Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Old Soundfactory Space reopening???

victor calderone had this to say on his site ..

I'm also excited to report that a new residency here in NYC may not be far away. I've been in talks for a while now with a few local clubs about doing a monthly Saturday night party. Watch this space for details as soon as they are finalized.

anyone consider this a possibility?

Victor was saying that like 2 years ago...blah blah blah

yeah those are penciled in, unless she has looked liked the Wolfman b4 she waxed

That's a classic. You know, I've been said to look like Maria Callas, but never the Wolfman. That's a first! Sadly, I don't think most people would agree with you, my dear. I would expect more camaraderie from the people of this board. But then again, there will always be haters out there :)

God bless, be safe, and take care!

are you complimenting yourself~!? lol

I was being sarcastic. However, if I did compliment myself, what would be the wrong in that? Sadly, there are not enough people in this world (at least the ones I've encountered) that have a healthy dose of confidence and faith in themselves; I am not one of those people and will not allow anyone to let me believe otherwise. With that stated, I hope I have answered your question :)

Adios!

I'll bet this guy is pretty excited.......

DSC02951.jpg

I dunno how many hits this guy was on when he thought of putting a name of a club on the back of his neck, but the sadder part is he's def not ashamed of it cause "after all this time" he's still takin pics of it.. Ithink whats even more funny is the expression on the guys face who's holding down his shirt... he's like "yeah bro check this shit out, hot right?"

Does ANYONE know anything about that? Supposedly the owners of Discotheque are taking over, but not reopening with the Soundfactory name. Could be someone else opening the space. Anybody wanna enlighten me a bit?

OK here's the deal (i'm not trying to be one of those "reliable sources" :) just wanna help out people who really wanna know). SF opens up in march april tops. The new owners (Yes they also own Disco) wanna keep the name but nobody knows yet if the government will let them. Anyway SF, or whatever they choose to call it, the space on 46th st will reopen very soon. Exacta and Boris will have a permanent residency there. Erick will play there whenever he comes to NY. The only problem is that they won't do afterhours. At least not in the beginning, so don't get too excited

PS JP will not be playing there. I heard he's been begging the new owners to hire him but they refused

OK here's the deal (i'm not trying to be one of those "reliable sources" :) just wanna help out people who really wanna know). SF opens up in march april tops. The new owners (Yes they also own Disco) wanna keep the name but nobody knows yet if the government will let them. Anyway SF, or whatever they choose to call it, the space on 46th st will reopen very soon. Exacta and Boris will have a permanent residency there. Erick will play there whenever he comes to NY. The only problem is that they won't do afterhours. At least not in the beginning, so don't get too excited

PS JP will not be playing there. I heard he's been begging the new owners to hire him but they refused

Thanks for the info. Appreciated!

lmao how many fuckin times are people going to reply with the same answers worded differently......

There was an article in the daily news with some info about SF...

New club's tooling up at Sound Factory

It was only last April that authorities closed the Sound Factory after two patrons died of drug overdoses and undercover cops discovered rampant drug dealing in a nationally publicized raid.

Now Lowdown hears that nightclub impresario Eddie Dean has signed a long-term lease to reopen the 30,000-square-foot, four-story venue.

"We have nothing to do with anything remotely connected with what went on there," Dean told Lowdown. "We take those things very seriously and we take every precaution that's necessary."

The 40-year-old Dean, who owns Star Bar and Discotheque, was hesitant to divulge many details about the still-unnamed Hell's Kitchen nightspot.

But he said: "If everything breaks right, we're hoping for a May/June opening. A lot of good people are involved, and we'll have strategic partners in terms of branding and marketing. Even from an investing perspective, we're going to have some high-profile investors."

But isn't New York oversaturated with flash-in-the-pan nightspots?

"The recent openings of some of these big clubs have jump-started the scene," Dean insisted. "We feel the timing is great right now for a new large club. These other clubs - Crobar, Avalon, Spirit - have done a great job in bringing a clientele to the city that hadn't been coming here."

While Dean promised a "major overhaul" of the Sound Factory space, he hasn't yet picked an interior architect. Lowdown hears that one of the top candidates is Steve Lewis, who designed trendy downtown nightspots Marquee and Butter.

Never mind that the superclub accommodates 2,600 people. "The thing about the space is that it's intimate," Dean insisted.

And, he hopes, not snake-bit.