Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP no longer @ Spirit!!!!

it's gonna be intesting to see what becomes of spirit now. they seem to be in pretty good position to start competing more heavily with crobar and bringing in bigger names more often now that sat night is left open.

it was definitely a good move to replace the system in there, i like the new one. interesting to see what will happen. esp with factory coming back soon, wonder who's gonna come out on top.

But i will say personally not a fan of him at all anymore since 98, but will say he does deserve credit not as an international worldwide legend. But just a local NYC dj whose crowd was from the outer boroughs and were faithful devotees.

just a question, you are 25 yrs old, so in 98 u were 18, now you said in some post if im not mistaken that you started going out in 98....u said u dont like JP past 98 ( when he started sf - late 97) so how would you know how he was before 98? ( when he was spinning @ Mirage aka Exit ) how can you speak on something that you never experienced aka JP pre 98......

just a question, you are 25 yrs old, so in 98 u were 18, now you said in some post if im not mistaken that you started going out in 98....u said u dont like JP past 98 ( when he started sf - late 97) so how would you know how he was before 98? ( when he was spinning @ Mirage aka Exit ) how can you speak on something that you never experienced aka JP pre 98......

I wanna know how he's been a fan of Morales since 1990 - he would have been 10...I use to go to Joeys on teen night when I was 14 and use to worry that they wouldnt let me in cause I look so young

HERE YOU GO KIDDIES, luckily ive been into hosue music since 1989, thanks in part to my cousin and bro who were djs. Being in an apt with people spinnin music tha you like naturally gives you a curiousity to it. So lil by lil i was taught what djs wee makign ro palyign what. As well as parties them and their friends were goin to i would hear reviews abouta s well. I was also the only kid in junior h.s. hearing house music and carrying mix tapes of it while most people heard hip hop rap. The record collection in my house is about 5000 deep, 2000cds and a shitload of tapes from the 80s n 90s. First club i ever stepped foot into was EXPO in 1995. Jp productions were good stuff even my bro played them as well. As for morales and other dj/producer who i know about comes thru my education in my house. So this is why i tell ya ive been a fan of house music for 15yrs not that ive gone to clubs for 15yrs dont be mistaken.

JP was insane at SAVE THE ROBOTS. :bounce:

I wanna know how he's been a fan of Morales since 1990 - he would have been 10...I use to go to Joeys on teen night when I was 14 and use to worry that they wouldnt let me in cause I look so young

LOL - exactly what I was thinking. From the sounds of it Silverbull is about 60 and started the whole scene!

Nice response though Silverbull, I can appreciate that you have always been into the music, it's just that sometimes it comes across as if you have been going out for the last 20 years, but have hated any dj that has changed his style in the last 5 years.........

HERE YOU GO KIDDIES, luckily ive been into hosue music since 1989, thanks in part to my cousin and bro who were djs. Being in an apt with people spinnin music tha you like naturally gives you a curiousity to it. So lil by lil i was taught what djs wee makign ro palyign what. As well as parties them and their friends were goin to i would hear reviews abouta s well. I was also the only kid in junior h.s. hearing house music and carrying mix tapes of it while most people heard hip hop rap. The record collection in my house is about 5000 deep, 2000cds and a shitload of tapes from the 80s n 90s. First club i ever stepped foot into was EXPO in 1995. Jp productions were good stuff even my bro played them as well. As for morales and other dj/producer who i know about comes thru my education in my house. So this is why i tell ya ive been a fan of house music for 15yrs not that ive gone to clubs for 15yrs dont be mistaken.

Nice response....been in the club scene at the age of 18, now at the age of 42....lotta years... I still enjoy it.Paradise Garage mother of all clubs.

hey i do have a very very big heart for the scene indeed, from personal experience and from education thru books ive read as well. And i will admit sometimes my words come out wrong. But i cant help it, seems i do it everywhere in my life, with my g/f ,at work, talking to friends.Hopefully when im 60 i can still dance with a cane or crutches hehe.

hey i do have a very very big heart for the scene indeed, from personal experience and from education thru books ive read as well. And i will admit sometimes my words come out wrong. But i cant help it, seems i do it everywhere in my life, with my g/f ,at work, talking to friends.Hopefully when im 60 i can still dance with a cane or crutches hehe.

