Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Armin van Buuren @ Spirit, Fri 3/18

spirit-0318-f.jpg

With trance undergoing its much-hyped third renaissance (if you believe it had ever died) the boy Buuren, widely credited with creating the blueprint track for the genre, "Blue Fear," at the tender age of 19, is at the forefront of the revolution to reclaim quality dance music.

Click below for $25 advance tickets.

http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=573856&REFID=clubp

Spirit

530 West 27th Street

(btw 10th & 11th Avenues)

Armin van Buuren celebrates the release of his new CD A STATE OF TRANCE 2005, a 2-CD collection of the biggest tunes in Armin's record box, including his newest single "Shivers", plus music and remixes from Gabriel & Dresden, Max Graham, Blank & Jones, Markus Schulz, Andy Moor, Remy, Kyau vs Albert and more!

Click below to pre-order your copy and have it before it hits stores on April 5!

http://209.35.63.211/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=URSR&Product_Code=UL+1283-2

goin to see him live for the first time... ive heard mixed reviews.

Don't worry Ronin... you're going to have a great time. The last 2 times, Armin has been pretty damn good.. and since this is his CD release party(I believe), I think that gives him incentive to drop an extra sick set.

Night started off nicely... Perry was rippin it... dance floor started to fill up... then armin came on. He was in the upstairs DJ booth as opposed to the low one in the front of the dance floor... I liked it better in the past when he would be right in the front b/c I felt I could connect to him better and you could see him going buckwild, etc...

started off nicely for the first 2 hours or so... then I think he fell apart somewhere ... I mean, the songs were still good, but it was just heavy bass... and that's all I could really hear.. I got bored of it. I think people felt the same as I did, as the dance floor started emptying out around 3:00 or so...

anyways, looking forward to CG!

armin did a great job...much darker set than the last time i heard him a year and a half ago at roxy. he spun some techno and was definitely gettin into it. spirit was really packed, i stayed upstairs and just watched until 4:00 when there was finally some space to move around downstairs. i miss crobar; they handle lines much more efficiently there.

He definitly played alot harder than usual i tohought it was a really good set ...as for the crowd holy shit people need to take a fuckin shower before going out the body order was so disgusting i almost threw up. As for the sound spirit def got a great sound system i would much rather of seen him at crobar again but it was still a really good night.

as for the crowd holy shit people need to take a fuckin shower before going out the body order was so disgusting i almost threw up.

Ugh! I noticed the same thing! Especially near the back near the smaller stage. I accidentally walked into that area and I swear I blacked out for a few seconds from that foul stench

did he drop ava mea - in the end?

nice track, hope to catch it sometime in Miami....

he opened with it. One of the main reasons I went was to see Perry O'Neil as well. Perry did an amazing job and we will definitely hear more from him in the states. Armin started off progressing and then hit a nice mini tech trance set that I of course loved. Song of the night was Jonas Steur - Castamara :bounce:

He definitly played alot harder than usual i tohought it was a really good set ...as for the crowd holy shit people need to take a fuckin shower before going out the body order was so disgusting i almost threw up. As for the sound spirit def got a great sound system i would much rather of seen him at crobar again but it was still a really good night.

seriously....they never heard of deoderant?!

the AC was on full-blast and the cold water wasn't turned on in the bathroom sink.

i had an okay time.....i've had better times w/ him before.

Thanks a lot. I just downloaded it off of djdownload.com. Its only 2 bucks for the song. pretty sweet.

I dont suppose anybody has track id's for perry o'neil either. I felt that his last 3 or 4 songs were awesome... I remember synergy - hello strings...that was his last track but the few before were awesome.

besides the songs that ronin said...does anyone know anymore songs that armin or perry played...they both spun great sets that night..id love to have more of the music they played...

P.S....where can i find a download for jonas steur - castamara??

thanks

besides the songs that ronin said...does anyone know anymore songs that armin or perry played...they both spun great sets that night..id love to have more of the music they played...

P.S....where can i find a download for jonas steur - castamara??

thanks

castamara is not out yet. buy the vinyl when it comes out ahha

www.estuera.com

Thanks a lot. I just downloaded it off of djdownload.com. Its only 2 bucks for the song. pretty sweet.

I dont suppose anybody has track id's for perry o'neil either. I felt that his last 3 or 4 songs were awesome... I remember synergy - hello strings...that was his last track but the few before were awesome.

second to last song was his remix of monday groove... also played late was his own mix of I feel Loved.