Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arrogant f*#?ing bastards

Let's see if anyone out there can relate to this...

I'm sick and tired of reading my ex's moral high road crap about how he was wronged and how other people (a.k.a. me) are just insecure and weak.

Perhaps if you stepped outside your arrogance you would see that relationships fall apart on account of two people. Maybe you're in denial...maybe you think you've been great but maybe one day in a few years when you can actually see things clearly you'll see that you're the one copping out... you're the one who's too weak to see where you went wrong as opposed to blaming everything on just one person.

It's all good though because I was weak for not standing up for myself and saying what I thought while I was in the relationship. Now at least I can see things in their entirety. I can see that I messed up a bunch of times but that in the end I don't have to question my goodness as a person because I was manipulated by the most powerful force in my life: guilt.

I know where I went wrong and I tried to make up for it but here's a life lesson if I ever saw one: making up for where you went wrong once someone's decided they're going to close themselves off to you is pointless. They can't accept any of the good or the making up you have to offer because they're too caught up in their pain to see anything outside themselves.

I wish I'd been better at times but I don't wish I was still in a relationship where I had to beg the other person to show some emotion- where it was all about pleasing someone who had forgotten how to truly love.

Love is not respect for the sake of respect. Principles are important but if you live according to them just for the sake of them they're empty promises. Same goes for saying "i love you" all the time.

I am now with someone that loves me completely; I am with my best friend, the best friend who saw me go through all this crap and stood by me. I'm with someone who's earned my devotion, respect, confidence, trust and makes me smile. I don't cry myself to sleep every night. I am a stronger person and I can see all the worth and value I have to offer a relationship and life. This may sound arrogant but it's not- not when you'd gotten to the point where you questioned your worth, your goodness, your morals, your ability to love. These things should not be questioned. If you fall out of love with someone and after years of pain you walk away it's ok. It's what you have to do and it's best for you both if you stick by your decisions. This is strength and not insecurity...

That's my piece and the last time I'll ever sign onto this messageboard. I'm through.

I'd hung onto a memory long enough but now it's time to focus on the positive and not the past.

Peace out NYC messageboard...

• 10 months later...
Let's see if anyone out there can relate to this...

I'm sick and tired of reading my ex's moral high road crap about how he was wronged and how other people (a.k.a. me) are just insecure and weak.

Perhaps if you stepped outside your arrogance you would see that relationships fall apart on account of two people. Maybe you're in denial...maybe you think you've been great but maybe one day in a few years when you can actually see things clearly you'll see that you're the one copping out... you're the one who's too weak to see where you went wrong as opposed to blaming everything on just one person.

It's all good though because I was weak for not standing up for myself and saying what I thought while I was in the relationship. Now at least I can see things in their entirety. I can see that I messed up a bunch of times but that in the end I don't have to question my goodness as a person because I was manipulated by the most powerful force in my life: guilt.

I know where I went wrong and I tried to make up for it but here's a life lesson if I ever saw one: making up for where you went wrong once someone's decided they're going to close themselves off to you is pointless. They can't accept any of the good or the making up you have to offer because they're too caught up in their pain to see anything outside themselves.

I wish I'd been better at times but I don't wish I was still in a relationship where I had to beg the other person to show some emotion- where it was all about pleasing someone who had forgotten how to truly love.

Love is not respect for the sake of respect. Principles are important but if you live according to them just for the sake of them they're empty promises. Same goes for saying "i love you" all the time.

I am now with someone that loves me completely; I am with my best friend, the best friend who saw me go through all this crap and stood by me. I'm with someone who's earned my devotion, respect, confidence, trust and makes me smile. I don't cry myself to sleep every night. I am a stronger person and I can see all the worth and value I have to offer a relationship and life. This may sound arrogant but it's not- not when you'd gotten to the point where you questioned your worth, your goodness, your morals, your ability to love. These things should not be questioned. If you fall out of love with someone and after years of pain you walk away it's ok. It's what you have to do and it's best for you both if you stick by your decisions. This is strength and not insecurity...

That's my piece and the last time I'll ever sign onto this messageboard. I'm through.

I'd hung onto a memory long enough but now it's time to focus on the positive and not the past.

Peace out NYC messageboard...

your "best friend" has been waiting patiently to get into your pants.. seems like his patience and determination paid off..

dont fall for guys that wanna be your friend.. all they want is your pussy

this is a post that my ex-gf put up here about a year ago. I was working on a group accounting project in grad school and decided to swing through CP and saw this! It was actually the sweetest thing she ever did for me b/c it allowed to completely say 'Fuck this'.

Al thinks drama in my life is amusing. I think his DJ sets are amusing :-)

your "best friend" has been waiting patiently to get into your pants.. seems like his patience and determination paid off..

dont fall for guys that wanna be your friend.. all they want is your pussy

Haha, yeah that kid was around all the time w/ a hard-on but he was like 4'4" with a mullet and never took him seriously. HAHA.

this is a post that my ex-gf put up here about a year ago. I was working on a group accounting project in grad school and decided to swing through CP and saw this! It was actually the sweetest thing she ever did for me b/c it allowed to completely say 'Fuck this'.

Al thinks drama in my life is amusing. I think his DJ sets are amusing :-)

:laugh: