Clubplanet Nightlife Community

price of a bottle of grey goose at pure???

theguyfrompa

You're not paying for the alcohol even though that is how they charge it. For example when you buy an absolut and diet for $14 it only costs the club about a buck to make it. However you're buying the $20 million cost to build the club, the insurance, the labor, the advertising, the 17% tax, the expensive DJ, the light and sound system, the utilities and the real estate.

You're not paying for the alcohol even though that is how they charge it. For example when you buy an absolut and diet for $14 it only costs the club about a buck to make it. However you're buying the $20 million cost to build the club, the insurance, the labor, the advertising, the 17% tax, the expensive DJ, the light and sound system, the utilities and the real estate.

I know all that bro. That doesn't make a $500 bottle of Grey Goose any less of a ripoff. That price is outrageous even compared to other clubs here in town.

The other factor is supply and demand. They set their prices based on selling out their inventory to people who are willing to pay the price. The people who feel is is a rip off will not buy it but then again if everybody felt that way, they would have to lower the price. They are really selling real estate, not bottles. I think the price of a house in L.A. is a ripoff too but it's based on supply and demand. Anyway I agree with you, I think it's a rip off at $500. Just giving the other perspective for people who are reading this thread. :pint:

It's all in the clientel. Why buy a bottle of goose for $425 (at Drais) when you can buy a bottle of Cristol for $995. Oh yes.....we get it all the time. People pay these prices .....no questions asked. Why I will never know....I don't wanna ask. I believe it's in the service too. If you get a bottle and your waitress is more than awesome then you're more likely to come back, ask for her and get a bottle every time. I have a lot of customers coming back asking for me now cuz I will sit there and bullshit with them and they luv it. I'm a realist...what can I say....hehehe.....:devil:

It's all in the clientel. Why buy a bottle of goose for $425 (at Drais) when you can buy a bottle of Cristol for $995. Oh yes.....we get it all the time. People pay these prices .....no questions asked. Why I will never know....I don't wanna ask. I believe it's in the service too. If you get a bottle and your waitress is more than awesome then you're more likely to come back, ask for her and get a bottle every time. I have a lot of customers coming back asking for me now cuz I will sit there and bullshit with them and they luv it. I'm a realist...what can I say....hehehe.....:devil:

Supply and demand. Drais and other clubs are demanding and peeps are paying. :)

that's cheap considering the price of louis XIII( or whatever the # is) my friend saw on pure's menu

$6,000 for a bottle

No joke - had a party at Chi here last month that had an open bar of that from 8 to 9. Of course, I missed it :(