Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Spirit every other Saturday?

I went to Spirit the weekend after NYE and a bartender told my friend that JP has a new contract for 2005 and he's only going to be spinning every other Saturday. She didn't really seem to know what she was talking about, so I was wondering if anyone else heard anything about this.

P.S. I know the majority of you hate JP, so there's no need to post about it :)

that would be such a great idea if he only spun every other saturday...then i would go to spirt!!!!

Is JP spinning at ultrafest this year? LOL NO!!!!!!!

lol you're too funny man!!! :rolleyes:

why does there always have to be one douchebag on a jp related thread....

danielle i think that night we were there that was JP spinning... i thikn he's growing out his hair... ehh who knows....

they are actually spending money to build him a booth? HOW ABOUT USING THAT CASH TO BUILD SOME NICE BARS AND GIVING ME A BEER IN A GLASS INSTEAD OF A PAPER CUP! just whwn i think spirit might be worth going to again(like bringing back junior, finally) they make a decision to build jp a booth. that club is doomed. no doubt. i just wish crobar would buy it and make it an extension of their club. out one door right into the other. it would be great. oh well, with business decisions such as that one it wont be long anyway. :type:

Thanks for the info guys, and for giving that little hater what he deserves :) I think JP's b-day is on the 31st...I have a flyer about it somewhere.

Dan- I think that definitely was JP (disguised as a dirtball, hehe) that night we were there, I just didn't know if he was there this past weekend.

how is building a better dj booth a bad business decision? and im sure they are pretty low on capital if they are doing that to begin with. peters isn't the only one that's going to benefit from that, im sure they're not gonna keep it under lock and key. so far jp has been the dj that consistenly brings people into the club, the friday parties haven't exactly been consistent or good, with the 17 grand openings and reopenings that they've had.

i think what they are starting to do now is a good model, basically what crobar is doing. have different djs coming in on fridays and have a steady resident dj on saturday.

they are actually spending money to build him a booth? HOW ABOUT USING THAT CASH TO BUILD SOME NICE BARS AND GIVING ME A BEER IN A GLASS INSTEAD OF A PAPER CUP! just whwn i think spirit might be worth going to again(like bringing back junior, finally) they make a decision to build jp a booth. that club is doomed. no doubt. i just wish crobar would buy it and make it an extension of their club. out one door right into the other. it would be great. oh well, with business decisions such as that one it wont be long anyway. :type:

how is building a better dj booth a bad business decision? and im sure they are pretty low on capital if they are doing that to begin with. peters isn't the only one that's going to benefit from that, im sure they're not gonna keep it under lock and key. so far jp has been the dj that consistenly brings people into the club, the friday parties haven't exactly been consistent or good, with the 17 grand openings and reopenings that they've had.

i think what they are starting to do now is a good model, basically what crobar is doing. have different djs coming in on fridays and have a steady resident dj on saturday.

werddddddd!!

and JP'S BDAY IS THE 29TH NOT THE 31ST THATS A MONDAY....

jp's b-day party will be on the 29th of january. saturday! its up on his web site. hoping for afterhours. but i hear so far reg. hours for that night. so you all there!

yea im glad u thought of that

werddddddd!!

and JP'S BDAY IS THE 29TH NOT THE 31ST THATS A MONDAY....

...and i was referring to his bday party from '02...someone posted it was in february

[

actually dude, i think boris is gone on saturdays and they are back to random dj's spinning on saturday nights... boris did the disco after hours this weekend and david waxman was spinning at crobar on saturday night... so... i'd like to hear from a legit crobar promoter to see what the deal is over there... i dont anticipate boris leaving to cause a problem for crobar... i dont think people were going there for boris... i think people were going there for the crowd..

Ya what was up with JP two Saturdays ago? I don't know how else to say it other than he looks like shit! He doesn't look like anything from his flyers. Hair is long now and he put on a few pounds. Oh well I still think he drops good beats and had a fun time! :) Maybe they will change his booth around so you can actually see him spin rather than standing on your tippy toes tryin to get a peek.

Ya what was up with JP two Saturdays ago? I don't know how else to say it other than he looks like shit! He doesn't look like anything from his flyers. Hair is long now and he put on a few pounds. Oh well I still think he drops good beats and had a fun time! :) Maybe they will change his booth around so you can actually see him spin rather than standing on your tippy toes tryin to get a peek.

yeah, jp was dropping some nasty, nasty shit the other night... i think jp has changed a lot since his sf days... i only saw him a few times at factory... but now i actually like the music and i like the crowd... he spins some great house... none of that bs diva nyc vocal bullsheeit.. well none that i've heard lately...

way to represent JP fans...I wasn't expecting to get any serious responses. As for JP he has definitely been on point lately...I was disappointed with him towards the end of the Factory days, but every time I've heard him at Spirit he has been really good. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree but I think limiting him to under 24 hours has been a good thing. As for Paris, I haven't noticed any selective activity at the door since about 3 years ago at SF. I'm not complaining, just commenting.

P.S. Thanks for posting the right date for his b-day, CP needs some fact-checkers.

yeah, jp was dropping some nasty, nasty shit the other night... i think jp has changed a lot since his sf days... i only saw him a few times at factory... but now i actually like the music and i like the crowd... he spins some great house... none of that bs diva nyc vocal bullsheeit.. well none that i've heard lately...

the music and crowd at SF were 20 times better then spirit..but times change style change what can ya do.....

i'll agree that the crowd def was much better in the factory days, but as for the music i don't think it's a matter of better or not, it's just different. i used to love when he spun hard at factory, but a lot of times in between the good he would throw in a few hours of filler, and who wants to sit through that. the fact that he doesn't spin for two days straight def helped him out i think. he expanded on his selection these days too, some stuff that he spins at spirit i would have never thought he would ever drop if he kept with his factory style.

they could def improve on the door policy though, the crowd in there could and should be better.

the music and crowd at SF were 20 times better then spirit..but times change style change what can ya do.....

i'll agree that the crowd def was much better in the factory days, but as for the music i don't think it's a matter of better or not, it's just different. i used to love when he spun hard at factory, but a lot of times in between the good he would throw in a few hours of filler, and who wants to sit through that. the fact that he doesn't spin for two days straight def helped him out i think. he expanded on his selection these days too, some stuff that he spins at spirit i would have never thought he would ever drop if he kept with his factory style.

they could def improve on the door policy though, the crowd in there could and should be better.

definetly....for a while i had it stuck in my head that spirit sucked and jp sucked..but i just had to get used to the change...nothin lasts forever...ill admit i didnt start goin to sf till 2000 and i had a ball when i went but i always had the older generation tellin me it sucked and it went down hill in 00...and i couldnt understand it..but that was all i knew...just like the spirit generation..i look at these kids there and they have such a good time and think spirits the shit...but people have to realize they have nothing to compare it too..its all they know..so let them be...thats just how i feel