Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Markus Schulz/Nu NRG @ Spirit, Fri 2/18

Markus is....laid back trance. I don't know of many other dj's that sound like him. He's mellow.

Nu-Nrg is very fast trance, similar to PvD but with more riffs and less vocals.

Thanks for the info... I see that if I woulda read from the beginning of the thread I wouldn't have had to ask again...lol... good descriptions though.

I like the idea of some prog material, then mellow stuff, then hyperspeed furious tazmanian devil style tunes :hat: Gonna go all out comfy tonight with the sneaks :hat:

Being that it took you a few days to reply....I will give it to you, and admit that must have a life.

On that note, lets end this private chat between you and I, and let the rest of the people on this thread speak their mind and discuss "Markus Schulz/Nu NRG @ Spirit, Fri 2/18".

Remember, the thread?

:):):):)

is this a match made in heaven or what???

I hope all you trance lovers were at Spirit last nite! It was a great nite, one of the best in a while. NU NRG tore it up for 90 minutes, and Shulz also rocked. They just kept on playing song after song of great uplifting trance! It definitely seemed that most people there were having a great time, I constantly heard people saying that the music they were hearing was some of the best in a long time. All in all, just awesome.

Anyone else attend??

I wanna know what y'all thought of Markus. :pint:

1st time seein Markus & nuNRG and LOVED them...esp Markus!

Got there at 11:30 and Jason Jollins was already spinnin some nice nice tunes...I'd say prog trance/house? I was tellin everyone his set reminded me of SASHA...nice chill and funkeh tunes...was wondering if he was gonna upstage Markus...lol...very good track selection... I highly recommend him if you like prog :rock:

Was dancin to JJ's set and chatting with everyone up in the booth and asked some guy "Hey, you havin a good time?" "Yeah" he says... I said "What's your name? I'm Kim..." "Markus." "Oh! lol...it's a pleasure to meet ya!" Then Jason passed it over to Markus and WOW...blew me away... I musta looked like I had so much fun dancin up there bc I got pulled into the DJ booth to get some pics taken. Of course, good tunes make me move and I loved them. Yes, I was the crazy stupid girl dancin and boppin my head behind Markus. Thanks to everyone for the descriptions of his style! Truly melodic and uplifting without being cheezy like the trance I was getting tired of...i.e. anthem/epic trance. I almost forgot how good trance can be. Hit the floor and Markus spun trance WITH BREAKBEATS!!!! Ackkhhhh... I was LOVIN it...how often do you hear that?!? :bounce::bounce: Rest of the set involved close-your-eyes-and-get-down moments. Def a DJ I'd check out again. I believe he's spinnin @ Ultra too.

NuNRG was the rapid-fire, energetic tunes everyone described as well...really enjoyed their live performance too. They looked like they were havin a blast. For some reason, I can't really describe their tunes...all I know is that I liked them as well, danced like a nut, and would check them out again. I think they're spinnin @ Ultra as well?

Markus came back on and dropped some mega heavy-basslined material that sounded awesome on Spirit's system...it was a lil techno? Anyway, all in all, the floor was packed...everyone was on the floor dancin havin a good time and not on the balcony ;)

Anyone else attend??

I wanna know what y'all thought of Markus. :pint:

Well, what did you think? Or anyone else?

that's the ONLY way to go PARTY!!

BTW; I have some Schulz and NuNRG live sets....if we meet up before I can play them in my PCR-mobile LOL

Heyyy... now I know what your name stands for!

PCR = Polymerase Chain Reaction

You DORKKKK.... :laugh:

(Yayyyy.... my 1000th post....hehe...)

I must disagree with you Kim. I thought Markus' 1st session was just OK...but the second time, after NuNRG, it was cheese...boring, same cheesy trance.

Maybe if I was driving around in my car or cleaning my place I wouldn't mind it...but in a club...phew, that music almost put me to sleep.

NuNRG were really good, great vibe too, a lot of energy, music that gets you high...and I mean music alone ;)

PS: PCR, in my case, doesn't stand for polymerase chain reaction.... :tongue:

1st time seein Markus & nuNRG and LOVED them...esp Markus!

Got there at 11:30 and Jason Jollins was already spinnin some nice nice tunes...I'd say prog trance/house? I was tellin everyone his set reminded me of SASHA...nice chill and funkeh tunes...was wondering if he was gonna upstage Markus...lol...very good track selection... I highly recommend him if you like prog :rock:

Was dancin to JJ's set and chatting with everyone up in the booth and asked some guy "Hey, you havin a good time?" "Yeah" he says... I said "What's your name? I'm Kim..." "Markus." "Oh! lol...it's a pleasure to meet ya!" Then Jason passed it over to Markus and WOW...blew me away... I musta looked like I had so much fun dancin up there bc I got pulled into the DJ booth to get some pics taken. Of course, good tunes make me move and I loved them. Yes, I was the crazy stupid girl dancin and boppin my head behind Markus. Thanks to everyone for the descriptions of his style! Truly melodic and uplifting without being cheezy like the trance I was getting tired of...i.e. anthem/epic trance. I almost forgot how good trance can be. Hit the floor and Markus spun trance WITH BREAKBEATS!!!! Ackkhhhh... I was LOVIN it...how often do you hear that?!? :bounce::bounce: Rest of the set involved close-your-eyes-and-get-down moments. Def a DJ I'd check out again. I believe he's spinnin @ Ultra too.

NuNRG was the rapid-fire, energetic tunes everyone described as well...really enjoyed their live performance too. They looked like they were havin a blast. For some reason, I can't really describe their tunes...all I know is that I liked them as well, danced like a nut, and would check them out again. I think they're spinnin @ Ultra as well?

Markus came back on and dropped some mega heavy-basslined material that sounded awesome on Spirit's system...it was a lil techno? Anyway, all in all, the floor was packed...everyone was on the floor dancin havin a good time and not on the balcony ;)

Sorry i didn't make it last friday. Will i be seeing you down in Miami?! I just got my Ultra tickets from Satellite last week. i can't wait!!! one more month!

First post...

Kim's right.. .overall the night was a blast, markus and nu-nrg and JJ threw it down...

But the second time Markus came on, I just coudln't get into it... everything sounded the same -- just the same beat over and over.. it didn't get heavy at any point, and it didn't get any lighter.

Oh well, good night overall.

BTW, nu-nrg... :bowdown:

Sorry i didn't make it last friday. Will i be seeing you down in Miami?! I just got my Ultra tickets from Satellite last week. i can't wait!!! one more month!

Yeah, we missed you! Eh, I know you're busy with classes anyway... if you haven't seen them before though, make sure you catch them next time they're in town. Oh wait, you'll catch them @ Ultra!! :bounce:

Are you going to that afterparty at the arena for Sasha & Digweed?

Anyway, I dunno if I'm goin yet! I'm bein indecisive :)

I must disagree with you Kim. I thought Markus' 1st session was just OK...but the second time, after NuNRG, it was cheese...boring, same cheesy trance.

Maybe if I was driving around in my car or cleaning my place I wouldn't mind it...but in a club...phew, that music almost put me to sleep.

NuNRG were really good, great vibe too, a lot of energy, music that gets you high...and I mean music alone ;)

PS: PCR, in my case, doesn't stand for polymerase chain reaction.... :tongue:

Markus' first set rocked... punk!!! :tongue:

His 2nd set was fun at first, but yeah, it did get a lil "eh" and yes, u DID FALL ASLEEP... :zzz: and that's when I decided to wake you up to leave... LOL...

What's PCR stand for then??