I just closed my eyes, squated to the floor... Looked up and opened my eyes and someone was standing in front of me... Looking me dead in the eyes... Out of nowhere someone behind that person peeks there head around them looks at me and starts working the glowstick... Then the person in front started working the glowsticks. I am in absolute heaven. I held my breath for a couple of seconds stood up and was completely abliviated to the world... All while people are giving me the best light show that I could remember...

AHHH THE GOOD OLD DAYS... NOW I AM OLD HAVE TOO MUCH RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAN'T HAVE THE SAME FUN ANYMORE...

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

D-tour was FRIDAY.........

KURFEW was SATURDAY........

And jeff was to cheap to ever have open bar every saturday,

i wonder who REALLY went to tunnel Huh? :yuck:

D-TOUR was on Saturday unless they changed it when I stopped going. But I was always there on Saturday gettin the shit kicked out of me by Danny's mahem.

Oh and cant forget the BLINDING STROBE while walking through the main floor trying to find your spot. 3 steps ( Strobe ) " Oooops sorry didnt see you there " 4 Steps ( Strobe ) " Oh shit did I just step on that kids head? "

I can go on and on with experiences...

I remember a night where the dance floor was packed. Everyone was doing their thing. I was sitting on one of the round platforms on the far side middle of the room... Danny dropped flylife... It was like someone branded me on the ass with one of the cow branders I was on my feet so fast... That place definately kept you in shape. Avg. temp in there was like 104 degrees...

maybe d-tour main room, kurfew the other rooms upstairs or whatever. i hate reading these threads cause i never went to the tunnel :(, at that time i was at limelight, exit and a bunch of raves. if i knew it was gonna close i should've soooo went, i was gonna go to one nation there but decided to do something else.

D-tour was FRIDAY.........

KURFEW was SATURDAY........

And jeff was to cheap to ever have open bar every saturday,

i wonder who REALLY went to tunnel Huh? :yuck:

Nope. D-tour was definetly Saturdays.... I remember cus Tom Mellow and the Chocolate Factory crew did Fridays at The Roxy.. and DT was always there at the bar chillin.

interesting days it was... i remember my first time there... i went to the limelight with some friends and they were denied because they weren't of age... so we cruised over to the tunnel... models, suits, etc... denied cause of no license then as well and got into palladium later that night when paris was doing the door...

use to promote for kurfew... an interesting party to say the least...

the gatien legacy will live on forever in the memories of thousands of individuals... that's really something... it was amazing... not only did they change how people party, but how they dressed, acted, etc.. it was a sub-culture all its own...

ahhh.. back in the day :)

man where are the people that used to go to these parties today... I don't mean the same people, but that element of youth culture. I just don't see it......

haven't found it recently...lol... me personally, i'm big on larry tee's party... they are pushing a great sound... call it elctroclash or nu wave house... the shit is seriously dope.. some songs may be too "niched out" but the genre and the talent is amazing...

stop by crobar on thursday's if you're interested in something different :)

ahhhh TUNNEL!!!!

the fuzz room

the chandeleir room

kurfew Saturdays

sitting inside the speaker

the dj in the bathroom

getting henna tatoos in the side hallway rooms

the pay phones by the coat check

oh man that place was the best space in the city....i loved the fact that you would walk that place for like 25 mins and not cross the same path twice...

gotta love the chicago hard house blasting off upstairs next to the bathroom...imo the best view of a club ever was at the top of the stairs looking to the opposite end and just seeing the strobes and hundreds of people dancing...i could look over that railing and just be amazed....

and it def bugged you out cause where youre standing cause chicago hard house was blasting and the main floor looked so off beat cause they had something totally different blasting off...

and the part about being excited about seeing friends hours later is soooo true.. .

what a place.

what wonderful and great memories these are

only if we could have them back

the tunnel is the only place in nyc that i would want back

in my eyes no club can measure up to it

maybe some day there will be another club that will add up

but at the rate nyc is going probably not

it is sad that clubbing in nyc is going down the tubes

the only club that has some good parties is crobar

i still remember the first night i went to kurfew and i was on the line and the door man asked me if i was gay and i said no and then he told me to get off the line so i did. then i got back on and i got back up to the door i told him i was bi.

hey if cover 10 and open bar for 1 hr then i will be anything they want me to be :)

I look into that room every day and night on my way to and from work. The only thing that still looks like the tunnel in there is the brick walls and the steal beems holding the 2nd floor up.

