Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crobar,what a club! :o)

ixis

Would you like to hear UK Trance, Hard House & Nu-NRG in a club in New York?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to hear UK Trance, Hard House & Nu-NRG in a club in New York?

• Yes
    • No

My first time in New York and i decided to go clubbing. Decided to give Crobar a go after reading some good reviews on this forum.

Im from th UK and have never been to a club like this in the UK (not yet anyway!).

What an absolutley amazing looking club :biggrin:

I emailed ahead and managed to get myself guestlist. Got inside, gave my coat to the cloakroom and proceded downstairs. Those light boxes on the way down were cool and the bars going from floor to ceiling were interesting!!

Then the main room opened :biggrin:

What a huge room!! The lights were wicked, the way they came down, then went back up, the massive video screens with the VJ were very cool.

I had brought along a demo cd of mixes that i had performed on www.deckstruction.net. I wasnt allowed upstairs to give the cd to David Waxman, so gave it to one of the bouncers. I hope he has given the cd to David!! Just incase he didnt, I sent one in the post!!!

Will be going back to Crobar next week (saturday 22nd) when im back in New York for a week, lets see how good DJ Boris is!!

Altho the club was open till 5am, I left about 2:30am after running out of cigarettes!! And after walking around New York for most of the day and having a little jetlag, my legs werent upto much dancing!!

If anyone would be interested in hearing my mixes, drop me an email with your address and zip code and i`ll post you a cd when i return to NY.

Also, if your a club owner or promoter who would like to hear some UK trance, hard house & Nu-Nrg in your club,venue or night, let me know and i`ll bring some vinyl over and play for you. I would play for free cos of this `work permit` thing, but we could sort something out as a substitute for payment.

Hope to hear from you club owners & promoters.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing DJ Boris,

Untill next time....

IXIS

:biggrin:

Im from th UK and have never been to a club like this in the UK (not yet anyway!).

Try Shindig/Foundation in Newcastle, Sankey's in Manchester, Air/Godskitchen in Birmingham, Fabric in London, Back2Basics/Mint Club in Leeds, among others. Better clubs, imo.

Crobar is an awesome club .. if not for the talented DJs they bring regularly, then for the nice crowd, amazing staff, short lines, and great decored club ..

i met some english men on Sat ... may be we met mr. ixis ..

i will check your mixes my man and let u know how it is ..

peace

the MASK

last sat was a lot of english men there

met couple of them

Crobar is an awesome club .. if not for the talented DJs they bring regularly, then for the nice crowd, amazing staff, short lines, and great decored club ..

i met some english men on Sat ... may be we met mr. ixis ..

i will check your mixes my man and let u know how it is ..

peace

the MASK