Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's from Westchester/The Bronx?!?!

Originally posted by Abstrakt:

Yeah, Im crazy bored, and its only 8:46. Keep me awake people. Who here is from Westchester or the Bronx? Im from Westchester...shit, not exactly proud to say it though LOL smile.gif

Why not be proud to say it.... I'm from the chester... Its not exactly slamming, but its a good place, and close to NYC.... I know what you mean though.....

I live in Yonkers...as close to the city you can get from Westchester! hehehe good to see some other Westchester peeps from this board, I know a few others as well.

Lola - where is Thornwood? I've never heard of it! Learn something new everyday huh smile.gif

Well, Im not ashamed to say I live in Westchester (ummm sometimes LOL jk), the good thing is that I work in White Plains so its convinient.

Does anyone still go out in Westchester anymore? I used to hang out here once in a blue moon, but the clubs here are dead now. They used to be good for those nights you didn't feel like going into the city...but I havent been a Westchester club since the Palladium opened almost 2 years ago. What a waste of a nice space that was!

Ali

------------------

"The enchantment is over...but the spell remains"

Thornwood has one decent restaurant (Japanese) and Briante Racing (FAST Mustangs)...anything else going for it?

------------------

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys, have a good night's rest, I missed you. -- Gov. William J. Le Petomane (Blazing Saddles)

why are you not proud to live inwestchester, do you know how many kids would die to live in westchester. you are a lucky one, and you dont even appreciate it or realize it. if you travel and see the rest of the would, beleive me, you will be glad you grew up in such a nice place. I am from Chappaqua(live in Manhattan now), and when I was in High School I hated it and wish i could live somewhere else, but after college and travling the world, I have seen how fortuneate I was, and whenver I go back there, I now notice the beauty that I once took for granted like a spoiled little kid.

Peace,

Michael, who would raise his own family in westchester before anywhere else

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

Originally posted by ichi_gami:

Thornwood has one decent restaurant (Japanese) and Briante Racing (FAST Mustangs)...anything else going for it?

T-Wood- good restaurants -

2-3 good Italian

1-2 good Japanes

1 good Thai

A few good Chinese

3+ good Bar fare spots

Good Clubs-

NONE

Good Bars

0-2 depending who you ask

Other things going for it?

buncha kids who have nothing to do, so they drink and smoke,etc...

24 hour blunt spot

Close to NYC

Far from NYC

------------------

"He who loves not wine, women & song, remains a fool his whole life long.."

-Martin Luther King

Originally posted by momadance:

why are you not proud to live inwestchester, do you know how many kids would die to live in westchester. you are a lucky one, and you dont even appreciate it or realize it. if you travel and see the rest of the would, beleive me, you will be glad you grew up in such a nice place. I am from Chappaqua(live in Manhattan now), and when I was in High School I hated it and wish i could live somewhere else, but after college and travling the world, I have seen how fortuneate I was, and whenver I go back there, I now notice the beauty that I once took for granted like a spoiled little kid.

Peace,

Well said....

It's good to leave for a while, to get that appreciation. It's no nightlife spot, but its nice, safe, and convenient to the greatest city in the world (in my un-biased NY opinion)

------------------

-Martin Luther King

From Northern Westchester... Montrose/Peekskill area... Live in Manhattan now.. Any Hed Hud alums??

------------------

AIM: slimchezdy

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

Originally posted by momadance:

Peace,

Whoa. Take it easy there, you're making some strong assumptions there. First off, I haven't been living in Westchester my whole life, for the past 7 years I have been living here (Im 21). So I haven't exactly lived the rich-boy Westchester lifestyle...I am not at all ungrateful for living in Westchester, you're right, it is a great, relaxing place to live and a perfect place to raise children. You wont get any disagreement from me on that.

I HAVE been to other places in the world (like Iran for example) where it is shocking to see under which conditions some people are living in the 21st century. This always keeps me humble and thankful I live in the US, let alone Westchester. And like I said in the other post, Im not complaining I that I live in Westchester...if I hated it I would have left a looooooooong time ago!

I was only kidding to some of the Westchester peeps that know what Im talking about, its not exactly a hot bed of activity for a 21 year old! But, I do realize how lucky I am to live here. So I think you've taken make lil joke about Westchester out of proportion smile.gif

- Ali

------------------

"The enchantment is over...but the spell remains"

Never lived up there..but went to Bronx Science way back from 80' to 84'..plus ole lady grew up in Yonkers area..went to school in New Rochelle & worked in Westchester...so I am more familiar w/are than I need to be..

------------------

What da.....

Originally posted by lola591:

THORNWOOD IS BETWEEN P'VILLE AND VALHALLA

YEAH I WENT TO WASTELAKE..LOL

HEPPY

I graduated in '95

don't you just assume noone from this board would be from T-wood? I was surprised when i saw your post......

I wonder who you are......

------------------

-Martin Luther King