Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hot 97 Tsunami song

Well whats intresting is when Star did the Aaliyah plane crash bit Miss Jones was in the studio with Star and walked out because she found that audio offensive. Another added note, in August of 1993 Funkmaster Flex made a comment about how Asians cant drive cause there eyes are slanted and he got 2 weeks suspension ..lets see how Emis Communications handles this one

Yeah hot 97 is crazy.. i don't know how they thought they weren't going to get in trouble for it..

I don't remember people making songs about the twin towers falling,

They just have no heart.. Then you got smart ass ms jones.. I don't care i don't care.. People are protesting . I don't care..

I really really can't stand your attitude Ms jones..

You get what you get.

They definitely made the right decision...check this out...

Statement from WQHT-FM, HOT 97

New York City - Miss Jones and the HOT 97 Morning team have been indefinitely suspended for the airing of a song that made light of a catastrophic event, as well as comments made at the time the song was aired.

Earlier this week, Miss Jones said on the air "I apologize to all who have been offended by my poor decision to go along with playing that insulting (to say the least) Tsunami song. I should have known better and I didn't. So I'm sorry and hopefully we can move forward from this, or I can move forward from this being a better hostess, because I am better than that, and I know better than that -- and you deserve better radio than that."

While Miss Jones has apologized on the air, in the media and on the HOT 97 website, station management felt that stronger action was necessary to demonstrate the s*****ty of the situation.

Emmis Radio and HOT 97 will not tolerate such derogatory and racially insensitive content. This incident in no way reflects the spirit of HOT 97. The station has a long-time and well-known reputation for community involvement and support.

Emmis Radio President Rick Cummings said, "What happened is morally and socially indefensible. All involved, myself included, are ashamed and deeply sorry. I know the members of the morning show are truly contrite. They know their actions here are inexcusable."

We would like to clarify that no company advertising on our station had any connection to the Tsunami Song and no company advertising on our station endorsed or sponsored the offensive material aired on the "Miss Jones in the Morning" show. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have caused listeners to believe that anyone, other than the morning show staff, was responsible for the material that should not have been aired

They definitely made the right decision...check this out...

Statement from WQHT-FM, HOT 97

New York City - Miss Jones and the HOT 97 Morning team have been indefinitely suspended for the airing of a song that made light of a catastrophic event, as well as comments made at the time the song was aired.

Earlier this week, Miss Jones said on the air "I apologize to all who have been offended by my poor decision to go along with playing that insulting (to say the least) Tsunami song. I should have known better and I didn't. So I'm sorry and hopefully we can move forward from this, or I can move forward from this being a better hostess, because I am better than that, and I know better than that -- and you deserve better radio than that."

While Miss Jones has apologized on the air, in the media and on the HOT 97 website, station management felt that stronger action was necessary to demonstrate the s*****ty of the situation.

Emmis Radio and HOT 97 will not tolerate such derogatory and racially insensitive content. This incident in no way reflects the spirit of HOT 97. The station has a long-time and well-known reputation for community involvement and support.

Emmis Radio President Rick Cummings said, "What happened is morally and socially indefensible. All involved, myself included, are ashamed and deeply sorry. I know the members of the morning show are truly contrite. They know their actions here are inexcusable."

We would like to clarify that no company advertising on our station had any connection to the Tsunami Song and no company advertising on our station endorsed or sponsored the offensive material aired on the "Miss Jones in the Morning" show. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have caused listeners to believe that anyone, other than the morning show staff, was responsible for the material that should not have been aired

those suspended should donate their next few paychecks to those affected by the tsunami

When latin star Selena got shot...Howard Stern played her biggest hit with sound effects of bullets being shot...back at the time the whole mexican community was outraged, but noone got suspended.

Anyone who doesn't understand the seriousness of the Tsunami has to be a dumbass and has no business working in front of an open michrophone...the problem with the communications industry is that is filled with ignorant bastards and it does reflect on the quality of the bullshit that fills our airwaves day after day...

fucking idiots!

no suspension...I'd ban their asses for life... :mad:

ok this may be starting trouble here but i just want people to think....

imagine what these same people, who put out this tsunami song, would say if some white dudes on z100 made a song about a killer tsunami that killed 175000 africans in just say niger or some shit... im sure it wouldn't be pretty...

That's f*cking bullsh*t. we got it harder than anyone does. i'm asian and all and i never really associate with other asians, but i know when sh*ts been done to the extent. But when it comes to other races, it's so wrong. nobody cares bout the asian community

Yes Howard did start the trend of playing Sound Effects of how the person died behind thier music. When John Denver died he played a plane crash. As much as it is wrong it is also funny (I think it is). It is NOT making fun of them it is just a sound effect.

Anyway, I never heard this song but looking at the words I did some of it funny. Well just "You can heard god laughing, swim you b*tches swim."

Before you all start to jump down my throat, I do know that this was a tragedy. I do know the seriousness of what is going on. But I have a weird sense of Humor

If any of you have listened to Miss Jones in the morning you would realize that this is nothing new.. they've been slinging out racial, crude comments for quite some time now, I'm surprised it took so long for them to get some kind of repremanding. I guess making an actual song was the final straw.

if i am not mistaken, one of the seven that was fired was Rick Delgado, the former producer of the opie and anthony show, and he was one of the singers of that song...you would think the owners of hot 97 would have known they were getting one of the ppl who designed the "sex for sam" promo that got o&a fired in the first place...

call miss jones....the mastermind behind the song...and voice your opinions.....

aka

tarsha jones

212 229-9797 x665 work

212 581-0622 home

or visit her at home at

90 Amsterdam Ave

New York, NY 10023-7437

haha tsunami that miss jones.....

You must really hate the lady, why would u post her personal info? :confused:

call miss jones....the mastermind behind the song...and voice your opinions.....

aka

tarsha jones

212 229-9797 x665 work

212 581-0622 home

or visit her at home at

90 Amsterdam Ave

New York, NY 10023-7437

haha tsunami that miss jones.....

...there's no need for that....really dumb on your part