Clubplanet Nightlife Community

VIOLENCE around NYC clubs - what's going on?

Stabbings at Ikon and Spirit. Today's Daily News has a story about a man who's skull was beaten with bats outside a spot called 9-1/2 on E. 21st and Park Ave. South. In the same online paper, there's a story about a man who's in serious condition after being stabbed *inside* the Copa on the West Side.

I can't remember a time when there's been so much violence associated with clubs in the NYC. What's going on???

:rolleyes:

btw as far as i know there was no stabbing at spirit, the stabbing was at Ikon and there was some other altercation a week or so before new years outside Avalon.

yes you are correct there was not a stabbing at spirit. and for the other comments made for all you ppl that are saying bullshit. first off at ikon it was the chinease that stabbed someone or more and for the steroids comment i guaruntee you all that the meatheads are to fuc*ed up to fight. come on silverbull you should know this you are part of the club! :hoparound:hoparound

i got a hundred guns, a hundred clips cause im from ny...sound familiar. that type of bullshit that's getting blasted on the radio every day perpetuates this tough guy thug image. these people are getting beaten with bats and stabbed, who the fuck even carries a bat with them when they're going out.

i've been hitting up a lot of smaller venues these past couple of weeks, nice upscale crowds, no hip hop being played, i think that's gonna be my trend for this year, cause i've been having some really good nights lately.

That's cause it take a real man to stab someone in the dark :finger2: Fucking little bitches. Lets not forget 3-4 of their friends as backup cause god forbid they should handle things 1-1. The clubs should be better detectors and as soon as someone start major shit I would banned them for life in that club and spread the word to other clubs.

That's cause it take a real man to stab someone in the dark :finger2: Fucking little bitches. Lets not forget 3-4 of their friends as backup cause god forbid they should handle things 1-1. The clubs should be better detectors and as soon as someone start major shit I would banned them for life in that club and spread the word to other clubs.

i saw some shit at spirit last night.... some dude was kicked out of the club last week i guess and the bouncers wouldnt let him in last night because of it... then he started bitching and throwing a stink and asking to speak to the manager and shit, but the doorguy was like no... i think more clubs should do this.. all clubs should have that ID scanner thing.... and if someone gets kicked out of a club they should have it scanned on the way out and tagged so they wont be able to get in in the future...

. The clubs should be better detectors and as soon as someone start major shit I would banned them for life in that club and spread the word to other clubs.

Not to ripp on Spirit but they werent friskin anyone on NYE on the VIP line. Just didnt feel safe knowing anyone could bring in anything (guns, knives) Crobar NEVER frisks...some people might think that's a luxury but it really is a safety issue. I dont think it's whether or not it's an upscale crowd or not...there are shady characters are everywhere.

i think every club should at least give you a basic patdown to see if you're carrying a knife or something big like that. in the old exit days they almost raped you at the door, but on nye the guy just gave me a little pat on the back and legs and i walked in. not cool.

i saw some shit at spirit last night.... some dude was kicked out of the club last week i guess and the bouncers wouldnt let him in last night because of it... then he started bitching and throwing a stink and asking to speak to the manager and shit, but the doorguy was like no... i think more clubs should do this.. all clubs should have that ID scanner thing.... and if someone gets kicked out of a club they should have it scanned on the way out and tagged so they wont be able to get in in the future...

I know one of my friends has like a lifetime ban from several clubs. Bc he gets kicked out for fighting so much that they just remember his face and don'y let him in. Most places do that if you cause enough problems for them to remember what you look like.

Not to ripp on Spirit but they werent friskin anyone on NYE on the VIP line. Just didnt feel safe knowing anyone could bring in anything (guns, knives) Crobar NEVER frisks...some people might think that's a luxury but it really is a safety issue. I dont think it's whether or not it's an upscale crowd or not...there are shady characters are everywhere.

no they definitely pat down at crobar now... my friend didnt think they were that bad there so he chanced bringing a bullet in and they found it... luckily they just confiscated it and he didnt have any trouble... then later on at spirit they were frisking pretty hard too... im glad though...

