Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's down for Cosmic Gate tonight?

WOW.

First off, props to Viscious Vic and Richie Neale for tearing up their openers. The highlight for me of the 2 was BLUE FEAR.

First off, I've never been to Webster hall. I heard all sorts of horrible things about it... grimey... weird crowd... and maybe that is true to some extent(especially when you first walk in) But I think the main ballroom was pretty decent. Not enough places to sit(at first I thought that the booths on the left side were VIP b/c there were so few chairs for such a large focking room. i was pleasantly suprised by the lasers and the lights and all that good stuff.

Then cosmic gate came on. Ok, so I haven't beeen goin out to trance clubs for that long(2 year anniversary of my first time, at arc, is this summer)... But let me tell you, HANDS down, this is the best set I've ever heard dropped by anyone. Better than Armin in December, which I regard as the standard. Until last night / this morning.

CG dropped a ton of their classics... Punkie...it was just non stop with all the great great tracks being dropped. Then, at the end, CG allowed people to go up and they signed whatever people brought up there. They were giving out some CDs(not sure what they were) and CG signed those too...

Overall, the quality of the night and my supplements were both INCREDIBLE. It was nonstop dancing from everyone for 7 hours. It wasn't crowded, as i predicted... partly b/c webster hall is trying to rebuild itself(literally ;))... and Sasha/digweed at crobar. tons of room to dance the whole night and it cleared out around 4.

Anyone know this guy on CP:stevemorales76(it's definetly steve, but the last name, i'm not sure of... if you're around, holla...

My overall score for the night: 15/10

glad you had a good time ...i must say myself last night was off the fucking meet rack...will post there next appearance as soon as its confirmed ..just want to thank everybody for coming out and making the night a huge sucsess...see u all next week...johan gielen...april 8th

WEbster Hall is still a shithole....same ashole bouncers, same fu..cked up kids all over the place.

Can't wait till they tear that place down....no wonder people have such a bad opinion about the place....

The last time I was at WH was some 5-6 yrs ago...and mind you.,,I am out almost every single Fri/Sat night.

First of all, the boucers / door people don't do their job

I've seen 3 Korean kids using the same ID to get in...right in front of the doormen...two girls and a guy...yeah...like they are checking the IDs...

Average age at that place must have been 18....

kids just aimlessly wondering around...drunk or spaced out on E/K whatever....

Not that this shit ain't happening at other clubs...but at WH - it was just too young of the crowd looking really bad.

Now music was good - CG were on point and I did enjoy thier set...but with all the BS - I just split after 4AM....couldn't take it anymore.

Webster hall definitely needs to do something about the crowd. Yesterday there were waaaayy too many 18 year olds and weird looking people. I was standing to the front of the ballroom next to the scene so i could better see the Dj booth and there were a whole (and i mean a whole) bunch of weird looking probably 40 year old asians who were drugged up so much that i thought they would pass out at some point. There are druggies in every club but these people were fucking shaking their heads, they would hold each other by the shoulders and would shake one another from one side to the other, and so on...seeing that just kills the whole night for me. CG played a top noch set. The music was definitely on the point all night long. The energy was there but the crowd killed it for me. I left at about 4 am.

Props for brining a great Dj duo to the city.

Thumbs down for the crowd and rude bouncers.

Hey, it was a start, we improved production and music quality...we will defininetly take everyones opinions into thought. Security will be revamped for future events. Thanks for coming out, and enjoying the music.

I thought the lighting was off the hook. Great job on that. Lots of bars all over the place....i dind't have a problem w/ the music quality either. Good shit...

Only thing I'd have to say is DO SOMETHING WITH THE LOBBY. looks like something from the adam's family...

funny how u 2 must be the only two people that left..cause the place was packed till 6 am...crowd looked fine to me....haters need not apply..ive been throwing shows and goingto them for 12 years ..and the vibe and lighting and sound was great....if you dont think so you dont belong there....also it was the first night things are only going to get inproved

I was standing to the front of the ballroom next to the scene so i could better see the Dj booth and there were a whole (and i mean a whole) bunch of weird looking probably 40 year old asians who were drugged up so much that i thought they would pass out at some point. There are druggies in every club but these people were fucking shaking their heads, they would hold each other by the shoulders and would shake one another from one side to the other, and so on...

LMAO...looks like they've found a new home... :3some:

i went and had a great time... cosmic gate was insane as was richie neale... nice hearing some classics

fast - transmission

lifestyle beam vs cyrus mix

and i cant even think of any others but pretty much every song was recognizable..

lighting was great, sound was improved, girls were looking pretty decent, guidos were at a minimum, stage dancers were awesome... all in all it was a surprisingly good night... the bouncers were respectable and friendly so im not really sure what venue anyone else want to.. wh has definitely upped their game a bit.. it's still not on a level with crobar but it's a good place to go if you're into trance on a friday night.. the strip show was a delightful surprise... wow, SOME girls are such whores... god bless this city...

yo wtf, that was me, why you gotta hate.....haha no just playing, yea he works for webster, i def wanna talk about getting him off the stage, looked like an ass. Def good point to bring up!

yeah it kinda took away from the hot ass bitches that were on stage... get that kid out of there... he was like trying to dance with them and shit too... that definitely takes away from the show...

Oh yeah, question, who was that skinny little white kid w/ the glowsticks that was on stage w/ the dancers? He made an ass out of himself........dropping his glowsticks and shit... n00b

if Silverbull was there, no way would that kid have been up on the stage with glowsticks

i actually know who thatguy is and he does suck with the lights.

well then someone should've called your ass up and told u to come down... i mean i give him credit for at least going up there and making an ass out of himself... but there was REALLY no need for him to be up there. I mean you have chicks up there w/ hardly any clothes on shakin their shit... then you have this skinny kid in a black tshirt waving glow sticks around....

:gang:

the only problem i had was the door policy, i waited online for about 45 mins, only to get to the frotn have have afew bouncers say NO SNEAKERS..then whn i said but were here to see cosmic gate..LOL it was suddenly easy ashell, i dont get it, but he said you better hope your ona guest list, and itson the other side, waitied over half hour, with all the mass confusomn on where to stand, and finalyl got in, for a while they were sayin no tickets no entrance, i learned to def get a ticket next time, even tho the kline process did suck,Im thinking that if i had a ticket and waited online they stil wouldnt have let me in with sneakers.

The main room lighting was insane, didnt see too many lazers tho, only at the very top. but I def cant wait for farehheight, and kai tracid.

Vicious vic tore it up, the last tiem i heard him was in dc YEARS AGO. and I wish i could get a track listing from him, well more importantly Id love to know the last song he played befopre richie neale went on? And richie props for a hard set. Never heard you before and the night was well worth it. And lastly Cosmic Gate didnt disapoint at all.