Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you could choose only two clubs...

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are going to be NYC for a weekend in April. Looks like we're spoiled for choice when it comes to nightclubs. We'll only have time to visit two I think. If you could only go to two nightclubs in NYC, what would they be? Any clubs you would advise against going to? We're both 25 and into all sorts of music. The music isn't really important - just the crowd and the atmosphere.

Aside, I've been looking at the Photos on this site. I had no idea NY girls were so damn hot (evidence below)! I must get out of New Mexico before I reach 27!

:love2:

3njly

Fig 1: Luckiest guy in the city.

http://photos.clubplanet.com/data/853/191278Dscn00611-med.jpg

First: check this site (or time out new york) if a big night is happening anywhere, you don't want to be in the wrong club at the wrong time. catching an event will make all the difference.

having said that, there's some constants:

- cielo

- crobar

- spirit?

given unlimited funds,why not hit more than 1 club per night:

friday: cielo earlier & crobar later (3am)

saturday: spirit & discotheque afterhours?

of course this is just my humble opinion, other will join in and you'll make up your mind. good luck.

ps: i'd recoment time out anyway for they list quality events for movies/art/books/ you name it.

All sorts of good shit goin down in April. I would mark these dates down on your calendar and try and hit at least one of them up. You won't be disappointed:

4/1 Sasha & Digweed @ Crobar

4/15 Paul Van Dyk @ Crobar

4/22 Sander Kleinenberg @ Crobar

4/29 Danny Howells @ Spirit

def check out crobar, it's by far the biggest and nicest looking venue in the city. very impressive even when i first walked into that place. you won't be disappointed.

i would generally stay away from afterhours spots unless you're really into the music or like hanging out with lots of crackheads.

good luck and have fun!

What will the line/wait be for the Paul Van Dyk performance? Is it something I should get tickets for now?

Definately buy your tickets in advance and get to the club early to avoid waiting in a really long line. Not sure if they're available just yet, but keep checking around.

I've never really had the energy for afterhours, overdose. The clubs back home in Glasgow would shut at 3am, and when I worked in Geneva, they were open until... well, they never closed. When I was 18 (arguably bursting with energy), 3/4am was lights out time. Might give it a miss... not too fond of :gang:crackheads either...

I think I'll definitely check out Crobar on the Saturday. Hopefully, there'll be a few more posts tomorrow to help me decide what other one to visit.

lucky13 - is that a picture of you in your signature? Are you resident DJ somewhere? Where should I keep my eyes peeled for tickets? The Crobar web site is pretty tough to navigate through...

Thanks again for your replies and good night!

Hey guys,

My girlfriend and I are going to be NYC for a weekend in April. Looks like we're spoiled for choice when it comes to nightclubs. We'll only have time to visit two I think. If you could only go to two nightclubs in NYC, what would they be? Any clubs you would advise against going to? We're both 25 and into all sorts of music. The music isn't really important - just the crowd and the atmosphere.

Aside, I've been looking at the Photos on this site. I had no idea NY girls were so damn hot (evidence below)! I must get out of New Mexico before I reach 27!

:love2:

3njly

Fig 1: Luckiest guy in the city.

http://photos.clubplanet.com/data/853/191278Dscn00611-med.jpg

that's a nice nipple shot!!!!

but PVD in NYC... you cant miss it... hopefully you'll be here that week..

dont forget about all the bars too... nyc has a pretty decent bar scene and it's not a bad place to get some dinner and pregame before hitting a lounge before you hit the club for later on in the night... im not a big fan of lounges so i would just say head straight to the clubs from dinner/bar

The meat packing district seems like your bag. There are hundreds of women walking around all decked out. There must be something like 20 clubs in that neighbor hood and their all in walking distance from each other. Here are a few of the clubs in the neighbor hood: Cielo, Aer, Apt, Lotus they are all models and bottles.