Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The world has a NEW POPE!!

digitalphoenix

VATICAN CITY (CNN) -- White smoke rose from a Sistine Chapel chimney and bells rang Tuesday, signaling the selection of a new pope.

1.gifstory.smoke.tues.2.jpg

Thousands of people in St. Peter's Square clapped and waved flags as the smoke began to billow over Vatican City about 5:50 p.m. (11:50 a.m. ET).

Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina Estévez was expected to make the official announcement of the 265th pontiff from the central balcony of the St. Peter's Basilica.

Suspense built as the throng waited for the symbolic ringing of bells, at which point the crowd broke into a roar of jubilation.

The 115 cardinals' morning ballots were burned at about 11:50 a.m. (5:50 a.m. EDT).

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Comedy is funny... :woah:

That ain't comedy. He was a Hitler Youth as a youth. Of course, it was required back then. Plus, he used to run the Papal department that ran the Inquisition back in the day. He has opposed nearly every progressive movement in the church since he's been in office. But I'm sure he's a nice guy.

That aint funny yo. Hittler killed millions of Jewish people. :ghey::lame::stupid:

:werd:

it was compulsory for boys his age to be in the hitler youth. his whole family was anti-nazi and he'd asked his instructor to be disenrolled from the list. people who keep associating him with hitler in this fashion shows nothing but ignorance on their part.

That aint funny yo. Hittler killed millions of Jewish people. :ghey::lame::stupid:

I think he was trying to imply how the Popes father was part of the Nazi party (true story). You will hear allot of people bashing him in these upcoming days for that fact. I have already seen allot of inappropriate front pages commenting about how his father was a Nazi and he is a tough person. He's not tough. He’s just consistent. Remember, he was Pope JP II's “right hand manâ€. These same people who claimed JP2 was “great, well respected, etc..etc..†are not trying to attack the new pope who’s the next best thing when compared to JP2. This new pope is essentially Pope John Paul in a different body. I'm amused at how only Christianity gets attacked. Why not Jews? Muslims, Hindus, etc..? Oh yeah,that’s right, it’s en vogue to bash Christians nowadays. Looks more like a knee jerk reaction rooted in fear more than anything else. For that I’m grateful! I rather the “haters†fear because it reminds me that they ARE NOT running the show! THANK GOD!

I can only assume we’ll be seeing a steady and constant barrage of attacks on this pope and Christianity (in general) for the next several months. And for what? Being pro life and anti gay? If so? Why single out Christians? Jews and Muslims are not pro death and pro homo……

Just my thoughts. Shame to see all this Pope bashing and I am not talking about CP people. Just what I have read in these past days from International Headlines.

Peace,

OBBY