Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats the longest you have gone without sleep.

a-ron

I slept like shit last night an I was wondering whats the longest people here have gone without sleep. For me it was spring break last year. I was up about 105 hours (a little over 4 days). Before I passed out I was totally spaced out. But still felt better than I do today.

I've been up for four days straight... Last Semester the week before finals... Pulled 2 all nighters on wed and thursday, went to NYC on fri, and partyed all satur-day n night... went to bed on Sunday morning....

Damn!!! cwm31.gif Then I slept for 2 days straight!! hehehe I wish I could do that more often!! cwm35.gifcwm35.gif

------------------

Peace, Love & Twilo for Everyone!!!

Equaliser-01.gifSpeaker-02.gif

"That's the last time I ever do crystal meth, speed, heroin, pot, 12 cookies' worth of acid, ether, ecstacy, and cocaine in a four- hour period.

Or was that just Tranceport?"

at least 4 or 5 days around graduation during summer of senior year

-Rob

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

I've spent 36 hours partying and probably would have gone longer if it weren't for that extra cap of G. Oops... well at least my friends watched me to make sure I was ok. But I dunno... for some reason my body really likes it's sleep. Weird though - if I get thru the 4am-6am window, I'm usually fine for a good while longer.

Originally posted by dzadza:

The longest CONTINUOUS period without sleep was from Monday morning to Friday night. I was working full time and writing my senior thesis. But my sophomore year I did something much, much worse... I averaged 3.5 hrs of sleep per day the whole semester. By the end of it I could sleep anywhere (class, cafeteria, work, car, etc.) in any imaginable posision (horizontal, vertival and everything in between). I had to literally sleep the whole summer to recover. And I don't drink coffee.

yea bro i hear that

i'm pullin the same shit

up at 530 to catch 630 train. class from 8-1045. subway to midtown get to work at 11. work til 530 w/ half hour lunch. back home after and get there around 7-730. eat dinner and hit the books for most of the night, usually sleeping anywhere from 2 to no more than 4 hours. fridays i have no class but am at work for an 8 hour day.

god i can't wait til the semester is over, oh wait actually i can, cuz then that means

TAX SEASON!!!

UGH

cwm25.gif

------------------

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use" -Soren Kierkegaard

"People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little." -Rousseau

"One must learn to be a sponge if one wants to be loved by hearts that overflow." -Frederich Neitzsche 2-Brandie&Rob-11

hmr3.gif

Originally posted by PFloyd40:

yea bro i hear that

i'm pullin the same shit

up at 530 to catch 630 train. class from 8-1045. subway to midtown get to work at 11. work til 530 w/ half hour lunch. back home after and get there around 7-730. eat dinner and hit the books for most of the night, usually sleeping anywhere from 2 to no more than 4 hours. fridays i have no class but am at work for an 8 hour day.

god i can't wait til the semester is over, oh wait actually i can, cuz then that means

TAX SEASON!!!

UGH

cwm25.gif

Pretty self-destructive behavior if think about it... Not healthy at all, especially if you do it for a fairly long time. I don't ever want to go there again. I looked like a walking zombie near the end. BTW, nice quotes wink.gif

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

Originally posted by resident:

By the way, I've read that chronic sleep deprivation only starts taking effect about 6 months after you start it (depriving). So it's a sneaky kind of a thing...

Yeap, the first couple of months go by ok, and I was thinking I can pull it indefinitely. But then later on you get into this semi-trancey state where you're half-sleep half-awake the whole time. And all the bones hurt... You start to fuck-up everything you're doing. And a good sleep won't help anymore. It takes several months to recover afterwards.

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

WOW....I'm seeing some crazy ass numbers. I thought I had a long streak of 36 hours. That was during New Years Eve last year(I was also totally sober) But wow...I had a big number! I gotta give you all props. I never partied for like days and days straight like that non-stop. Maybe when I go on vacation somewhere I could. I could tell you the most consecutive hours I slept was 21 hours. It was at college last year. My roommates thought I was dead... eventually they started counting down to 24 hours until I woke up..

------------------

Did you find your ecstacy???

E-mail: PrimeKMB2@aol.com

My worst was woke up Sunday morning didn't sleep again until Thursday night. Working 3 jobs and going to school at the same time suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm never doing that again unless it's cause I'm partying my ass off... cwm33.gifcwm33.gifcwm17.gif

------------------

Hugh

a.k.a. ibhugh, Bryan Adams

email: ibhugh@yahoo.com

aolim: hugesk8r

I just started school in the Electrical Engineering program at Georgia Tech....

i pull all nighters without second thought. Its the most unhealthy behavior im sure, but when theres work to do, theres not a whole lot you cand o. Especially if you want to be one of the 8% here who get As...seems to be a priority for me...and sleep is a priority over going out these days too...its interesting.

forgot to answer the question...

i had tests so i pulled 2 nights without sleep..went to see analog pussy the second night...had an encounter with my friend L.S.D....had friends over the next day and went to see digweed the following night...4 days total...not fun.

------------------

AIM:Turbo SC300

------

[This message has been edited by vj604 (edited 11-30-2000).]

Back in septemebr i was up at 8 am thursady morning (wed night frat party) and i finally got to sleep sunday at 4 am. I hit 2 parties one at limelite, danny at vinyl, and 10 hours at work on sat. I barely remember anything that whole weekend, except i almost fell asleep while driving which is scary as shit.

The longest CONTINUOUS period without sleep was from Monday morning to Friday night. I was working full time and writing my senior thesis. But my sophomore year I did something much, much worse... I averaged 3.5 hrs of sleep per day the whole semester. By the end of it I could sleep anywhere (class, cafeteria, work, car, etc.) in any imaginable posision (horizontal, vertival and everything in between). I had to literally sleep the whole summer to recover. And I don't drink coffee.

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

[This message has been edited by dzadza (edited 11-30-2000).]

4 days straight... >O.o< For the past month, I've been getting about 3-4 hours of sleep MAX per night. These papers and finals are killing me... but that's not going to stop me from going to Tunnel and Twilo the weekend after next... kitty19, think you might be up for it? cwm4.gif

------------------

The purpose of life? To die young as late as possible.

icon_happykittn.gificon_tarepanda.gificon_whip.gificon_hkstudy.gificon_sailormoon.gif