Clubplanet Nightlife Community

when you can't respect someone's profession

lollie60

Let's say there's a person and he/she is real sweet, respects you and treats you like gold. But no matter how good they treat you, you just can't accept or respect what they do for a living ?

This person has zero ambition in life and is perfectly satisfied with being a janitor, or a pizza hut delivery person. But they still treat you like a god/goddess ..

What do you do ?? Would you still give them a chance knowing that their profession really bothers you ?

i do like someone with passion for what they do and the desire to do better but at the same time, i dont think i would hold it against someone if they never found their calling. maybe they will someday, maybe not. if they have all the other qualities you think are important, it is just one flaw. a big one but not something you cant get past. i dont think there is anything wrong with doing what you have to do to survive. i dont like my job but i do it & keep trying to find something better. if i stop working i will not be able to survive. unless youre parents are millionaires you should relate.

i would have a problem if i knew we would never be able to afford to go on a vacation or go to a nice dinner. if that was the case i wouldnt put up with it forever. its ok to date or whatever but not for long term. i dont want to support a guy, he at least has to be able to pay his way & take me out once in a while. not to sound shallow and of course there are circumstances where i wouldnt care if i had to pay for a guy 100% of the time, unfortunately that is not in my budget so its not gonna happen. if i hit the lotto sure...

i do like someone with passion for what they do and the desire to do better but at the same time, i dont think i would hold it against someone if they never found their calling. maybe they will someday, maybe not. if they have all the other qualities you think are important, it is just one flaw. a big one but not something you cant get past. i dont think there is anything wrong with doing what you have to do to survive. i dont like my job but i do it & keep trying to find something better. if i stop working i will not be able to survive. unless youre parents are millionaires you should relate.

i would have a problem if i knew we would never be able to afford to go on a vacation or go to a nice dinner. if that was the case i wouldnt put up with it forever. its ok to date or whatever but not for long term. i dont want to support a guy, he at least has to be able to pay his way & take me out once in a while. not to sound shallow and of course there are circumstances where i wouldnt care if i had to pay for a guy 100% of the time, unfortunately that is not in my budget so its not gonna happen. if i hit the lotto sure...

u still owe me a drink..

make that two since its my bday

Let's say there's a person and he/she is real sweet, respects you and treats you like gold. But no matter how good they treat you, you just can't accept or respect what they do for a living ?

This person has zero ambition in life and is perfectly satisfied with being a janitor, or a pizza hut delivery person. But they still treat you like a god/goddess ..

What do you do ?? Would you still give them a chance knowing that their profession really bothers you ?

does what we do define who we are or who we are define what we do~!?

Well, I know that depending on the job a girl will not really want to stick around. Women need to feel like they can be supported even if they know that they dot need to be because they are independent. My girlfriend well ex broke it off with me for many reasons but I suspect that one of the reasons was what I do for a living. Not really going to get into that but it was more of a fear and curiosity type of thing. she never knew exactly what I was doing but knew I could be getting myself into a lot of trouble at any given moment. She also didn't like the fact that I never answered any of her questions about my money. Always thought women dug the james bond quiet guy LOL

i do like someone with passion for what they do and the desire to do better but at the same time, i dont think i would hold it against someone if they never found their calling. maybe they will someday, maybe not. if they have all the other qualities you think are important, it is just one flaw. a big one but not something you cant get past. i dont think there is anything wrong with doing what you have to do to survive. i dont like my job but i do it & keep trying to find something better. if i stop working i will not be able to survive. unless youre parents are millionaires you should relate....

AGREED AND WHO CARES AS LONG AS THEY HAVE A JOB ANYWAY?

i guess it kinda depends on what thier job is and how much it bothers you...

i figure... as long as thier not a crack whore... don't live with mommy and daddy... and can take care of themselves...

i'd give em the benefit of the doubt...

but then again... some girls have a problem with what i do...

looking at this from the other side....

i don't understand how you couldn't look beyond what your mate does for a living. you're not with them when they are working. There are some really great people out there who are in the military, construction workers, cops, teachers, etc., they will never make a shit load of money. but, what matters is how they treat you, not what they can do for you.

i have a friend who has been a police officer for like three years now and he doesn't want to be a sergeant, detective, lieutnenant, captain, or anything and is also completely happy making $35k+ a year. lack of career ambition doesn't make someone a bum and shouldn't influence the level of respect you feel for them as a person.

i think this hit a sore spot... :D

lollie out of curiousity what career would you find respect for~!?

I have a tendency to get involved ONLY with creative artistic men. I've been with a dj (one quite well known ) , photographers and now a tv producer from L.A

I respect talented and creative men. Being creative is the most important thing to me. So I'm not really attracted to 'normal'guys with a'normal' job and a 'normal' life

Wall street dudes, doctors or lawyers don't impress me because anyone can goto med school and law school or get a wall street job.

looking at this from the other side....

i don't understand how you couldn't look beyond what your mate does for a living. you're not with them when they are working. There are some really great people out there who are in the military, construction workers, cops, teachers, etc., they will never make a shit load of money. but, what matters is how they treat you, not what they can do for you.

i have a friend who has been a police officer for like three years now and he doesn't want to be a sergeant, detective, lieutnenant, captain, or anything and is also completely happy making $35k+ a year. lack of career ambition doesn't make someone a bum and shouldn't influence the level of respect you feel for them as a person.

i think this hit a sore spot... :D

where in the hell is your friend a copper ?

I have a tendency to get involved ONLY with creative artistic men. I've been with a dj (one quite well known ) , photographers and now a tv producer from L.A

I respect talented and creative men. Being creative is the most important thing to me. So I'm not really attracted to 'normal'guys with a'normal' job and a 'normal' life

Wall street dudes, doctors or lawyers don't impress me because anyone can goto med school and law school or get a wall street job.

actually no, not anyone can go to law or med school. and yes anyone can get a wall street job but not everyone can keep it...

actually no, not anyone can go to law or med school. and yes anyone can get a wall street job but not everyone can keep it...

yea I know ..I'm saying these skills are learned . But creativity and talent - that's just something you're born with

DG - yea it's def a personality trait. I tend to be strogly attracted to wacky creative guys with quarky talents

the nice sweet guy who treats me like a lady but I can't respect is my MAILMAN .

It's not a money thing here. I asked him if he went to college or if he enjoys being a smalltown mailman and his reply was -

" I wasn't the brightest guy in class. I'm not really a suit & tie kinda guy ."

I think he's 35 and lives at home. Never went to college and never left hometown. Claims he doesn't date much. Doesn't have any other ambition in life. I think he's quite dull.

But he is soooo nice to me I almost feel bad for not going out with him. WTF do I do ?? When I'm out walking down street - he follows me with his USPS mailtruck like a love sick puppy ( which I find very annoying) .

What do I do ? Do I tell him to stop being nice to me and stop following me with his mailtruck ??? I don't know what to do with the guy.