I really haven't figured out why there has been a recent trend of violence in the nyc club scene lately? I mean when I heard about some of these stabbings at Ikon on NYE, I couldn't believe it. I mean I wasn't totally shocked, but c'mon it's NYE!! Can't people squash whatever beef they had w/ someone for a day or two? Most people that fight at night clubs, lounges, or after hours clubs are just hot heads w/ NO common sense. They never think before they act or care about the consequences of there actions. They are just a bunch of ignorant and thug-like degenerates. They are just so caught up in the heat of the moment and feel that they need to have the respect of a total stranger. You go out to have a good time and hang out w/your friends or to listen and enjoy the sounds of edm or hip hop by a particular dj. Some go out to meet new people or get there grooves on. The only way you should maybe fight w/ someone is if say someone hits you for no reason or say you argue w/ someone and they hit you first. You are only defending yourself in both instances. If you decide to attack someone in a posse than I too would call you a wuss. It takes a lot of guts to attack someone w/ all your boys present!! A real man would handle his problems 1 on 1 w/o his friends around to resolve the dispute. Other than that though you shouldn't get into a fight w/someone under any circumstances. You have to try to resolve any issue amicably if possible, rather than resort to violence every time. Sometimes you might have to walk away from a fight here and there. Easier said than done though.

Back in they day at SF, there were swarms of people in the club and at the theme parties and I never saw stabbings there. Sometimes there were fights, but most of the time people were enjoying themselves. The fights never got out of control there either. Last year on NYE at JP afterhours party at Ikon/Exit there were some shady looking people there, but I didn't witness a fight the entire time I was there. Even if you go to an upscale lounge, I don't think you can totally elude a fight from occuring there. Wherever alcohol is present a fight can break out at anytime. We all know that each person acts differently under the influence. You have to watch out for the violent drunks that's all. At hip hop clubs I tend to notice people like to brawl. Again it's probably because of the clientel that goes there: mainly ghetto thugs who are mad high. Now this stabbing happened at Ikon and it wasn't a hip hop night. So that tells you that violence can break out anywhere and at anytime.

I hope they continue to keep a strict policy at all the afterhours hours clubs in the city. I don't mind being searched and I'm sure most can comply. I want more clubs to check people for weapons, instead of just checking ids. It's the only method that can deter the type of people that could care less about you having a good time that night (who ruin the scene for all of us) and could keep those degenerates from coming back. I'd rather be safe in a club than be caught in the middle of some brawl I didn't initiate or have anything to do with!! If this is what it takes to ensure my safety at a club, than I'm all for it!!

I really haven't figured out why there has been a recent trend of violence in the nyc club scene lately? I mean when I heard about some of these stabbings at Ikon on NYE, I couldn't believe it. I mean I wasn't totally shocked, but c'mon it's NYE!! Can't people squash whatever beef they had w/ someone for a day or two? Most people that fight at night clubs, lounges, or after hours clubs are just hot heads w/ NO common sense. They never think before they act or care about the consequences of there actions. They are just a bunch of ignorant and thug-like degenerates. They are just so caught up in the heat of the moment and feel that they need to have the respect of a total stranger. You go out to have a good time and hang out w/your friends or to listen and enjoy the sounds of edm or hip hop by a particular dj. Some go out to meet new people or get there grooves on. The only way you should maybe fight w/ someone is if say someone hits you for no reason or say you argue w/ someone and they hit you first. You are only defending yourself in both instances. If you decide to attack someone in a posse than I too would call you a wuss. It takes a lot of guts to attack someone w/ all your boys present!! A real man would handle his problems 1 on 1 w/o his friends around to resolve the dispute. Other than that though you shouldn't get into a fight w/someone under any circumstances. You have to try to resolve any issue amicably if possible, rather than resort to violence every time. Sometimes you might have to walk away from a fight here and there. Easier said than done though.

Back in they day at SF, there were swarms of people in the club and at the theme parties and I never saw stabbings there. Sometimes there were fights, but most of the time people were enjoying themselves. The fights never got out of control there either. Last year on NYE at JP afterhours party at Ikon/Exit there were some shady looking people there, but I didn't witness a fight the entire time I was there. Even if you go to an upscale lounge, I don't think you can totally elude a fight from occuring there. Wherever alcohol is present a fight can break out at anytime. We all know that each person acts differently under the influence. You have to watch out for the violent drunks that's all. At hip hop clubs I tend to notice people like to brawl. Again it's probably because of the clientel that goes there: mainly ghetto thugs who are mad high. Now this stabbing happened at Ikon and it wasn't a hip hop night. So that tells you that violence can break out anywhere and at anytime.

I hope they continue to keep a strict policy at all the afterhours hours clubs in the city. I don't mind being searched and I'm sure most can comply. I want more clubs to check people for weapons, instead of just checking ids. It's the only method that can deter the type of people that could care less about you having a good time that night (who ruin the scene for all of us) and could keep those degenerates from coming back. I'd rather be safe in a club than be caught in the middle of some brawl I didn't initiate or have anything to do with!! If this is what it takes to ensure my safety at a club, than I'm all for it!!

Wow - GREAT POST!!! Agree 100%.