Party on...oh by the way....no canes or crutches allowed...lol.

Playing the 20th anniversary Trax records 3 cd set.......woohoo!

I fucking AGREEE.

This fucking SALVADOREAN Shorty... He IS FUCKING GOD TO MUSIC.

i hate this fucking SILVERShorty shut the Fuck up already SHORTY

yOU SOUND like you know your shit.

enough ALREADY YOU FUCKING MORON.

grow UP.. literally GROW ANOTHER 4 FEET.

shut the fuck up YOU PUNK SALVADOREAN BLACK OUTFIT ALL YEAR AROUND

YOU CAN'T DANCE SHIT.

I remember you were asking for money and comps for JP BIRTHDAY here on the board. Search and read it again.

You clearly asked. If anyone want to pay for you then you will consider going. Remember SALVADOREAN SHORTY PIECE OF SHIT.

enough already YOU FUCKING SHORTY SALVADOREÑO PEDAZO DE MIERDA PENDEJO HIJO DE LA GRAN PUTA QUE TE PARIO IDIOTA MALPARIDO.

HIJO DE MIERDA SHORTY MY ASS.

CALLATE YA ABURRISTE PENDEJO.

YA

I fucking AGREEE.

YOU CAN'T DANCE SHIT.

I remember you were asking for money and comps for JP BIRTHDAY here on the board. Search and read it again.

You clearly asked. If anyone want to pay for you then you will consider going. Remember SALVADOREAN SHORTY PIECE OF SHIT.

enough already YOU FUCKING SHORTY SALVADOREÑO PEDAZO DE MIERDA PENDEJO HIJO DE LA GRAN PUTA QUE TE PARIO IDIOTA MALPARIDO.

YA

damn I think you need to shut the F up and take a chill pill...what a fucker looser you are....go hit the punching bag to get your frustration out..

See what I mean? Your really got an ATTITTUDE problem bro! "Kiddies" ? Im 24 yrs old, you are only a year older then me, so I guess your a "kiddie " too then, oh and U havent been in the scene for that much longer then me "Kiddie" . And my point exactly - You never been listening to JP before he jumped to SF, you just heard what people would tell you about him - your brother, cuzin , and his cuzins brother in law -WHATEVER! Sounds kinda ignorant judging a DJ of before/ now or whatever by never even experiencing him yourself numerous times, just relying on a word of mouth? In that case I totally understand how you are now when you speak about Paradise Garage and DJ's from the 80's like you been there, done that - but in actuality you just hear what people WHO REALLY LIVED IT tell you , and you " Kiddie" listen and then speak as if you king it first hand because you lived it, right....

Oh hey I heard from my cuzins brother in law who is a DJ, that Tony Draper is amazing - Must be so!

Humble down a little!

I fucking AGREEE.

YOU CAN'T DANCE SHIT.

YA

:ghey::huh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from peter

Hi Everyone,

First of all I want to apologize to all of you who were at Roxy last Saturday to hear me play that you had to experience first hand the unfortunate circumstance that occurred.

After being a resident deejay at Roxy for almost 6 years I am sorry to inform you that I decided to leave for good.

As much as I enjoyed playing for all of you, I can no longer accept the unfair treatment I received on a regular basis by promoter John Blair.

I've reached my limit with all his lies, shade, threats, disrespect and phoniness towards me AND my loyal fans.

No deejay in the world at any level in their career should have to feel forced to accept Blair's unprofessional attitude and behavior.

I am not the first Roxy deejay to experience this and I certainly won't be the last.

I will not compromise my artistic integrety anymore because of Blairs ego.

Now for the good news.

I am very excited to announce my new monthly SATURDAY NIGHT residency.

The party will be called "WORK" and it will be held at Club SPIRIT (NYC's most legendary space formerly known as Twilo).

My kick-off party will be on Saturday, March 12th and trust it will be a night to remember.

Further details will follow in the next days.

I want to thank each one of you who emailed me in the last couple of days to show me your love and support.

Thank You and see You all at "WORK" on March 12th.

Peter R.