Clubplanet Nightlife Community

OMG...Avalon what are you doing on Friday Nights? Drapper he is still a DJ? Why......

mdc78

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so then expain the banner ad if you happen to "work" there....???

There is nothing to explain.......Blank and Jones will spin that night.......Draper will be there either spinning early, or just hanginout and the other dude will spin right before Blank and Jones will go on. It happens every week!

Eddie Lee is always announced at Sat night resident...but does NOT always spin.

lol, I miss CP in 2002. This topic would have been way out of hand by this point. Draper doesn't really play that hard stuff anymore from what I hear. A lot of tribal and NYC style house.

A lot of the hate the guy used to get was a bandwagon thing. I'll tell you one thing...no one pakced Exit like he used to in 2001, 2002. Good times.

There is nothing to explain.......Blank and Jones will spin that night.......Draper will be there either spinning early, or just hanginout and the other dude will spin right before Blank and Jones will go on. It happens every week!

Eddie Lee is always announced at Sat night resident...but does NOT always spin.

I'm still a resident at Avalon. I used to play there on both fridays and saturdays but that ended quite some time ago (I believe it was last August) and now I'm only playing on saturdays. I'm juggling an EXTREMELY hectic schedule and although I WISH I could play more often, I just don't have the time.

There's no reason to bash a DJ or say "he sucks" b/c you don't like the style of music. Tony has a unique sound and certainly knows how to work a room or else he wouldn't have a job. I've been bashed on this board myself for being a "boring DJ" but that's just my style. I think my strength is that I'm an extremely versatile DJ that can open the club for anyone. I've opened for everyone on both ends of the spectrum from guys like Tiesto and Ferry Corsten to Derrick Carter and Mark Farina. But Tony plays has a very tough, tribal sound that works on many levels as well. Avalon is a room with a great history and in my opinion, we bring in some amazing talent. And I also think we have a very talented team of residents as well.

Eddie Lee

Well Listen, if you look all over the world, Miami, Europe, Brazil, Visious doesnt spin neither does Draper. Think about it...Look at the Winter Music Conference.... That week exploites the best DJ's in the world and the best music the nightlife has to offer.....IS Visious or Draper even spinning there...I dont even think they are invited...

Visious is a hasbeen...period

Now limelight is one of the most legendary clubs in the world......why would avaon discrase it by having residents there who cant get a gig at the WMC?

Its a waste of money i rather stay home and listen to KTU or watch paint dry

so basically, ur saying that if u dont spin at the WMC ur nobody??? wow... u really have no clue about what EDM is really about.

I mean this is NYC, supposed to be the best clubsceen in the world and 1 of the top 3 venues in NYC, I mena Limelight is legendary!!! And the best you can do is Drapper? I was goign to go hear that too, then I saw along with Drapper and I was like ugh fuck that. Arent openers very diso housy and play alot of pecussionary sounds. Wait till they meet the opener for limelight they will never play there again.

since when is nyc the best club scene in the world?

i don't know if you are aware of a continent called europe, and the fact that many great dj's don't even come to the states, because it is not the best club scene in the world

as to your bitching about a house dj, every club has one, and if you don't like him, go there on another night

one more thing, they changed the name to Avalon

:type:

I'm still a resident at Avalon. I used to play there on both fridays and saturdays but that ended quite some time ago (I believe it was last August) and now I'm only playing on saturdays. I'm juggling an EXTREMELY hectic schedule and although I WISH I could play more often, I just don't have the time.

There's no reason to bash a DJ or say "he sucks" b/c you don't like the style of music. Tony has a unique sound and certainly knows how to work a room or else he wouldn't have a job. I've been bashed on this board myself for being a "boring DJ" but that's just my style. I think my strength is that I'm an extremely versatile DJ that can open the club for anyone. I've opened for everyone on both ends of the spectrum from guys like Tiesto and Ferry Corsten to Derrick Carter and Mark Farina. But Tony plays has a very tough, tribal sound that works on many levels as well. Avalon is a room with a great history and in my opinion, we bring in some amazing talent. And I also think we have a very talented team of residents as well.

Eddie Lee

Thank you for responding....People can be so rude. You do your thang...I dance to you EVERY Saturday night and I couldnt ask for a better or more generous venue to work at!

Eddie Lee

Eddie . glad to see u around kid .. always enjoyed your music .. keep doing what u do best man .. i will come by and say hi when i make it to avalon ..

peace

Eddie Lee

yo, keep it up dude. I've been to Avalon many a night where you closed and was never dissapointed.

since when is nyc the best club scene in the world?

i don't know if you are aware of a continent called europe, and the fact that many great dj's don't even come to the states, because it is not the best club scene in the world

as to your bitching about a house dj, every club has one, and if you don't like him, go there on another night

one more thing, they changed the name to Avalon

:type:

:bowdown::bowdown:

awwwweeeee you speak my mind

you coming for Pete Tong and Sandra Collins ?