Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Spirit every other Saturday?

actually dude, i think boris is gone on saturdays and they are back to random dj's spinning on saturday nights... boris did the disco after hours this weekend and david waxman was spinning at crobar on saturday night... so... i'd like to hear from a legit crobar promoter to see what the deal is over there... i dont anticipate boris leaving to cause a problem for crobar... i dont think people were going there for boris... i think people were going there for the crowd..

I think you are absolutely right. The crowd at Crobar is great on Saturdays. The music is OK at best, but the crowd makes the Crobar Saturday party.

definetly....for a while i had it stuck in my head that spirit sucked and jp sucked..but i just had to get used to the change...nothin lasts forever...ill admit i didnt start goin to sf till 2000 and i had a ball when i went but i always had the older generation tellin me it sucked and it went down hill in 00...and i couldnt understand it..but that was all i knew...just like the spirit generation..i look at these kids there and they have such a good time and think spirits the shit...but people have to realize they have nothing to compare it too..its all they know..so let them be...thats just how i feel

nicely put!! good to see someone not so serious about everything and is about the music and knows how to enjoy herself!

the music and crowd at SF were 20 times better then spirit..but times change style change what can ya do.....

in what way?

more juice, less body hair?

there's a reason that richard went to jail and a bunch of staff members got arrested.

can people please stop confusing drug induced hazes with "vibe" - thanks.

this is such a crock of shit.

when did you do more drugs?

3-4 yrs ago at sf or now at spirit,( wich is purple and admittedly disneylandish?)

its the same freaking dj that has played every friday for the last 6 yrs or so- he even plays alot of the same tracks, why even bother with the baseless argument.

you grew up a little. bottom line.

i used to love pvd - he's the same, so is his crowd, but im getting old and dont hallucinate on the reg., so yes now those types of parties seem like dog shit to me.

but its cus ive changed and so has everyone else that is now 26 -30 hoping that a new twilo/vinyl/sf will open.

shit aint happening though, right?

Ya what was up with JP two Saturdays ago? I don't know how else to say it other than he looks like shit! He doesn't look like anything from his flyers. Hair is long now and he put on a few pounds. Oh well I still think he drops good beats and had a fun time! :) Maybe they will change his booth around so you can actually see him spin rather than standing on your tippy toes tryin to get a peek.

Ya aboslutely right. I'm always in the VIP room and his hair is out of control. But who cares??? I LOVE HIS MUSIC. If anyone knows where I can get his tracks please tell me. thanks

in what way?

there's a reason that richard went to jail and a bunch of staff members got arrested.

3-4 yrs ago at sf or now at spirit,( wich is purple and admittedly disneylandish?)

its the same freaking dj that has played every friday for the last 6 yrs or so- he even plays alot of the same tracks, why even bother with the baseless argument.

i used to love pvd - he's the same, so is his crowd, but im getting old and dont hallucinate on the reg., so yes now those types of parties seem like dog shit to me.

but its cus ive changed and so has everyone else that is now 26 -30 hoping that a new twilo/vinyl/sf will open.

Disneylandish? The crowd at spirit is just younger...but they still do the same amount of drugs. When was the last time you went? And yes, I wish VINYL was here. Now that was a club.

in what way?

im not hopin anything reopens im not dwelling on anything...ITS DONE ITS OVER.......u cant tell me shit hasnt changed..its not only a matter of me growing up...no afterhours..music style always changes and always will...if parties seem shitty to u because u dont do as much drugs as u used to then u have problems..u shouldnt have to do a massive amount of drugs to have a good time

im not hopin anything reopens im not dwelling on anything...ITS DONE ITS OVER.......u cant tell me shit hasnt changed..its not only a matter of me growing up...no afterhours..music style always changes and always will...if parties seem shitty to u because u dont do as much drugs as u used to then u have problems..u shouldnt have to do a massive amount of drugs to have a good time

right.

but you miss 24 hr sets at sf.

youre probably a straightshooter. :gang:

if you dont do drugs, why do you miss the afterhours?

7:30- 8 am isnt good enough. you must drink alot of redull.

and yes music styles havechanged, jp's not too much.

right.

I MISS SF PERIOD...JUST LIKE IM SURE PEOPLE MISS VINLY..PEOPLE MISS TWILO ETC...WHO SAID I DONT DO DRUGS..IM SAYING I CAN GO TO A CLUB AND ENJOY MYSELF WITHOUT DOING THEM..AND IF U NEED DRUGS TO ENJOY URSELF U HAVE PROBLEMS..PERIOD

actually dude, i think boris is gone on saturdays and they are back to random dj's spinning on saturday nights... boris did the disco after hours this weekend and david waxman was spinning at crobar on saturday night... so... i'd like to hear from a legit crobar promoter to see what the deal is over there... i dont anticipate boris leaving to cause a problem for crobar... i dont think people were going there for boris... i think people were going there for the crowd..

You're wrong..... Boris is still a resident @ Crobar, he's playing there every other saturday as a metter effect he'll be spinning there this saturday

right.

CATFIGHT!!!!! meow.....

ok i got that out fo my system...

people who go to afterhours on a regular basis definitely have to do drugs... redbull can only take you so far... once 10am hits you're gonna need other substances to keep you up... coke, speed, dmt etc. etc. the human body can only go so long before it crashes... if you can go to a party for 24 hours... then you can kiss the next 48 after that goodbye... and quite frankly if you're partying to the point where your body shuts itself down for 18-20 hours you have issues... why do you need to party so hard?? is life outside of parties really THAT bad??

You're wrong..... Boris is still a resident @ Crobar, he's playing there every other saturday as a metter effect he'll be spinning there this saturday

noone asked you NEWBIE!!! just kidding... yeah i wasnt sure of boris' residency status... i actually started a thread after that post to find out what his schedule was like, even though i think he is one of the most boring dj's i've ever listened to...

note: i didnt actually say he left.... i said i think he left.. :pint:

noone asked you NEWBIE!!! just kidding... yeah i wasnt sure of boris' residency status... i actually started a thread after that post to find out what his schedule was like, even though i think he is one of the most boring dj's i've ever listened to...

the only reason i don't have a lot of posts is because i actually have a LIFE so i don't spend most of my time posting on message boards.

i happenned to be friends with boris and one of the owners of crobar so i know what the deal is..... just answered the question :rolleyes:

the only reason i don't have a lot of posts is because i actually have a LIFE so i don't spend most of my time posting on message boards.

i happenned to be friends with boris and one of the owners of crobar so i know what the deal is..... just answered the question :rolleyes:

I'm glad.. Please send boris a message from me. Tell him its from Luz the queen of mean. If I wanted to listen to noise I would walk to my nearest road construction crew and tell them to run the jackhammer next to my ears. Thank you kind lady.

:half:

CATFIGHT!!!!! meow.....

ok i got that out fo my system...

people who go to afterhours on a regular basis definitely have to do drugs... redbull can only take you so far... once 10am hits you're gonna need other substances to keep you up... coke, speed, dmt etc. etc. the human body can only go so long before it crashes... if you can go to a party for 24 hours... then you can kiss the next 48 after that goodbye... and quite frankly if you're partying to the point where your body shuts itself down for 18-20 hours you have issues... why do you need to party so hard?? is life outside of parties really THAT bad??

I don't normally agree with you cause I'm not supposed to but thumbs up on this post freak.

:half:

im not disagreeing with u guys at all...many people who stay for afterhours do do drugs..BUT AS FAR AS THIS 24HOUR BULLSHIT...sf didnt start pushing 24 hours until really 03..yea once and a while it would go 24 hours for big themes..anniversary parties etc....on a regualr night it would close around 12-2ish.....but the majority of the crowd there WAS NOT AT A CLUB SATURDAY NIGHT.......many people including myself..would be in bed saturday nite...wake up on a sunday morning and go...keep in my SF reopened its BAR at 12 noon ....

after reading this

my point was that u shouldnt have to do drugs to enjoy a party..i didnt mention anything about 24 HOUR SETS....i was tryin to say that if someone is ur fav DJ and u can enjoy listening to him without drugs...YOU HAVE PROBLEMS

they are actually spending money to build him a booth? HOW ABOUT USING THAT CASH TO BUILD SOME NICE BARS AND GIVING ME A BEER IN A GLASS INSTEAD OF A PAPER CUP! just whwn i think spirit might be worth going to again(like bringing back junior, finally) they make a decision to build jp a booth. that club is doomed. no doubt. i just wish crobar would buy it and make it an extension of their club. out one door right into the other. it would be great. oh well, with business decisions such as that one it wont be long anyway. :type:

first off if you go to spirit to enjoy the bar scene and sip on a beer then you are there for the wrong reason, go to the local pub down the street for that, i think you're at the wrong place

:rofl::rofl::rofl: