pedro to the mets-done

jtk4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sox are seriously in the hunt for Tim Hudson

watch out people......sox got the prospects the A's are looking for

your nuts, if you take the best prospects the so have had in the past 6 years we would not have the prospects the a's want.

our best chip is youk a 3rd baseman they have chavez

our second is hanley a SS the have bing crosby

our best pitcher would be in their top 5 in their system(they have good arms)

besides arroyo and would you want to send all that for hudson then have him sign somewhere else after the season?

your nuts, if you take the best prospects the so have had in the past 6 years we would not have the prospects the a's want.

our best chip is youk a 3rd baseman they have chavez

our second is hanley a SS the have bing crosby

our best pitcher would be in their top 5 in their system(they have good arms)

besides arroyo and would you want to send all that for hudson then have him sign somewhere else after the season?

they also got that catcher (forgot his name)

hey, I'm just goin off of what someone told me was being told on EEI

nothing but yahoos call that farkin place.

I am not discounting maybe a three way deal but it will not be a sox-A's. But we will lose arroyo and we better get him to sign an extension.

schopack (is the catcher)

although the ohter rumor is the manny for piazza.. i will march to boston and hunt theo epstein down if that happens ...

i am not opposed to letting manny (and his huge contract go) but i would like to get a player of equal talent.

I heard it was gonna be either Piazza & Matsui or Floyd & Matsui for Manny...

Kelly Stoppach - he's garbage. Oakland would love to get Youkilis and just put him at DH. They've been going after him for years. Brandon Moss is pretty decent as well from a Sabremetrics standpoint. Still, for Boston to get Hudson, they'd probably need to work out a 3-way deal. Fortunately, Beane and Epstein are both wizards at working the 3-way.

Now I'll take the Mets over the Yanks any day, but I'm gonna laugh next year when Pedro continues his steady decline, Glavine pitches like he's 40, Benson doesn't improve (or gets injured), Trachsel continues to decline and Zambrano still cant find the strike zone. Easily going to be the most overrated rotation in the majors. It seems like every new GM comes to the Mets and tries to make his mark with splashy long-term signings of guys who are already in the decline, leaving them in a perpetual state of disappointment. Funny thing is they're also the frontrunners to sign Moises Alou, another guy who fits that category...

Kelly Stoppach - he's garbage. Oakland would love to get Youkilis and just put him at DH. They've been going after him for years. Brandon Moss is pretty decent as well from a Sabremetrics standpoint. Still, for Boston to get Hudson, they'd probably need to work out a 3-way deal. Fortunately, Beane and Epstein are both wizards at working the 3-way.

Now I'll take the Mets over the Yanks any day, but I'm gonna laugh next year when Pedro continues his steady decline, Glavine pitches like he's 40, Benson doesn't improve (or gets injured), Trachsel continues to decline and Zambrano still cant find the strike zone. Easily going to be the most overrated rotation in the majors. It seems like every new GM comes to the Mets and tries to make his mark with splashy long-term signings of guys who are already in the decline, leaving them in a perpetual state of disappointment. Funny thing is they're also the frontrunners to sign Moises Alou, another guy who fits that category...

You just went over how the Mets may have one of the most overrated rotations in the majors, and you'd take them over the Yanks, who now have the best rotation in Majors?

also, 'steady decline?' He had one down year. How is that steady? Poer pitchers like Clemens, Schilling and RJ are all around 40 years old and all experienced a down year in their mid 30's. Pedro is 33. You people are fucking stupid.

• 1 year later...