Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's clubhoppin noche en review (Players, WAREHOUSE, Space)

Bling

Players

first of all, great to see such a good turnout of TA's and Cper's in attendance. though the nite got kinda messed up with the set times as it ended at 2 everyone used their hour wisely and dropped some nasty shit

arturo-what happened? lol no progressive styled markus set ?

arturo banged it out

mrmiami-threw down a sick breaky set

the sets of the nite go to doug and eric

Doug-doug threw that shit down nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

didnt want his set to end. just good and nasty trance

grooveeric-eric took it up even more droppin some old skool trance that had me dancin my ass of for a while

good times

WAREHOUSE-DANNY TENAGLIA

ill review it for cj but i must say........ the club had some bad technical issues at first with the lights but once that was resolved it was pretty good

bad parts

1) lights issues at first

2) men to women ratio (mostly guys)

good parts

1) dt's set really hard to id a few im sure phil would have gotten that andrew and I could not id.

2) dt played some diva house not much but mostly DARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AND TRIBALLY NASTY UNDERGROUND HOUSE (he played just like the club looked

darkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

CLUB SPACE

wanted to see the changes

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK. THE NEW MIRROR DOWNSTAIRS BTW HIP HOP AND MAIN ROOM IS SICK.

I love how it was decorated for the ORIGINS party . very well done. looked like a lot of work went into it with the net over the main room and (autumn motiff with little leaves)

the patio/roof looked GREATTTTTTTTT . LOVE THE DJ BOOTH IN THE CENTER NOW. THE PATIO JUST LOOKS BIGGER!!! now with the placement of the hut in the center

love how they have a lifted area around it . great spot for pics

cedric was banging it out a bit harder then ive heard for patio sets. inside a friend of cedric's was throwin it down

the place was packed as always.(even on a residents nite) more so then warehouse even.. main room was pretty full at 630 am

patio had a good amount of people too. oh IT WAS FREEZZZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGGG

peace

WAREHOUSE-DANNY TENAGLIA

but mostly DARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AND TRIBALLY NASTY UNDERGROUND HOUSE (he played just like the club looked

darkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

peace

that is the shit i'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWAH!

come bring me gifts of pizza and sushi so i can finish my papers and come out to play :(

A little explanation re: the lights -the light guy worked 13 hrs straight before the club even opened...he had to leave for 45 mins to shower & eat something before starting the next shift. Put on a program & two minutes after he left someone f-cked it up - shut everything down but the strobes...no one knew what to do. :( He put in about 100 hours over the past 2 weeks working on WH lights so didn't want anyone to start hatin on him!

I didn't mean u hon :) Just doing some damage control - someone started hatin on him last Danny party yet didn't realize the entire set of lights and equipment hadn't been bought/fixed/replaced/tweaked/set up yet....sucks b/c he put in a TON of work at the very last minute and people blame him for all the drama thats got nothing to do w him :)

glad u had a good night :) havent been on here in a long time nice to see some familiar names

Players

first of all, great to see such a good turnout of TA's and Cper's in attendance. though the nite got kinda messed up with the set times as it ended at 2 everyone used their hour wisely and dropped some nasty shit

arturo-what happened? lol no progressive styled markus set ?

arturo banged it out

mrmiami-threw down a sick breaky set

the sets of the nite go to doug and eric

Doug-doug threw that shit down nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

didnt want his set to end. just good and nasty trance

grooveeric-eric took it up even more droppin some old skool trance that had me dancin my ass of for a while

good times

WAREHOUSE-DANNY TENAGLIA

ill review it for cj but i must say........ the club had some bad technical issues at first with the lights but once that was resolved it was pretty good

bad parts

1) lights issues at first

2) men to women ratio (mostly guys)

good parts

1) dt's set really hard to id a few im sure phil would have gotten that andrew and I could not id.

2) dt played some diva house not much but mostly DARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK AND TRIBALLY NASTY UNDERGROUND HOUSE (he played just like the club looked

darkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

CLUB SPACE

wanted to see the changes

I LOVE THE NEW LOOK. THE NEW MIRROR DOWNSTAIRS BTW HIP HOP AND MAIN ROOM IS SICK.

