Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Workout Gloves

d0wn1

i've never used them, tried a friend's one time, they make me feel really disconnected from the weights. i just feel more into it when im actually holding the bar. i use wriststraps for heavy back stuff (pulling) and shrugs, but aside from that i don't really think you'd need them anyway. but i do see quite a few people at the gym rocking them so i guess it's all preference.

Never got into gloves. Just dont like the feeling. I used to use straps alot a few years ago but found myself relying on them too much. Now i either use nothing or just use wrist wraps/suports.

• 4 weeks later...

gloves feel weird, i dont use anything but the closest thing in between the two is something that looks like a rubber pad

its pretty thin and it doesnt get in the way

why do you want to use gloves? the calus' ? try using skin lotion (vitamin e) over them if u want them to go away

ive never used gloves..i figure a little roughness on the hands wont kill me. I was able to deadlift 300lbs last week w/o gloves or straps so i should be good for a bit..altho the only way i could get that rep was over\under sumo style..but i cleared it..once lol

ok...i was really not understanding that statement...

and ur right...only chicks wear gloves...

:laugh: I use them because I don't want to fuck up my engagement ring, and I kind of like using them as I don't have caleses(sp) on my palms anymore. I use Nike gloves, with leather on the palms. It's different for everyone though, it's just my preference.

i sweat profusely. With sweaty palms, i'd rather be safe than sorry, and use proper glovers for better grip. there's nothing 'macho' in barehand workouts. It's simple, if u need them, use them! i use kettler's, with leather insets. it grips better and helps in eliminating sweat. Be smart, use em if u need em.

:laugh: I use them because I don't want to fuck up my engagement ring, and I kind of like using them as I don't have caleses(sp) on my palms anymore. I use Nike gloves, with leather on the palms. It's different for everyone though, it's just my preference.

u wear ur ring when working out???

i wear gloves when lifting... Harbinger makes some good ones.

i dont know why the fuck people think gloves are so pussy, i need them otherwise i start to lose grip on the bar by the time i get to my last reps. lifted for years without them, and never cared about having rough hands, but i've found that when you put on gloves and get that better grip, you feel more as if you have the weight totally under your control.