Clubplanet Nightlife Community

An Unprecedented 2-disc Dvd On Dance Music Culture Dvd/cd Release >>june 28

Cant Wait For The Dvd To Come Out , I Got The Email This Morning Confirming The Release Date. Gabe, When It Was Playing At The Quad On 13th Street, The Audience Gave Off Such An Incredible Vibe When Maestro Was Playing, Everyone There Was From The Paradise And Body And Soul Parties, It Was Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxaciousssssssssssss...lol

was sf or jonathan or other BIG nyc djs mentioned...

YES JONATHAN...omg JONATHAN....mmm lol

no sorry there was no JP or SF mentioned in the documentary lol , DT , nicky siano,frankie knuckles,louie vega,sven vath, and of course larry levan, theres more but i forgot the rest lol

If soundfactory was mentioned it wouldnt have been the jp 46st era. And on the premier the theater was an amazing room to be at. Even my ex g/f at the time who wasnt into any part of the culture was touched by the movie and crowds reaction and became a fan.

Saw this in the movie theater 3 times last yr. And this DOCUMENTARY shows you how it all got started from back inthe day of 1968 till present. And pretty soon another documentary will be coming out called THE UNUSUAL SUSPECTS.

So if this documentary covers all the clubs that existed in the city during the 60's and 70's does it cover clubs that existed in other cities during the same timeline too? Up to what decade does this documentary cover up to? I guess this is the ultimate documentary on how the club scene and house music got started... Right?

So if this documentary covers all the clubs that existed in the city during the 60's and 70's does it cover clubs that existed in other cities during the same timeline too? Up to what decade does this documentary cover up to? I guess this is the ultimate documentary on how the club scene and house music got started... Right?

maestro only covers nightlife in NYC , and focuses mostly on "paradise garage"........and as well as "the loft" parties.it shows how Larry Levan inspired the biggest names in house music today. check out the website and definitely buy a copy when it gets released. its an amzing documentary!!!!!!!!!!!

maestro only covers nightlife in NYC , and focuses mostly on "paradise garage"........and as well as "the loft" parties.it shows how Larry Levan inspired the biggest names in house music today. check out the website and definitely buy a copy when it gets released. its an amzing documentary!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds to me like a must have!! I'll probably end up getting this. Where will they be selling this? At any store? Did the "Paradise Garage" create the first afterhours scene in the city? Another documentary I would recommend is one on the SF. You can only get it from another poster on these boards.

It should be available at any store. As for the after hrs thingy thats been around since the mid 60s. For a complete history lesson check out this movie, the pump up the volume links i posted months ago, I suggest to read these books:

LOVE SAVES THE DAY A HISTOY OF AMERICAN DANCE CULTURE 1970-1979 ritten by TIM LAWRENCE is a comeplete history on the the early beggings. And part of the book AFER PARADISE 1980-1989 coming out soon, as well as KEEP ON DANCING MY LIFE AND THE PARADISE GARAGE written by MEL CHEREN. LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE by ?. And again i dont know the author at the moment YOU BETTER WORK.

It should be available at any store. As for the after hrs thingy thats been around since the mid 60s. For a complete history lesson check out this movie, the pump up the volume links i posted months ago, I suggest to read these books:

LOVE SAVES THE DAY A HISTOY OF AMERICAN DANCE CULTURE 1970-1979 ritten by TIM LAWRENCE is a comeplete history on the the early beggings. And part of the book AFER PARADISE 1980-1989 coming out soon, as well as KEEP ON DANCING MY LIFE AND THE PARADISE GARAGE written by MEL CHEREN. LAST NIGHT A DJ SAVED MY LIFE by ?. And again i dont know the author at the moment YOU BETTER WORK.

:bowdown::bowdown:

• 1 month later...