I love how it was decorated for the ORIGINS party . very well done. looked like a lot of work went into it with the net over the main room and (autumn motiff with little leaves)

the patio/roof looked GREATTTTTTTTT . LOVE THE DJ BOOTH IN THE CENTER NOW. THE PATIO JUST LOOKS BIGGER!!! now with the placement of the hut in the center

love how they have a lifted area around it . great spot for pics

cedric was banging it out a bit harder then ive heard for patio sets. inside a friend of cedric's was throwin it down

the place was packed as always.(even on a residents nite) more so then warehouse even.. main room was pretty full at 630 am

patio had a good amount of people too. oh IT WAS FREEZZZZZZZZZZINGGGGGGGGGG

peace

Thanks for the good review bling......glad u liked the set......

A little explanation re: the lights -the light guy worked 13 hrs straight before the club even opened...he had to leave for 45 mins to shower & eat something before starting the next shift. Put on a program & two minutes after he left someone f-cked it up - shut everything down but the strobes...no one knew what to do. :( He put in about 100 hours over the past 2 weeks working on WH lights so didn't want anyone to start hatin on him!

Not for nothing, but if someone spends 100 hours working on something and still can't get it right...get someone else, look for lighting technicians on the yellow pages...they're starving because now...everyone does everything...

Still, I feel for you guys...running a club with sucky lights is a bitch, making a place look like a club without the right lighting...a bitch and 1/2

:)

Ohhh sooo enough!!! I dunno if Miami can handle us chgo girls, lol :grin3:

I'm sure we can. I don't know if you all can handle us though. :)

I'll probably be up there another 2 or 3 times this year.

4.21 - Speedy J @ Smartbar

4.22 - Mistress Barbara @ Soundbar

very tempting.

"Not for nothing, but if someone spends 100 hours working on something and still can't get it right...get someone else"

Thats not what the situation was though - random people completely f-ked up the lighting board when the LT wasnt even IN the club. He left it on a program, they took the program off by mistake and not one person could fix it --- he had to rush back and get it working again. (That has nothing to do with what was done prior to the opening)

Also - you are limited by what the owners want to spend and what they approve in what time frame. Their decisions affect the end result. The hired help can only do so much, if the owner(s) dont want to spend the $ or the time to do it right, and on time....the LT was suggesting for MONTHS to make these changes, and only the last week or two did they even START to think about it. IT STILL is not finished completely to this day - because it got approved so late - not b/c any of the workers did anything wrong or dont know enough...Actually, most other people in this area either didnt know enough or charged 5x as much for the work, that they wouldnt have gotten done as quickly. Yes there are tons of lighting people- but most fall in those categories and thats why they arent working :)

sorry just had to thrown in a lil explanation :)

"Not for nothing, but if someone spends 100 hours working on something and still can't get it right...get someone else"

Thats not what the situation was though - random people completely f-ked up the lighting board when the LT wasnt even IN the club. He left it on a program, they took the program off by mistake and not one person could fix it --- he had to rush back and get it working again. (That has nothing to do with what was done prior to the opening)

Also - you are limited by what the owners want to spend and what they approve in what time frame. Their decisions affect the end result. The hired help can only do so much, if the owner(s) dont want to spend the $ or the time to do it right, and on time....the LT was suggesting for MONTHS to make these changes, and only the last week or two did they even START to think about it. IT STILL is not finished completely to this day - because it got approved so late - not b/c any of the workers did anything wrong or dont know enough...Actually, most other people in this area either didnt know enough or charged 5x as much for the work, that they wouldnt have gotten done as quickly. Yes there are tons of lighting people- but most fall in those categories and thats why they arent working :)

Are you sure it wasn't one of Louis Pig's henchmen that sabotaged it? :D

I'm sure we can. I don't know if you all can handle us though. :)

I'll probably be up there another 2 or 3 times this year.

4.21 - Speedy J @ Smartbar

4.22 - Mistress Barbara @ Soundbar

very tempting.

Ohhhh I was born ready ;-P I'm sure we will be able 2 handle just about anything you guys can dish out...