Increase the Peace.

Not in NYC, but another example of sick people stabbing fellow partygoers...disgusting.

2 men slain in brawl at go-go bar

Sunday, January 16, 2005

BY KATIE WANG AND PAUL NELSON

Star-Ledger Staff

Two men were stabbed and killed during a brawl at an Elizabeth go-go bar early yesterday, police said.

Michael Killeen, 26, of Bloomfield was stabbed in the chest in the bar section of the club, Lookers, said Lt. Gary Lewis. Killeen's friend, a 27-year-old man, was stabbed in the parking lot while trying to flee his attackers.

Police did not release the second man's name, pending notification of his family. He was rushed to University Hospital in Newark, where he died.

Lewis said police are seeking three suspects, all Latino, who were last seen fleeing in a dark green Lexus ES 300 with tinted windows and a New Jersey license plate bearing the letters LYZ. Lewis said a witness did not see the entire license plate.

Police are still investigating what started the barroom fight and how many men were involved, said Lewis. The call came in at 2:23 a.m.

"It appears to have stemmed from a dispute, which started in the bar between two men, which escalated to include several others," he said.

The three suspects and the two victims were involved, said Lewis. After Killeen was stabbed, his friend ran for the parking lot, but he was stabbed in the neck, said Lewis.

A white Nissan Maxima in the parking lot was splattered with blood on the rear passenger side. Around noon yesterday, two workers cleaned the blood off the car.

Lookers is a go-go sports bar off the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Liberty International Airport. It normally closes at 3 a.m.

A recording last night on Lookers' phone described the bar as "the ultimate in go-go and sports entertainment" with "20 of New Jersey's hottest dancers." A second voice added that "Lookers will be closed (Saturday)" and would reopen at noon today.

A man who answered the bar's phone earlier yesterday declined to comment on the stabbings. The bar was roped by yellow police tape as several customers pulled up.

Lewis said the bar is not considered an ongoing problem for city officials.

"It's not a source of trouble," he said.

Killeen's family declined to comment yesterday, said a man who answered the phone at his Bloomfield home.

Lewis said anyone with information about the double homicide is asked to call Elizabeth detective Paul Pasternak at (908) 558-2053.

You want to know why these two guys were killed over a girl, a FUCKIN girl. One was even chased into the parking lot and beaten and stabbed and left to die.

This is some stupid shit, when these guys are caught they will spend the next 20 years in jail for a fighting at a go-go bar.

Not in NYC, but another example of sick people stabbing fellow partygoers...disgusting.

2 men slain in brawl at go-go bar

Sunday, January 16, 2005

BY KATIE WANG AND PAUL NELSON

Star-Ledger Staff

Two men were stabbed and killed during a brawl at an Elizabeth go-go bar early yesterday, police said.

Michael Killeen, 26, of Bloomfield was stabbed in the chest in the bar section of the club, Lookers, said Lt. Gary Lewis. Killeen's friend, a 27-year-old man, was stabbed in the parking lot while trying to flee his attackers.

Police did not release the second man's name, pending notification of his family. He was rushed to University Hospital in Newark, where he died.

Lewis said police are seeking three suspects, all Latino, who were last seen fleeing in a dark green Lexus ES 300 with tinted windows and a New Jersey license plate bearing the letters LYZ. Lewis said a witness did not see the entire license plate.

Police are still investigating what started the barroom fight and how many men were involved, said Lewis. The call came in at 2:23 a.m.

"It appears to have stemmed from a dispute, which started in the bar between two men, which escalated to include several others," he said.

The three suspects and the two victims were involved, said Lewis. After Killeen was stabbed, his friend ran for the parking lot, but he was stabbed in the neck, said Lewis.

A white Nissan Maxima in the parking lot was splattered with blood on the rear passenger side. Around noon yesterday, two workers cleaned the blood off the car.

Lookers is a go-go sports bar off the New Jersey Turnpike near Newark Liberty International Airport. It normally closes at 3 a.m.

A recording last night on Lookers' phone described the bar as "the ultimate in go-go and sports entertainment" with "20 of New Jersey's hottest dancers." A second voice added that "Lookers will be closed (Saturday)" and would reopen at noon today.

A man who answered the bar's phone earlier yesterday declined to comment on the stabbings. The bar was roped by yellow police tape as several customers pulled up.

Lewis said the bar is not considered an ongoing problem for city officials.

"It's not a source of trouble," he said.

Killeen's family declined to comment yesterday, said a man who answered the phone at his Bloomfield home.

Lewis said anyone with information about the double homicide is asked to call Elizabeth detective Paul Pasternak at (908) 558-2053.