It truly was an incredible place. Have alot of good memories...

The dead chicken hanging in the wall upstairs between the bathrooms and that room that was like 20 below zero just before you walk down to the main bar.

The long long hallways that never seem to end just after the coat check and around the bend.

I remember being really fucked up back in the day in that place and getting lost from my friends for hours. Looking over my shoulder and always thinking someone was calling me.

I remember the guy with the short tight shorts running around that place like a complete freak with his briefcase.

I remember the abondant amound of glowstick sellers in there.

LOVED D-TOUR SATURDAYS... DANNYS ELEMENTS RECORD RELEASE PARTY, HIS BIRTHDAY PARTY...

I loved the couches just behind the main bar. Great place to just chill.

The room right next to Danny's DJ booth upstairs overlooking the main floor... Seeing that many people going absolutely insane while Danny rocked that place apart...

The library, The Hip Hop room which you caught a contact high if you were within 10 feet of the place.

The FUZZY room at about 5am... Go in there and watch the bubble tubes and just chill for an hour or 2 before going back to the main floor so Danny can beat the shit out of you for a few more hours before the night was over.

The doors opening up in the wee hours of the morning too the brightest of sun light... Watching a couple hundred crack heads hit the streets...

I remember that kid that died at 17 years old. And still have the article from that night. I think me and my crew left about 10 minutes before the incident happened.

My first night there was amazing... I popped my DT Cherry and After Hours party all on the same night... Most intense feeling I think I ever felt.

I remember the night that Danny Dropped " Stereo Dancer " at about 9am or so... The lights went out and the music went off... People started chanting Danny, Danny, Danny, Encore, Encore... Or something to that effect... Then he dropped it. " Stereo Dancer " and as if everyone had the same idea at the same time. A sea of glowsticks came out of absolutely no where... I was peakin chilling against one of the speaker boxes on the main floor... The bass was going through my body. I was numb from head to toe. Trails of glowsticks flying everywhere. The hair on my body was standing on end. I just closed my eyes, squated to the floor... Looked up and opened my eyes and someone was standing in front of me... Looking me dead in the eyes... Out of nowhere someone behind that person peeks there head around them looks at me and starts working the glowstick... Then the person in front started working the glowsticks. I am in absolute heaven. I held my breath for a couple of seconds stood up and was completely abliviated to the world... All while people are giving me the best light show that I could remember...

AHHH THE GOOD OLD DAYS... NOW I AM OLD HAVE TOO MUCH RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAN'T HAVE THE SAME FUN ANYMORE...

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!

WAHT HAPPENED WITH THE 17 YR OLD KID???

so i guess i am wrong?

Very odd...

i Stopped going to Tunnel, After Junior left, early 90's

And part of me remember's it before they renovated it in like 92"?

It use to be all open, and the fuzzy room, And Back room, use to be open Train Tracks, that you could not walk on.., Then they renovated it, and built those rooms, back there.. the dance floor also had little catwalks, like a few feet from the Dance floor, So that people walking, could get by, with out being on the dance floor, i have a pic, if only i could Figure out how to send it. lol?

i still remember seeing danny on friday...huh?

if u look at these pics, (yay i figured it out!!) u can see the tracks, Those tracks and wall were removed to make the back room's (fuzzy room, Chandalier> sp? )

: )

Notice the catwalks on the dance floor, This was Pre 90" prob like 89? 88?

i got this from a webpage someone sent me a link to awhile ago, these were pics that were part of a Article on how massive the inside was... :)

my best friend lost her virginity there .. i know that sounds really trashy (it is) but it was some guy from our high school that she has been in love with since 8th grade. its a really funny story. ahh being 18 and fucked up again

and one of our tunnel friends, tori, who met her bf at tunnel.. he just proposed to her in front of it the other night.. soo cute

my best friend lost her virginity there .. i know that sounds really trashy (it is) but it was some guy from our high school that she has been in love with since 8th grade. its a really funny story. ahh being 18 and fucked up again

and one of our tunnel friends, tori, who met her bf at tunnel.. he just proposed to her in front of it the other night.. soo cute