Soundbar is awesome, luv that place...Especially, when I heard BBB and Steve throw down, good times :)

you have to come to Chicago more often

3.11: James Zabiela @ Soundbar

3.11: Carlos D of Interpol @ Smartbar

3.12: Hernan Cattaneo, Kyle Szmurlo @ Vision

3.12: Hipp-E, Colette @ Smartbar

3.17: Andy C, Ed Rush, Optical, Red One, Shimon, MC GQ, MC Ryme Tyme @ Smartbar

3.18: Roger Sanchez @ Crobar

3.18: Nick Warren, Chris Walsh @ Soundbar

3.18: The New Deal @ Logan Square Auditorium

3.18: Jazzy Jeff @ Zentra

3.18: M.A.N.D.Y, DJ Heather, Greenskeepers Live @ Smartbar

3.18: Punisher @ Origin

3.19: Carl Cox, Mark Lewis @ Vision

3.19: Miles Maeda, Justin Long, Deron @ Smartbar

3.24: Echoplex, Andy Vaz, Warmdesk, Josh Werner, Dave Siska @ Smartbar

3.25: Sven Vath, Apocalypse @ Soundbar

3.25: Jazzanova, DJ Striz @ Smartbar

3.26: Dixon @ Smartbar

3.30: John Digweed, Luke Fair, Jay Prasad, Mili Sefic & James Lauer @ Soundbar

3.31: Boy George @ Smartbar

4.1: Chus & Cebellos @ Soundbar

4.1: Ian Pooley @ Smartbar

4.1: DJ SS, Grooverider, Shy FX, Influx UK & more @ Metro

4.2: Adam Beyer, T-1000, Gabriel Palomo @ Vision

4.2: Cari Lekebusch, Damian Lazarus @ Smartbar

4.8: Danny Howells, Nic Fanciulli @ Soundbar

4.8: Matthew Dear, Magda, Hieroglyphic Being, Marc Houle @ Smartbar

4.9: Colette @ Smartbar

4.9: Cosmic Gate, Erik K @ Vision

4.15: Stacy Pullen @ Smartbar

4.15: Dave Seaman, Luke Chable @ Soundbar

4.16: Frankie Bones, Terry Mullan, Paul Anthony @ Vision

4.16: Paul Van Dyk @ Riviera

4.16: Kenny Hawkes @ Smartbar

4.21: Speedy J, Tony Rohr, Gabriel Palomo & others @ Smartbar

4.22: Misstress Barbara @ Soundbar

4.22: Kaskade, Nick Nice @ Smartbar

4.23: Heather @ Smartbar

4.23: ATB, Kyle Szmurlo @ Vision

4.29: Space DJs, John Patterson, Apocalypse, Jack Kelly, Mani (live) @ Vision

4.29: Junkie XL live @ Soundbar

4.29: DJ Pierre, Verbos (Live) @ Smartbar

4.30: Bad Boy Bill @ Vision

4.30: Miles Maeda, Thomas Oakes @ Smartbar

5.6: Crystal Method (DJ set) @ Metro

5.6: Miguel Migs @ Smartbar

5.6: Miss Kittin, Timo Maas, Loco Dice @ Soundbar

5.7: DJ Dan & Christopher Lawrence @ Vision

5.13: Autechre, Rob Hall, snd @ Metro

5.13: Andy Caldwell @ Smartbar

5.13: Prefuse 73 @ Empty Bottle

5.14: Colette, J-Dub @ Smartbar

5.27: Juan Atkins @ Smartbar

6.10: Kaskade @ Smartbar

7.30: Kaskade @ Smartbar

Ohhhh I was born ready ;-P I'm sure we will be able 2 handle just about anything you guys can dish out...

Soundbar is awesome, luv that place...Especially, when I heard BBB and Steve throw down, good times :)

I went to soundbar the night steve was playing but there were some door issues so i went to smart bar and had a great time listening to justin long.

jeff mills made up for anything anyone else couldve played that weekedn though.

ill hit you up next time i go up though ;D

are you going to detroit for FUSE-In?

I went to soundbar the night steve was playing but there were some door issues so i went to smart bar and had a great time listening to justin long.

Awww sorry to hear about the door issues, definitely hit me up next time...My good friend has clout there...

Never been to Detroit....When is it???

How did ya like Justin - Ramon? I use to see him play just about every weekend for 6 years or so back home - he's come up big and pumps that acid jack shit! He'll be playing at our party Friday night for conference.

How did ya like Justin - Ramon? I use to see him play just about every weekend for 6 years or so back home - he's come up big and pumps that acid jack shit! He'll be playing at our party Friday night for conference.

he was fuckin wicked and i love smartbar .. those drinks were pretty damn heavy too .. grey goose and vodka in a pint glass? :)

:pint:

i can't wait to go back .. you guys got some good shit going on up there.

just waiting for another do not miss event .. richie or jeff or laurent would have my ass up there in an instant.