Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Random questions from a WMC Newbie...

Hello Everyone...

I have been a lurker for some time, but have checked this board more and more of the late...

Basically, I am absolutely stoked for me and my wifes first trip to the WMC. We did Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza two summers ago and got a tremendous amount of help from various forums in regards to questions - so any help is appreciated. Also, I haven't seen any "WMC newbie" threads, so hopefully, I am not the only one. Anyway, here goes...

1) We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Is it fairly easy (and not too pricey) to get a shuttle to Miami? Does it take long? Are we the only people doing it?

2) Staying @ the Essex Hotel on Collins. Any1 stay there? Is it in a good spot?

3) Do day parties require tickets? Do all clubs? Are lines a factor?

4) Are clubs/lounges open all night? Is there something to do at all am/pm time frames during the wmc?

5) I like to dress "up" rather than "down" when out at night - do all clubs/lounges have different dress codes? Or does it change because of the wmc event crowd?

6) Is Nikki Beach having a party on Friday? Is that place as cool as I have heard?

7) We seem to meet tons of people and new friends whenever we go on these trips of daubachery - is the WMC crowd pretty cool? Snobfest? Guidofest?

8) Any things to avoid? Any suggestions?

I know these are kinda random questions, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks all!

:dj:

:party:

hope this helps

1) We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Is it fairly easy (and not too pricey) to get a shuttle to Miami? Does it take long? Are we the only people doing it?

yes very easy about 15$ takes about 30 minutes to the hotel door. tons of people do it.

if its walking distance to the clubs then it is a good spot.

day parties are usually open and free no ticket needed. Huge events might be sold out but for regular clubs just show up somewhat early and hang out. lines are only a factor for huge events.

4) Are clubs/lounges open all night? Is there something to do at all am/pm time frames during the wmc?

there is so much to do i would worry more about getting enough sleep not enough party lol

5) I like to dress "up" rather than "down" when out at night - do all clubs/lounges have different dress codes? Or does it change because of the wmc event crowd?

most clubs drop the dress code for wmc. but since you like to dress up it can only work to your advantage.

6) Is Nikki Beach having a party on Friday? Is that place as cool as I have heard?

i believe so and yes it is glorious

7) We seem to meet tons of people and new friends whenever we go on these trips of daubachery - is the WMC crowd pretty cool? Snobfest? Guidofest?

depends on the party i have met more people at day parties and walking around than in a club .

8) Any things to avoid? watch the sun burn. Any suggestions?

hmm use common sense and keep checking this board. Usually it gets hit with all the new info right away

you will have a great time. closest thing to ibiza i've ever come across. cheers

:pint::pint::pint:

Hello Everyone...

I have been a lurker for some time, but have checked this board more and more of the late...

Basically, I am absolutely stoked for me and my wifes first trip to the WMC. We did Barcelona/Madrid/Ibiza two summers ago and got a tremendous amount of help from various forums in regards to questions - so any help is appreciated. Also, I haven't seen any "WMC newbie" threads, so hopefully, I am not the only one. Anyway, here goes...

8) Any things to avoid? Any suggestions?

I know these are kinda random questions, but any help is appreciated!

Thanks all!

:dj:

:party:

you wil have the time of your life, alot of cool parties to go to from moring to afterhours... :bounce:

#! do not buy a wmc pass

#2 register www.m3masterlist.com

#3 make all plans with clubs before you get there guestlist/ect

#4 get plenty of sleep the week before you go

#5 make sure you stay on the strip of south beach main drag

#6 make sure no matter waht to get vip for ultra festival

If you are a promoter/dj go ahead and email the promoter throwing the party at that particular club on that giving night. Most clubs during the confernce will not allow any guestlist for the whole week.

If you have anymore questions hit me up this weekend

Eric Smith

Purple Cow Productions

Director of Promotions

cell 1-513-293-5896

bengals041@yahoo.com

another good idea is to take a day off before going back to work (or school or whatever) you will need the extra rest before facing the real world again.

AMEN... :bowdown:

I would almost suggest two days for some.

Day off...I took entire week off after and am relaxing on the beach 70 miles north of Miami. Sweet thing is I only had to take 7 days vacation from 3/23 to 4/3. Good Friday is a holiday at my work.

Still have 13 days of vacation left for the rest of the year. :party:

hope this helps

yes very easy about 15$ takes about 30 minutes to the hotel door. tons of people do it.

if its walking distance to the clubs then it is a good spot.

day parties are usually open and free no ticket needed. Huge events might be sold out but for regular clubs just show up somewhat early and hang out. lines are only a factor for huge events.

there is so much to do i would worry more about getting enough sleep not enough party lol

most clubs drop the dress code for wmc. but since you like to dress up it can only work to your advantage.

i believe so and yes it is glorious

depends on the party i have met more people at day parties and walking around than in a club .

8) Any things to avoid? watch the sun burn. Any suggestions?

hmm use common sense and keep checking this board. Usually it gets hit with all the new info right away

you will have a great time. closest thing to ibiza i've ever come across. cheers

:pint::pint::pint:

Good info man! I can't wait to see eastcoastbabes shake her thang too! :bounce:

"Working out hard and eating right......MIAMI BABY!"

:pint: