Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Picotto @ Avalon

I am thinking about chekcing him out on Sat, since I have never heard him live. What time is he coming on?

How does he play? Does he play straight techno for 6 hours straight or does he mix it up?

Any other suggestions for Sat?

Thanks.

I am thinking about chekcing him out on Sat, since I have never heard him live. What time is he coming on?

How does he play? Does he play straight techno for 6 hours straight or does he mix it up?

Thanks.

He usually starts at 2:00am and goes til closing around 7:00am....He definitly mixes it up from str8 up hard tech to prog and a little trance classics from his first cd..ive only seen him once where he played at full out tech set the entire night...As for his parties i allways love to music good vibe and he pulls in the best crowd compared to the other dj"s at avalon..i highly recommend checking him out

Thanks for your answers so far.

I like: DT, Calderone, Vibe, Chus & Ceballos, Deep Dish, Cox to name a few famous ones.

I do not like: PVD, Tiesto, Ferry Corsten to name a few more famous ones.

Where does Picotto fit in. My understanding is that he is somewhere between what I like and what I dislike.

Thanks.

It's gonna be a good party!!!

I like: DT, Calderone, Vibe, Chus & Ceballos, Deep Dish, Cox to name a few famous ones.

Where does Picotto fit in. My understanding is that he is somewhere between what I like and what I dislike.

Definitely doesn't fit within your likes... Personally I'm not a fan but who knows, you might like him...

Saw him twice recently; once at WMC and then a week ago @ Avalon in Boston. I had a great time at both and he spun techno, mini-tech, some house, and trance. I wouldn't really worry about the style he spins, you'll have a good time if you go.

He sounds like none of them because he does not stick to one genre..also the guys makes sounds that you have never heard before hard to explain he has his own sound and thats hard for a dj to accomplish..allways a really good vibe

Thanks.

Picotto = great dj

Last May I went up to Guvernment in Toronto and seen Mauro Picotto for the first time ever. And it was great. REAL REAL HARD. (but I guess he was catering to the crowd) Anyhow he wouldn't leave the turn tables (too my delight, but i felt bad for the not so big as him DJ's that didn't get to spin til much later in the evening) At one point he played this one song, and I just looked at my friend JZ and said, "WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And then proceeded to dance myself into a sweaty mess" Its really a real dirty bass line

The song was called

DK - Murder Was The Bass

"I'm sure many of you heard it last year"