Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Webster Hall ceiling collapse?

hi all....

I'm trying to find out if there is any truth to the rumor that a ceiling collapsed in Webster Hall this past Thursday night, March 24th.

I can seem to find any news on the internet about it. If anyone knows anything or has a link, please post it.

Thanks

You probably have heard by now, but last night they evacuated 800 ppl out of Webster Hall due to the THREAT of a ceiling collapse and other building violations...I was there on Friday night and all seemed fine.

why would you go there?

as crazy as it sound, the club itself is nice...remind me of palladium for some reason...well, that roof situation is scary. the couple of times i was there i was always scared the first floor balcony would collapse (it was vibrating because of the bass).

now, it has to be said that the nights they have there are a complete joke, and a bad tourist trap at best.

many thanks to you for the link.

thanks to the rest of you for the help too.

I also want to thank my agent for believing in me all those years: john we made it!, all the people at club planet: you rock! thanks for everything, all the poster on this tread: without you none of this would have been possible....

Hello. Webster Hall's ceiling did not collapse.

The Fire Dept., the Dept of Buildings and every other city agency immediately authorized re-opening the venue. (The person calling 911 was apparently someone who had never experienced the pulsating sounds of a large nightclub.)

NEWSDAY

BY LUIS PEREZ AND HERBERT LOWE

STAFF WRITERS

City and fire officials said they have no reason to be concerned about the safety of the East Village nightclub where about 800 people were removed Saturday night.

People on the second floor were jumping up and down and moving to the music of rock band New Found Glory.

Firefighters responded and had everyone leave the building as a precaution.

"We cleared it out, we looked it over, and we determined it was safe to go back in the building," said firefighter Tim Hinchey, a spokesman for the Fire Department.

City Buildings Department records show the club has been cited with several violations in recent years, most of which were dismissed. A department spokeswoman said yesterday that no evidence of wrongdoing was found Saturday night.

Copyright © 2005, Newsday, Inc

I am glad that webster hall is starting to book real talent again like moby and possibly ATB??? I've had good times at webster hall back in the day and look forward to going there again. Im sick of having to go to crobar, spirit, or avalon to hear big name dj's. And to the people who called the city about a fake roof collapse........get a life!!!

Webster Hall is Fine

That night there were two parties going on: The Grand Ballroom (upstairs) had New Found Glory playing. In the Marlin Room (downstairs) The awesome 80's show. Later in the night once they realize that everything is okay they re-open webster hall doors. Plus webster hall is re-modeling the grand ballroom so it safe to say that there shouldn't no more fake alarms.

as crazy as it sound, the club itself is nice...remind me of palladium for some reason...well, that roof situation is scary. the couple of times i was there i was always scared the first floor balcony would collapse (it was vibrating because of the bass).

now, it has to be said that the nights they have there are a complete joke, and a bad tourist trap at best.

i agree webster hall reminds me of palladium when i used to go. soon after palladium closed, i used to frequent webster hall....but pallaidium was so much better miss those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!