Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the best LIVE set you have ever experienced?

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

you shoulda smacked me bro

how could i forget pvd july!!

most nrg i've ever seen on a dancefloor at 10 in the morning

I should lay the smackdown on your candyass for forgetting that night.

What about PVD...the man was still going strong from 2am until the next morning...didn't the place close out close to 11am...i think.

He never topped himself ever since then...I don't think he ever will.

------------------

get bizzy with the fizzy baby...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by shadowchaser:

I should lay the smackdown on your candyass for forgetting that night.

What about PVD...the man was still going strong from 2am until the next morning...didn't the place close out close to 11am...i think.

He never topped himself ever since then...I don't think he ever will.

well he postively won't if his damn booking agent keeps sandwhiching twilo between two nights in the us and one the next in another damn country

they guys not even on any drugs for christs sake!!!

can't expect him to pull that set off again w/ the way they schedule him

but yes that was insane, once again most nrg exhibited on a danceflorr at that time ever

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use"

-Aabye Kierkegaard

hmr3.gif

shadowchaser Club god

Reg.: Jun 2000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PVD @ Twilo this past July...

Sasha & Digweed @ Twilo this past June (album release party) & this past Halloween party...Diggs blew the roof off.

I couldnt' agree with u more!

DJ smile.gif

Originally posted by housin:

1. DT in Montreal Nov 11th, 2000

Wha?! You were at the 17 hr marathon?! You bitch! He broke his own record that night. You should read the thank-you e-mail he sent back to the promoters and clubbers.

I woulda liked to have been there for that one.

Probably the best live set i've ever experienced was Sasha & Digweed's 3 year anniversary in Twilo in april 2000 i guess. It was the best night, simply unforgetable, S & D rocked the club. Another excellent set was PVD's last apperance in Twilo. These nights had a big impact on me.

Originally posted by spoonyd:

Wha?! You were at the 17 hr marathon?! You bitch! He broke his own record that night. You should read the thank-you e-mail he sent back to the promoters and clubbers.

After the last one I knew I had to go...I went there for Mark Anthony and even that experience was wayyyyy better than any club experience I've had in NY over the past 2 yrs or so. So I knew Danny would be incredible and it was...

Originally posted by spoonyd:

DT played 11pm til 7am then 8:30 til 3pm one time in Sydney.....that was a highlight, in particular when I was on stage dancing with the promoter, we were the only ones up there....all my friends thought I was a crazy fuck and that confirmed it!

I've seen snippets of Mills a couple of times and each time wooooooooooooh, but yet to see a full set

then there was the time Doc Marten saw my crazy friend and I 'battling' in the middle of the dance floor, so he completely adjusted his set to suit our moves.....

more to mention.....

cwm27.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif I'm dreaming of a white christmas------------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

I have to go back a lil bit... back to some lesser know DJs however they turned me onto the MUSIC ... before them I was just hearing beats.

DJ Evets (Disco 2000, Wednesdays @ LL '95)

DJ Scott Henry (Unity, RoseLand Ballroom, June '95)

I used to also like dancing with Heather Heart after her set... *smiles*

Since then... I have been present for so many amazing sets.... last one was PVD @ Twilo two weeks ago...

------------------

One Love...

spin.gifbboy.jpg

sasha and digweed in january...not for new years but the end of the month when it was mad packed with people, the bathrooms downstairs were flooded and you had to pee on top of toilet paper, and the coat room was back to back you couldn't feel your feet touch the floor.

pvd in may when they still had decorations up from s&d's 3 year anniversary.

digweed in LA for gu 019.

------------------

dancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gifdancer.gif

my first pvd was an amazing experience. it was back in march and it was the 1 year anniversary of his residency so they had the place all decorated and they had the laser show set up. i was stone cold sober that night and i remember feeling like i was high all night long. absolutely amazing, that one night will always go down as something to remember.

------------------

twilo is my drug

Dee Jay Punk Roc @ Dose - All Funked Up - Fall 1999

-never have I heard so many styles played with such balls. Pure selection and baddass mixing. Completely overshadowed the Congo Natty Crew playing in the second arena

Richie Hawtin @ Twilo

-what an artist - hit the four C's that night - consistency, creativity, and crowd connection.

*Some Greatest Moments*

DJ Heaven @ Destiny - Chocolate - May 8, 1999

-This was the first time I saw a DJ stop an entire room with a song. The massive was frozen in their tracks and complete silence overcame 3000 ravers in a hockey arena as a bass humm shook the rafters. All hell proceeded to break loose

DJ Hype @ Syrous 6th Anniversary - Labourday 1999

-changed my mind about Jungle

Deep Dish @ Twilo - last Month

-Jaguar - 'nuff said.

PVD @ Twilo - this June?

-How's your evening so far? - 'nuff said

Carl Cox @ Dose Connected - Feb 1999

-You don't know me - only the man can drop a hit that big in front of 5000 ravers and get away with it.

2 awesome ones this year so far..

S&D - 3 year anniversery in April...the music was just otherworldly, even at 11am, we had to force ourselves to leave. And the laser light show was nothing less than phenomenal (probably one of the best I've seen).

Carl Cox - 7 hour set a couple of weeks ago. The music was soooo amazing...he put layer upon layer...just adding depth as he went along. Truly talented.

And I heard S&D NYE party this year was awesome too...in fact Digweed himself said that. Apparently at the end of the night he found himself on the dancefloor!

(interview in MixMag)

------------------

Raving is a state of mind.

It has nothing to do with what you wear, how old you are or how you look.

Its all about the vibe!

Phish New Years Eve 2000, midnight to sunrise set. 7 1/2 hours of magic in the florida everglades. way better than any set ive heard from a dj, but my best dj set was paul oakenfold 8/20/00 at the tavern in the hamptons.

Peace,

Micahel

------------------

"Puff, Puff, Pass"

hhhmmm, i needed a day to think this one over, and thought about many of the sets that have been mentioned, at least the local ones. and at first i was considering the hundred of so concerts i've seen outside the electronic world, (and several phish and dead shows cannot be compared to as far as "live" performances go)... but one live show that really sticks in my head from the not too distant past was in '98, Dubtribe Soundsystem followed by Scott Henry at the Key in the boogie down. that shit was smokin.

SAMBA

------------------

we must cultivate our gardens...

mine was sasha at fabric in june or july this term, it was absolutely the most amazing experience of my life, It was the third time I'd seen him in less than a month the others being bedrock and gatecrasher summer sound system but although they were both amazing this was on another level entirely.

Matt

Without a question, without a single doubt in my mind, it was Sonique at the WMC last year.... Not only is she an ill DJ, but she got out of the booth, danced, performed her songs, got back in the booth, droped some dope beats, and then started AD LIBBING full vocals over the beats... IT WAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE MUSICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY ENTIRE LIFE.....

------------------

Upcoming Gigs:

Weds Nov. 22nd - (Thanksgiving Eve) - Plush, Long Island FREE ADMISSION!

Fri Nov. 24th - Cream, NYC

Sat Nov. 25th - Arena, Albany, NY

www.djrussreign.com

NY METS 2000 NL CHAMPS!

Originally posted by Jilly:

Damn..this is hard...but I would have to say...

Best night - Ultimate base party - twilo - september 1998

First Trevor Rockliffe..then Carl Cox...then Danny Moon ...anyone else remember him?

I WAS THERE TOO!!!!!!

it was awesome....but didn't compare to the first ultimmate base party at Twilo on July 3rd 1998.

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS INTENSE!!!!

------------------

And Everything Will Flow....Flow....Flow....

andy.gif