Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how much are u paying for car insurance?

i have a brand new bmw and i pay $350/month for car insurance i've had 3 accidents and 5 ticksts in past 3 years i live in queens. for those of you with full cover insurance with relatively newer cars please share how much u are paying for car insurance and where u live.

<--thinking of moving to nj

that really isn't that bad

since you got into all those accidents...

I drive a 93 explorer, I also have the same amount of accident and if the insurance was under my name with my insurance Co. I would be paying basically the same.

now paying 900 a year under my fathers name for full coverage...

(what insurance Co. are you using?)

------------------

smallacidhousedone2.jpg

i had a 93 ford taurus and was paying $2900 dollars a year just for liability i have 2 accidents and 8 points. i like to drive a little fast. I think NJ has the highest insurance rates it the country> Really does suck cause i want to get a new truck but full coverage is gonna cost me a fortune. cwm10.gif

------------------

IM TALENTED YES IM GIFTED NEVER BOOSTED NEVER SHOPLIFTED

AOL J303J

i have a 93 lesabre and i pay $1600 on my own name for miniumum coverage, can you say rip off, and i have a perfect record(knock on wood) thats with allstate

------------------

TWILO'S WACK !!!! Sorry guys it is

"TO EACH HIS OWN" not sure by who but i like it

"dont be affraid to walk out on anything in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat coming from around the corner" Robert Deniro

AIM:msoprano13

Email:msoprano13@yahoo.com

chick.gif

Fuck it....I don't pay insurance anymore. I gave up on it a year ago.

No need to pay for it.....just have three different licenses and never drive the car that is registered in the licensed name.

Seriously....I don't pay anymore. The last I knew it was 1800/yr for a Pontiac TransAm in NY, last year.

------------------

JDogg

opelblitzcopy.gif

"Jesus Tap Dancing Christ,

I've never seen anything so

juvenile in my life."

- Mr. Garrison

Joisey is more expensive for car insurance due to the state mandated ins. regualtions. that's why a bunch of the bullshit-discount insurance companies (like Geico, for instance) do not offer insurance in NJ. Not being in the insurance industry, I don't know the particulars, but suffice it to say Jersey insurance will likely be higher than NY Metro insurace...especially if you haven't got a clean record.

And last time I checked, my insurance would be $3865/year for *liability only* in NY Metro.

------------------

Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Work, work, work. Hello boys, have a good night's rest, I missed you. -- Gov. William J. Le Petomane (Blazing Saddles)

Originally posted by entrepreneur:

i have a brand new bmw and i pay $350/month for car insurance i've had 3 accidents and 5 ticksts in past 3 years i live in queens. for those of you with full cover insurance with relatively newer cars please share how much u are paying for car insurance and where u live.

<--thinking of moving to nj

bro...NJ is the highest rated car insurance state!

------------------

"A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT!" --Me

"Day is gone I'm on my back, Staring up at the ceiling I take a drink sit back- relax, Smoke my mind! makes me feel better for a short time. What I want is what I've not got, What I need is all around me"

"Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world i feel i can't take it. and i feel like my heart is gonna cave in" -American Beauty

K and Erm...there is only one thing to say that will express my feelings about you guys......HAAAAAABUUUURRRBB

No Pleasure, No Rapture, No Exquisite Sin Greater....Than Central Air. - Dogma

"I can walk in straight lines, within my own crooked world" -a drunken Aramis Ponte

love.jpg

pheonix co under travelers insurance.

Originally posted by gonzojournilist:

that really isn't that bad

since you got into all those accidents...

I drive a 93 explorer, I also have the same amount of accident and if the insurance was under my name with my insurance Co. I would be paying basically the same.

now paying 900 a year under my fathers name for full coverage...

(what insurance Co. are you using?)

Well I am picking up my new car tomorrow. a 2000 cougar and my insurance on that is going to be around 2400 with no accidents or points. I am on my own policy though. its sick. thats what iget for living in jersey. cwm14.gif

------------------

~As long as you live and high you fly the smiles you give and tears you cry is all your life will ever be~

~Dream as if you will live forever, live like you will die tomorrow~ ~* Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

AOL ~~ XOJust2cute4uXO

WEll...i did some bargaining with my insurance companyy....basically threatening them to move my parents 3 cars and house off the company if they didnt give me a better rate on my 94 Lexus SC300..so i pay 2200 a year but it can be as high as 4500 if i live in other parts of the state or not on my parents policy if i werent in college..

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

-Bom.

i had geico at about $2000 a year for maximum coverage - then switched to The Hartford through some deal that Ford was offering (I have a 98 Explorer) and now I pay $1400 a year for full coverage with even higher limits than when I was Geico. I did also turn 25, so I did get a discount for that...

It pays to have a clean license, that's all I know.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

1600 a year just for liablilty on a bmw 7 series, which might be justifiable considering the car and i dont have a perfect record.

was thinking of getting a new mercedes or lexus, but the insurance guy quoted me 6000/year for full coverage. flock no!!! i'll wait till everything falls off my record and then get a new one.

my only advice, spend 200 bucks and get a radar detector. speeding tickets kill you!!!

wow, i'm getting away cheap.....approx. 1200 a year for full coverage on a 95 vw golf. i did just get a speeding ticket but i overpaid the ticket by four dollars and didn't cash the refund check. someone gave me that tip and so far it's worked b/c it hasn't shown up on my insurance yet, knock on wood. yep, nj is a rip-off for car insurance and guys get screwed in particular!!!

------------------

jumpdei.gif Boink like a bunny!!!

I drive a 1997 Intrepid. I pay $1800 a year for full coverage w/ 1 ticket but I took safe driving class (insurance reduction/point reduction). I have $500 deductable. I'm 25 not married, I feel that rate is a little high. Even with the ticket.

Liabilty is always going to be the same if you drive a beat up Yugo or a $90,000 car. The type of car will not affect your liabilty insurance. It will however affect the other catagories

[This message has been edited by lowmazda (edited 11-27-2000).]

Archived